Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 385 through 392 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Josquin
    Participant

[quote quote=2563]Yeah, those Shitizens are precisely the reason why most people can’t wait to see this game fail.[/quote]

Most people can’t wait to see this game fail?  I read it on this forum, so it must be true 🙂

Blix
      Participant

Are you saying the lunatic fringe arent doing damage to the game?

Because I for one am one who has money in the game and still want to see it burn just for the look on the Chris (followers of the Roberts) face as they realize ya he lied right to your face and took your money.

The behaviour to charge in and defend the game no matter what about whatever until they feel vindicated does have a significant effect believe me.

Even now they cant fathom SM being cut. It will be added in later. Well if you believe that then I have some swamp land and a bridge. They will be too busy trying to squeeze out a game so they can say they delivered and walk away as fast as they can to add anything in.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
        Participant

Yeah I have money in the game as well but I win whether a game comes out or not cause I can laugh at all these followers of Christ Roberts or I can Grief(force PvP upon carebears) non-combatants (miners, S&R etc.) cause they don’t want to incur the expense of hiring security detail.

Originally I wanted to be paramilitary but the cockwaffles in the community have shifted me to full piracy and anarchy…..which is why I go in the PU and kill anything I see….cause that is all there is to do.

These fuckwads have created the drama they recieve and can’t own up to it.  Like the multiple backers who became dissenters did it as a Goon plot.

Josquin
          Participant

When there is insufficient factual information to go on, you get nutcases on both sides of the issue.  They get further and further polarized, and isolate themselves into communities that share common views and block out any evidence to the contrary.  I mean, you have to admit:  Investing money in something and then hoping for it to fail seems a bit irrational.

Then again, cherry-picking evidence that suits you, while ignoring evidence that doesn’t (confirmation bias), is a very natural tendency.

Blix
            Participant

I have said this before.

It is really sad that the true believers have caused more damaged and frankly alienated more people than the goons did. I am with you on that, my plan is the same. Once I wanted to be an explorer and trader. Now I just want to grief.

They made people goons and they cant accept that. It is crazy that they cant see that. In the unending quest to be right (they arent), have the last word, or even find middle ground all they do is push away normal gamers.

And Ya I can totally see lots of people wanting to see this burn. A friend of mine loves watching the nutballs in forum. Yes there are superfans but not to this extent and not this wrapped up in it.

I have gotten my money either way. The entertainment CR has given me has been priceless so if a game shows up then bonus I can grief. That is why I have lti – just smash shit.

dsmart
              Keymaster

I agree. The thing is that some of them are completely oblivious to the fact that they were the ones that gave all this bad press traction. And the more they attacked people, the more word spread.

We’re all gamers. We’re part of the drama collective. It’s in our gaming DNA. However, in my decades of being in this industry, this is the first time that I’ve experienced anything like this from the “supporters” of this project. The sad thing is that for every one Shitizen, there are thousands of true gamers who just want to see the game they backed, completed and delivered. And even they dare not voice any dissent or they will be attacked and vilified non-stop. Even right there on the official game forums.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that writing a blog on July 2015, would amount to this fiasco. And once Shitizens and some of the RSI people started attacking me, I knew that I had to go digging because that’s just normal behavior.

Then The Escapist article hit.

Then Chris wrote his diatribe.

The ball just kept rolling faster downhill from there.

dsmart
                Keymaster

Well so much for that. Another missed deadline.

Going forward we will be changing our patch release strategy to be less feature driven and more date driven. Our goal is to release a new update every month (so January’s would be SC Alpha 2.2). We have many features in development separate to the release stream, and the idea is that we assess which features are ready for prime time a few weeks out from the release and then greenlight them for inclusion in that month’s release. We would then have a good PTU test, make sure the features really are ready for primetime, fixing up the issues we see and in the case of a feature needing more work, we would pull it out of the release. Physicalized EVA is an example of this. After testing in PTU we felt we needed to do some more work in order to polish it for better usability in certain circumstances.”

dsmart
                  Keymaster
                  Viewing 8 posts - 385 through 392 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.