Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 417 through 424 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Derrick Avila
    Participant

yeah its definitely turning, more posts of people questioning and criticizing the project are now popping up. the white knights are gonna have alot of fun when it gets really bad as time continues to move forward. whats funnier is that the ammunition being supplied to the ones who are now thinking for themselves is being supplied by CIG itself.

MDrake SC
      Participant

The OP is just some regular backer. Not an original or even veteran. Though he is a subscriber… Just another idiot who doesn’t prioritize spending money wisely. I mean specifically, even within the spaceship buying frenzy, there is a path of logic and best bang for your buck. Subscriptions are a 100% waste of money. Except when Beer is involved. He posted some pretty good questions in the past that got picked and answered.

Honestly, I hope these irredeemable people lose everything they put in the game at this point. Way too many warning signs and blatant scam tactics have occurred.

“Quality Has a Cost – Time.” Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Those folks forgot “Time is Money.”

You know what? I’m gonna go play a tiny bit of Halo Reach (released Sept 2010). I will use the fantastic “hologram” armor ability to distract my enemies so I can put in a headshot. Chris Roberts sure thinks a hologram gadget in Star Marine is something amazing, like in this Jan 2016 Gamespot article.

Oh yeah did I forget to mention… Halo Reach has 4 player campaign coop. 2 players per console splitscreen. You can even customize your character’s appearance in pretty good 2010 color and armor details by earning credits offline (online has caveats with a 1 time authentication reset). You can even play as the enemy alien in multiplayer.

Chris Roberts is way out of touch with reality. Let alone gaming. I will give him credit for being an incredible salesman, and attracting hordes of idiots who need serious mental help.

Joe McClintok
        Participant

I think we need to ask the big gaming magazines why Chris Roberts gets a pass on all the nonsense he says.  I am passing out these email addresses below at my school and asking people to email these magazines and asking them how they can claim to be honest news outlets while letting Chris Roberts get away with so many flip-flops and back stepping.  If anyone knows of any others, let me know.

PCGamer Magazine
          [email protected]

Game Informer Magazine
          [email protected]

PCWorld
          [email protected]

pindleton
          Participant

That’s disappointing.  I think, if anything, the FTC needs to take a stance and get some major consumer protection statutes put in place for future crowdfunding projects.  CR is obviously exploiting the shit out of the fact that crowdfunding is a proverbial “wild west.”

dsmart
            Keymaster

Chris had to have known that he was on borrowed time. He’s allowed ego to write checks that talent can’t cash. It’s going to all come crashing down on everyone soon enough. As painful as it is going to be to watch, at least those who are going to get buried in the loss, can’t say they weren’t warned. Had they held him accountable all this time – instead of just giving him more and more money – they’d probably have some sort of game by now.

Of course, those nutjobs keep bringing up game dev times, completely forgetting that all of these games had seasoned devs and publishers at the helm. Yet, they are quick to compare them to Star Citizen. Let alone Line Of Defense; which always makes me laugh.

Hyco Cam
              Participant

Darn, as you read through the thread, backers start talking about Squadron 42 and how they don’t expect to see anything in 2016.  We haven’t even entered the 2nd quarter of the year and folks are already lowering their expectations…

dsmart
                Keymaster

So the 2.2 patch was released to the PTU. Someone exported the patch notes.

This person put it best.

mark holtze
                  Participant

I don’t know if you guys have seen this…I totally missed it and HOLY SHIT. I don’t care who he is referring to (they are all backers in that thread) but what a PR disaster. I love how everybody around him wanted NOTHING to do with it, Matt is laughing his ass off (I can’t believe you just said that) and Allie next to Ben is like) “The fuck Ben? You know the CS ticket storm this is going to create”.

At least we know that you will be banned from the forums if you’re “that guy” wonder if that’s why Beer was banned?

Unbelievable….(i’m sorry if this was posted before).

PS: I got out, after a long ass debate with the CS over the past 4 months (thanks DS for the heads up) I was having doubts since IM has not been removed and the lack of communication regarding the control schemes. CR’s response to the escapist article was probably the most damning display of incompetence I have ever seen…what a load of shit that was. I expected more from him, but he showed his true colours in that response, frustrated or not….unprofessional.

“You guys are DINKS” BL to Cutlass community (to be fair only a subset of them, but backers and cutlass owners none the less.)

Viewing 8 posts - 417 through 424 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.