Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 833 through 840 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

Yeah, it was in early access, then I removed it due to Shitizens doing their review bombing nonsense. So now it’s strictly in invite-only closed Beta.

Ranger Man
      Participant

I can understand that.  I saw the 5/27 announcement about public release and the download link to steam and was hoping it was available.  When it comes available I’ll get it.  I’m looking forward to a sim with ships that actually  fly – but do you provide jpegs of each one also <G>.

dsmart
        Keymaster

What Tweet was deleted? They’re both up.

dsmart
          Keymaster

$114 million..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWYkAVqTEtM[/youtube]

LOL!! Ship destroyed? No problem. Wait 20 mins or pay 12800 ($12.80) aUEC to respawn

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAmFcIjEZhQ[/youtube]

Ranger Man
            Participant

I guess I just don’t understand game development <G>!!  I’ve done some software development for various things as in I needed to do something for my job and I had to write the software.  I was always under the impression (obviously mistaken <G>) that you got the basics working first.  For example ships shouldn’t float randomly in space and people should be able get in the ships  To me that means there are some very basic underlying issues in my foundation that should be fixed before other items work especially if that flashing at the start of the first video was part of the game and not his special effects (but that’s just me and I’m probably wrong <G>).  The “washing machines” (love that guy’s name for them) seem to randomly point so it appears they are not getting the signals from the thrust control brain or they need some meds to control the hyperactivity!  But then I’m just a lowly backer and it’s still Alpha (a five year alpha!!!!) and I don’t understand the complexities of all this – in other words as long as don’t think it all will be okay.  So many red flags so far ago.  There is so much broken at the foundational level.  You can only put so much duct tape, baling wire, and bubble gum on something before it collapses.

Initially I thought this would be a cool game but then they started talking about character death (another change from the initial) specs being permanent.  I’m sorry.  I play for fun and I have a life, job, etc.  I will make mistakes and die in a game so I want to be able to pick up from there.  I get enough of real life every day and I don’t want to have to live another real life in a sim.  My character dies, so what.  I don’t want to loose everything I’ve worked for in game and have to start over.  If I want to do that I’ll create another character.  When they start doing the real death to the character stuff it’s no longer fun.  In most of the FPS I play I can save, reload (or get back to a checkpoint) start over when I die so I can try new things, learn, but continue to have fun.  Most people don’t have time to invest in a sim to loose it all when they have obtained ships and game money, experience, etc.  If they lose it all they won’t be back and if they know it up front they probably won’t buy it and especially if they’ve had to invest real money in things for the game.  The insurance stuff is crap as far as I’m concerned anyway (see my rant above <G>) and CIG screwed it over big time with LTI, then only for a while, then none, then need more money so LTI is back.  If you have to do insurance make it reasonable.  Most of us are casual gamers, not people participating in the old Quake tournaments to win Ferraris.

SJ Parkinson
              Participant

Blame my slow Internet connection. If I leave the forums to load for a few min I see your images from above. While loading, I see blanks.

I checked her account on Twitter at the same time and got a “The tweet you are looking for is unavailable”, but they are there now so may just have been a glitch on my end.

lir big
                Participant

”I think his inspiration for procedural planets came from here many moons ago!” . Yeah I guess Chris was inspired ever since he was a little girl. Seriously when will this travesty ends? how long will they keep giving the finger to the gaming industry?
                  Come on media, wake up ffs?

Seriously, Thieves please.

Backer42
                  Participant

My own assessment of the techdemo client combined with my own knowledge of software development (which got me interesting in participating in the first place) got me to the conclusion that the thing is fundamentally broken beyond repair.

My personal impression is that it got hosed by converting it to 64 bit. Lets face it: Neither CIG nor Crytek have someone like John Carmack, who might have pulled such a stunt successfully. The people working with that suboptimal game engine weren’t up to the task.

Good thing I got my refund already before I got hands on the “Alpha 2.0” mess.

Viewing 8 posts - 833 through 840 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.