Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 369 through 376 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

Yeah, it looks like Click did the tour when they were moving to the new location. That would explain the empty seats.

dsmart
      Keymaster

If this new bill (1, 2) passes, as most expect that it will, companies like CIG will no longer be able to hide behind arbitration clauses, thus stripping consumers of their right to be heard in a court of law.

Stan Porky
        Participant

Yes but it certainly seems as though there has been an increase is dissatisfaction of late.

It is possible the goodwill of older backers or a deluge of new backers will keep the the atmosphere positive and thus keep CIG in the business of continuing to mask the real state of the project and it s financing.

It is a risky game to play because if opinion does change there will be one hell of a scramble for the exit and like any market crash an awful lot of people will be left out of pocket with egg on their face and feeling very angry and foolish indeed.

CR has to maintain his credibility and with each passing week, each new discount or ship to drag in some extra $, each excuse or about turn on the tech the deliverables, any poor press, the ex staff members etc etc …that becomes more difficult to maintain.

Stan Porky
          Participant

The more I read about the PU game play design and the inability of the technology to deliver the CR “visions”, the more I think there will be no community to speak of IF CIG ever deliver.   How much interaction between players will there be in low population instances and a world with 80% NPCs controlled economy.

I don’t see how they can deliver the different professions as anything other than a text based, largely solo,  simulation on an in game screen where you click buttons and await an outcome rather than actually “play” with other people.

Any fool (rotund or otherwise) with the art ability of a two year old, can design a ship on the back of an envelope.     It is another thing to deliver it in a modern game.

dsmart
            Keymaster

Well, since the game is never getting finished, there’s really nothing to worry about I don’t think.

dsmart
              Keymaster

A press release issued over the weekend strongly suggests that more modules could be broken off and sold separately at a later time.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/15/10997622/star-citizen-made-a-big-change-in-how-its-sold

Tracy Acord
                Participant

Well, if you want more ammunication for FTC, BBB and Class Action Law Suits, well, just go take a look at their store.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/merchandise

Are you saying “WHAT?  Are they selling physical models that are in stock but they haven’t shipped my physical models that I payed for in over 1-2 years?”   You have that right.  This is where they will get in trouble for scamming customers.    If you purchased a package and they are telling you “When the game is ready” or “Maybe at the end of the year”.  This is bait and switch.  All they care about is funding funding funding, but not delivering, delivering, delivering.

They can then say “Well, it was a pledge”.  Um, buying a package for physical items is not a “Pledge”. Also, when you purchased a package like many of you all have and never received, when you purchased, the package, there is no documentation stating the physical items would be delivered “When the game is ready”.

I have been trying to get a refund when I contacted them 30 days after my $299.00 purchase last year.  Their answer was “We never promised any physical items until the game is ready so your refund is denied”.  Now they are telling me “Possibly end of 2016″.

I have given them every opportunity to refund, but yet, same response from <span style=”color: #444444; font-family: ‘Lucida Grande’, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px;”>CS Rep: Kraiklyn.

Now I have every legal right to file a “Charge Back”.  I already informed them because of the bait and switch tactic and actually tried to say “That is illegal to do that”.  Well, taking my money and not delivering items is illegal.  I give a hit about the game, but more for the physical items because I thought they were pretty cool and a way to fund the project.

Well, they can also call in the “Eula” which they have changed multiple times from my agreement.  The game changed from what I paid for.  Time to contact my CC company with all my documentation for a “Legal Chargeback”.

I’m excited to find a good class action and go after them.

</span>

Tracy Acord
                  Participant

This was CSR response in about 3 minutes:
                    Hello Quibbly
                    Thank you for your comments.  They are not the same item.  As mentioned, the item you have pledged for is still in production, and is being shipped later this year.  Again, if you are looking to pursue a legal route, I am afraid that is something the CS team are unable to assist or get involved with directly, and I therefore advise referring to my previous response for the information you need.

All the best,

Kraiklyn

So, they are not the same?  Um…. a physical item is a physical item.

Viewing 8 posts - 369 through 376 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.