Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 321 through 328 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    lir big
    Participant

And you know the funny thing ? I discovered E:D because of SC back then when I didn’t know anything of the genre and wanted to try an actual finnished game. With that in mind that SC would certainly be better than E:D given the scope and funding. Well to this date I have like 77 euros invested into ED and been refunded 200 with the other thing.

Thank you Chris and Sandi you made me discovered an awesome game/genre. Your truely.
      Horizon is really good btw, OKay lacking of features right now but I guess we all went “wow” when we saw the release schedule . But since Frontier has proven its seriousness…Just can’t wait for the end of 2016.

MDrake SC
      Participant

Minor info to share.

Goon leak says,

This prick knows the square route of gently caress all. Like most of them that step in and talk oh so knowledgeably.
        In 2017 people will get the first bit of SQ42 which will involve some very basic scripted missions and a poo poo load of eye wateringly bad custcene.
        The console version will run parallel but come out much later. Pretty much everything that Chris has promised will never come out and now they are creating more and more online shows etc to drip feed this out.

Well, looks like we’ll soon see what the “totally detached” Chris Roberts will demonstrate.

Other info involves Moon Collider, the external developers handling the AI. Their introduction show is here. You can search their name in the Oct 2015 monthly report, Nov 2015 report… and even the Dec 2015 report… oh wait. They are not there. Let’s see Jan 2016 report… not there either. Looks like CIG threw out their AI partners to cut costs.

My current summary is… SC has more money available thanks to people bailing and leaving. Chris will use the free cash to make more shows to milk the cash whales, since the game engine and gameplay experience are totally broken and unfinished. There will likely be a serious lack of new footage and content to show.

No one gives the slightest concern to AI, when it is fundamental for a good single player campaign, let alone Vanduul Swarm or the Persistent Verse. Personally, I was really happy when I first saw what Moon Collider was working on, and it really made SC fun for solo and coop play. Now, they vanish without a trace from CIG. Sad.

It’s been said before, but it requires mentioning again. Every aspect of Star Citizen is screwed. There is nothing fun to salvage, except for the train wreck entertainment factor. Of which, they may start mentioning Moon Collider or Kythera after reading this post. Can’t allow the whales to abruptly realize something is missing, gotta guide them slowly with mental gymnastics.

The worse part? New people are still backing this ponzi scheme.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
        Participant

I expected a reduced role but not to be completely written off.  No more AI improvements it would seem.

This was from the November monthly report

<span style=”color: #6abbcf; font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 28px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);”>It’s been really satisfying to get these solid new features in, as we expect to be a little less involved over the next few months. We will be mainly focused on supporting the bugfixing effort for 2.0 as we head towards the holiday break. More significantly, as the internal AI team has ramped up in size this year they’ve been able to take on more of the front-line tasks, allowing Moon Collider to switch to more of a supporting role rather than leading development ourselves. In the new year we’ll continue supporting the AI team in helping to make Star Citizen bigger and better, but we’ll probably have fewer awesome new features to present in the monthly reports.</span>

dsmart
          Keymaster

Yeah, I already knew this was coming. However, with their burn rate, I don’t see how they’re going to make it past 2016, let alone into 2017 in order to release any form of SQ42.

Again, if they survive 2016, it would be a miracle.

dsmart
            Keymaster

The meltdown over the propaganda video continues. Quite frankly, I’m shocked it’s still going on and nobody’s banned yet. UPDATE: They deleted the thread, but here is an image of the one that did it.

Then there’s this thread. See those two backers? $250 (Silence) and $15K (Brown Hornet) respectively.

this one is pure Gold

Josquin
              Participant

[quote quote=2500]Can Star Citizen be made if the funding stopped? And they subsequently closed it…for not understanding game development apparently. I’ve said the same thing since my first blog back in July 2015 when they were at $85M. Not a chance. We’re at $106M mark now, they missed the Nov 2014 date by 15 months now. And this is just a small list of what they’ve promised and which are yet to be implemented in the game. And contrary to what people think, money is a huge factor into this and yes backers SHOULD be worried that if the money stopped flowing, they will never – ever – get the game promised. Ever.  [/quote]

I like what they’ve come out with so far, but the unspoken assumption seems to be that the money will keep flowing.  I can’t see how this thing can be brought to a fully featured state unless they can sustain another 2-3 years of development.  They might need to pull a rabbit or two out of their hat, but the project seems too big to fail.

lir big
                Participant

Unfortunatly, the thing is that it’s not a time for speculation anymore in a serious manner. What people at most don’t realise yet is that this project is dead already. It’s a scam machine, a real one, that never ever intended to be game production at all. One can speculate on how the game will not provide every feature in 2017/1/8/19 etc. No. This project will be dead soon, going to court, FBI on it, and Roberts and co into jail. It’s a ponzi scheme whatever you want to call it. They have NO intention to release anything, regardless of who set that on in the first place. Just cash grab disguised into game prod.

lir big
                  Participant

Did you get any info about this case yet?

Viewing 8 posts - 321 through 328 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.