Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 329 through 336 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Josquin
    Participant

Are they in over their heads?  Maybe.  Is it a scam?  I don’t really see how.  Even the “disgruntled” ex-employees didn’t claim that.  If you look at the facts objectively, it should be obvious that they are truly working hard on trying to deliver the game as promised.  Emphasis on “trying”.

lir big
      Participant

I won’t sum everything that has been said in these blogs , and on various places on inet, but, there are at least 2 con brains at work there imo from the begining. And as for ChrisRoberts : he is a grown autist, drawn into his megalomaniac visionary dreams, and a total fool. And he’s fooled backers all along the way as well (edit : and he’s fooled the people working for him !). Not even talking about Ben.

lir big
        Participant

They are waking up too. But now how long will the industry be able to welcome CIG refugees? As you said somewhere these hundreds of people (if they are still that many?) will be left with no job . I think this is the saddest and ugliest part of this scam in the end.

Josquin
          Participant

When there is a lack of real information, conspiracy theories and paranoid delusions take over.  What’s next, claims of secret offshore accounts and money laundering?  I don’t care about the noise and unsubstantiated rumours floating around the net.  What I do care about is that the promised game won’t come to fruition unless they can sustain their current level of development for much longer then their burn rate seems to allow for.  That part of what Derek is saying makes total sense to me.

lir big
            Participant

This is what I’m trying to say here : there is no ‘current level of development’ there has never been. It’s just all about testing mods into cry engine editor, and animation team making shiny advertisment comercials. All you see, as for playable content, from them is VERY easy to build up with a competent team. It’s worth 6 months works. its only demo. The scam is behind that when they make us believe all they’ve ‘developped’ so far is incredible. It’s not. the biggest part of the team beeing on comercial production and marketing. And the con team on the top fooling everyone.
              As for the evidences? CIG provides them everydays, we only analyse and dissect them here, that is all.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
              Participant

Bollocks

Conspiracy theory? How about

1. Where the fuck is all the Star Marine shit that was just around the corner.  All that work and then they just decide not to release it because of quality but this broken piece of hot mess shitizens call the “PU” (even though there isn’t shit persistent about it) is supposed to represent the standard they are trying to receive?  They talk out both sides of their mouth.  They ban critics with legit criticism since they “disrupt” the community.

2.  its been 3+years.  What the fuck do they have to show?  Some oh bullshit.  Only assets they push out is shit they can monetize.

3.  They refuse to give deadlines.  They refuse to tell us what to expect in the next patch.  They refuse to roadmap what they plan to do.  Before you say its cause they catch shit when they miss deadlines ask yourself how many times you can miss deadlines at your job before you get FIRED!!!  They don’t give suitable explanations for why they didn’t make it and tell you to fuck off cause they have your money.  They have over 100 million bucks and ZERO accountability from primary stakeholders.  That is a recipe for disaster.

4.  The Community.  Holy fuck where do I start.  I thought WoW Mannoroth server was hardcore, these cockwaffles take the cake.  It’s a general clusterfuck of clashing personalities but what the fuck can you expect when you take nutjobs, RPers, Carebears and hardcore PvPers/Griefers and throw them all in the same ENTIRE FUCKING FORUM.  Carebear, PVP and RP,servers exist for a reason in other MMO (if they try to cater to all those crowds).  You have to segregate them or you get RSI forums.

AND FINALLY I GUESS YOU MISSED THE PART WHERE MONEY IS SENT TO THE HEAD OF A FACILITY COFFERS AND A LOAN OF THE SAME AMOUNT IS MADE.  JUST WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THAT, A FUCKLOAD OF SHELL COMPANIES AND LLC’s ARE FOR.

Tracy Acord
                Participant

I’m really getting a kick watching them fall apart.

I’ve been trying to get a refund for over a year and they first come back and ask how it was possible that I made the purchase for the package I have, then call me a liar, then come back and state “We didn’t promise the physical items until the game is finished”.  Actually, they are incorrect.  When you purchase a package, there is no statement anywhere stating the physical items will be delayed.

Now, more requests later, I stated this is a Ponzi scheme and this is the response from Kraiklyn:

“<span style=”color: #2b2e2f; font-family: ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, ‘Lucida Grande’, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif;”><span style=”font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;”>To clarify, we are not an enterprise that accepts investors. You pledge/donate to support the development of a game, not gain a financial return. Therefore, a Ponzi scheme is not something that has any basis here.”</span></span>

<span style=”color: #2b2e2f; font-family: ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, ‘Lucida Grande’, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif;”><span style=”font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;”>Actually, we did pledge for a game and this includes certain packages such as physical items.  They sell other physical items like t-shirts, hats, etc and the items are delivered in 30 days, not when the game is developed.  </span></span>

<span style=”color: #2b2e2f; font-family: ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, ‘Lucida Grande’, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif;”><span style=”font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;”>As for a Ponzi scheme, if they are taking money for personal gain with a promise of a product that doesn’t’ exist, it is a ponzi scheme.  </span></span>

Josquin
                  Participant

If I had a crazy amount of money invested in the game, maybe I’d get this worked up about it too.  As with any crowd funded project, there is a good chance that it will fail and you will lose your money.  That’s why I only invested a small amount.  If it works out, great.  If it doesn’t, I won’t lose any sleep over it.

Viewing 8 posts - 329 through 336 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.