Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 305 through 312 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

Yeah, I just got wind of this earlier this morning and have been looking into it. This is just part of the shafting of backers. And it’s going to get worse.

MDrake SC
      Participant

Play this song, and enjoy. I needed it to go through 40 pages.

Derek responding to a cultist, the same one from TNGS that attacked Beer, and considered Sandi a friend.

An idiot who just happens to be a fool.

Do you for ONE minute think that after the PR nightmares they have been dealing with since I landed on their front porch, then The Escapist dropped through the chimney, that if the Beer emails were fake, they won’t have jumped on it?

That aside from the fact that they’ve been sending (empty) legal threats left and right for even LESSER transgressions.

Derek commenting on the grey market,

No; because, I’m sorry to say, they’re sorta right in this regard. This is similar to buying Grey market accounts, ships etc. As long as you didn’t buy directly from CIG, all bets are off.

And if someone sells you an account, then does a chargeback, thus taking the money out of CIG; yes, that’s actually fraud.

HOWEVER, if CIG wanted to do the right thing, they would dispute the chargeback from the bank and they’d have to prove that the digital asset in question was in fact gifted to someone else. I suspect that they simply have no way of proving this. Hence the reason that they’re after this person (who now owns the item) in order to claim that loss.

Also, if this was in the EU, they’d have a problem because the EU courts have ruled that people must be allowed to sell digital goods.

This is also similar to eBay/PayPal scams; which is why buying/selling with verified accounts offers the most protection.

The real crime here is that CIG is bothering to go after someone for this small (all things considered) amount of money. They must be desperate.

Goon leak says,

A good man from CIG UK is quitting and off back to the Fatherland.
        Its not a firing and he is leaving on good terms. A familiar face to anyone that’s been following the B4TBG email drama ..

And an Australian goon got his $80 refund. Image here. Consumer protection laws there forbid time limits on refunds.

Extra fun info. Sandi is from Adelaide, Australia, so shouldn’t she know about that refund stuff? Maybe, the exemption was made because she remembered her home turf. “I am one of the best saleswomen in the world without a shadow of a doubt and always have been since I was a very small girl.” – Dec 18, 2015

My guessing summary is… Sandi is a wealthy nutcase, Patrick is leaving, a large group of the UK CS team is leaving with him, CIG is expecting an Australian refund spree. CIG is desperate for cash, but since Chris and Sandi are not mentally normal… can they feel normal desperation?

We require more vespene tears.

dsmart
        Keymaster

The more FTC complaints filed, the quicker the Feds will start looking into this. We’ve been in contact with them already, but as with everything to do with the govt, they’re not very quick in things like this. Especially given that other more serious complaints have higher priority.

As to the exodus; yeah, people are leaving – and they are having a hard time filling those positions. Several have left since Jan but have yet to update their LinkedIn profile. I tend not to mention them until they do so publicly. The most recent departure I mentioned yesterday, was Lee Amarakoon, Snr VFX artist out of the Austin office. There are others.

dsmart
          Keymaster

Looks like the refund crisis is in full swing. And the Shitizens are still on the attack.

dsmart
            Keymaster

The project exodus continues. Today, Patrick in CS, star of the Beer/Sandi email exchange has quit.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
              Participant

He was the CS on my ticket inquiring about my ban….

pindleton
                Participant

I have been trying to figure out what to do when CIG customer support stopped responding responding to my refund request ticket suddenly.

I decided to ask the community what I should do from this point (seeking an escalation pathway) . You can read that discussion here

I never imagined the kind of petulant hostility I would get for asking such an honest and simple question.

I simply want to walk away from the project and the community that treats it’s fellows like this.

I logged a complaint with the FTC. What more can be done? Helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pindleton
                  Participant

I went ahead and filed a formal complaint with the BBB as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 305 through 312 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.