Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 337 through 344 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Hotsauce ShoTYME
    Participant

The amount I have invested is negligible.  What gets me worked up is people acting like CIG actions are fucking Kosher and normal and how somehow it will be ok if they implode because they were lavishly irresponsible with others money.  By that I mean:
      -staging shows instead of developing a game

-Rediculous amounts of money on furniture.

-Allowing your wife to use CIG property for FREE!!!

-Expensing lavish shit I.E. First Class instead of coach.

Josquin
      Participant

The way I look at it, they are employing a lot of people who are working their butts off trying to deliver the game.  The backer money keeps these people employed and able to feed their families.  That’s why I decided against asking for a refund.  If there are improprieties going on, that’s unfortunate, but I haven’t seen anything yet that would suggest that they are not genuinely trying to deliver on their promises.

J HOW
        Participant

Publicly it appears to be a new article on their netcode here, apart from being a sentence or two it doesn’t make much sense.

“We’re using the Dead Reckoning system which means not sending data that isn’t needed, along with other systems and refining them to ultimately have scalability in the future. The impact on bandwidth won’t be major, but performance on servers and clients is our big focus right now and later on we’ll continue to optimize the network code with a more careful eye when things are looking good on performance.”

Interesting to note they have been experimenting with running Cryengine as a server, headless… Don’t have to explain to you why that’s a bad idea.  Initially I thought they were joking.  This is an attempt to manage clients in an attempt to fix physics issues, location issues, mapping, 64 bit on the server side.  Based on what I can extrapolate they are trying to reverse engineer a new type of server without the graphical head to handle server functions to run from console and to develop it from there.  I wish I was joking.

Such a broad subject there is no actual subject matter of specifics.  Scalability without changing the fundamental architecture will not achieve results.  If anything it’s a waste of time, effort and resources IMHO.

dsmart
          Keymaster

Yeah, I read that earlier. No, you’re not joking. They’re fucked. Completely.

dsmart
            Keymaster

Looks like more and more true fans of the game are giving Shitizens a run for their meds.

lir big
              Participant

lol deleted already, have you got a screeny of it?

Blix
                Participant

It should be on the goonies or check DS’s twitter it may be there as well.

I am on a huge time out for speaking truth on the Star Sausage. Shitizens are finally starting to lose the battle. Hopefully with more discontent the forums may go on full lock down. Which will kill the game and make more goonies. Hell a couple just asked for ban so they could get a free account.

It is changing in the air. Now hopefully this will penetrate up into Sandi and CR and maybe shake the foundations. Because if the whales start get shaking then the shit show is over.

I haz hopes and dreams of shart citizens and the sinking of. Say hope that documentary and making of is still going on because it will make a hell of a video!

SJ Parkinson
                  Participant

Has anyone noticed how vanilla the Star Citizen Wikipedia page is? No mention of delays, cancellations (even official cancellations like Star Marine), ToS changes, issues with the game, etc. Absolutely zero controversy.

Meanwhile, over on the Elite: Dangerous wiki page there are mentions of refunds,  some of the controversies through development, etc. You have to wonder why?

I’d love to test this out, but can’t remember my wiki login creds.

Viewing 8 posts - 337 through 344 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.