Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 225 through 232 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    MDrake SC
    Participant

Aside from a whole lot of thrown out work… Star Marine was never that cool as a concept. Crysis did it way back in 2007. Very fun, but was only officially done in single player, and thus, got old. From the beginning of walking with gravity, then a sudden jump into the air and floating around, and getting lost in a few tunnels, shooting, hiding, and dodging nimble aliens. Some items or debris could be used as makeshift cover after being shot and budged around. Star Citizen is late and way buggy as hell.

Oh, and I learned that Hotsauce ShoTYME was permabanned from CIG forums for asking about DX12 and Engine Rewrite. I saw that thread way back then, but I did not realize who it was until 2 days ago. Of course, Ben says some crap, closes the thread, then bans a critic.

dsmart
      Keymaster

As Beer said

“This is why they’re justifying denying refunds. This is why they’re violating their own TOS and not showing their finances. This is why they can walk away at any time with a multi-million production company and do whatever cinematic bullshit Chris wants. Digital Anvil was run into the ground because it was a digital production company masquerading as a game studio, but the publishers fronting the money expected a game to be delivered and had the legal clout to get what they paid for. Now Chris is doing the exact same thing all over again, only now there are no publishers to sue him into oblivion when he fails to deliver. These people are fucked and they have absolutely no means of stopping it”

dsmart
        Keymaster

BREAKING NEWS!!

Jason Hutchins, Snr Producer of Star Citizen has QUIT

Word is, he just upped and quit. Just like that.

He was the last bona fide producer (at any level) in the US, and who was the only remaining producer in the US who had any experience in shipping games and who has shipped commercial games. 

Word is, there no longer ANY (that we know of) experienced producers in the RSI/CIG US studios who have ever shipped a game.

Yes, you guessed it. He was based on Austin.

It gets worse. 

He was the senior producer for the Persistent Universe and Star Marine fps (which Chris Roberts confirmed yesterday, has now been canceled).

I have been notified that others are in the process of leaving, but I am awaiting further confirmation. I didn’t want to hold this up, so I decided to front load it.

I’ve said this before, if this project survives 2016, it would be a miracle of epic proportions.

It seemed like only yesterday (It was actually July 2015) when I first sounded the alarm on this project and for which I have been under constant attack and harassment.

Here we are over 4yrs + $106M + over 500 people having worked on this project, and all backers have to show for their money, is a glorified CryEngine mod a bunch of indies could have made in their spare time.

Back in August when I said that seeing as they neither have the tech, nor the expertise to build a game of this scope, that I suspect they’d start producing crap in order to satisfy their delivery commitment, people called me crazy.

Following yesterday’s confirmation of Star Marine’s cancellation in which Chris Roberts claimed (It’s FALSE, and anyone who ever saw the list of SM features, compared to the rubbish that’s in the current 2.x PU, knows this) that was was promised in that module, is now in the 2.x, someone said it best:

This is why they’re justifying denying refunds. This is why they’re violating their own TOS and not showing their finances. This is why they can walk away at any time with a multi-million production company and do whatever cinematic bullshit Chris wants. Digital Anvil was run into the ground because it was a digital production company masquerading as a game studio, but the publishers fronting the money expected a game to be delivered and had the legal clout to get what they paid for. Now Chris is doing the exact same thing all over again, only now there are no publishers to sue him into oblivion when he fails to deliver. These people are fucked and they have absolutely no means of stopping it

And in case you haven’t been following the ToS shenanigans as it relates to refund denials, here it is all in one place.

If you have ever been denied a refund for a project they have FAILED to deliver (Nov 2014) and which is now over ONE YEAR late, you CAN report this to the FTC. Yes, they ARE aware of this. So the more bona fide complaints they get, the quicker they will take action in protecting consumers. People, this is over $106M now. It’s not a few thousand dollars.

I have put all the resources together.

MDrake SC
          Participant

And the circle comes back to the biggest early warning signs. As a refresher, it started with associate producer Travis Day leaving around 6/26/15. Shortly afterwards, executive producer Alex Mayberry left, with the only info I could find being May 13, 2014 to June 2015. Then Derek Smart was refunded in July 2015. Once all these events happened, in that little time frame, all my warning flags were tripped.

As if my suspicions weren’t already triggered with the return of LTI, the Constellation Taurus LTI pricing, and sudden silence about the original Xian Khartu.

Now, we watch to see how many people bail out to protect their reputations. I feel sorry for the honest people at CIG that wanted to make the best space sim. They tried, but Chris just ruins all of their efforts with his egotistical mush mouth.

I know Derek is aware of the specifics of many things, and eagerly await the day he has the opportunity to reveal those specific details.

dsmart
            Keymaster

Yeah, I know a lot of things. Unfortunately I can’t reveal them without putting sources at risk and outing them. Only within legal action, or if they do it themselves anon, will most of those ever come out.

People are talking. Most in the industry who have friends working on this project across the world, know exactly what’s going on.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
              Participant
                dsmart
                Keymaster

Yeah, that’s not gonna end well. Also, there is a serious Reddit thread about it now. This comment outlines everything that was promised in Star Marine.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. FPS is not even close to what Star Marine promised

dsmart
                  Keymaster
                  Viewing 8 posts - 225 through 232 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.