Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 649 through 656 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Hyco Cam
    Participant

Super exciting!!  VIP Alpha!  Early, Early Access!

Psssttt!  You got the cash?  I got a super secret test spot for you!  Alpha testing is for the peons.  Give us some cash and we will let you through the velvet rope…

Oh and if folks wanted something to complain to the FTC about–this will probably work out.  The “common man” is going to associate alpha testing with the earliest phase.  Creating a subset, from a hand picked grouped, depending on how worded–certainly makes the initial offer of “be an alpha tester” turn into a bit of bait and switch/deceptive advertising (https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/advertising-faqs-guide-small-business).

Joe McClintok
      Participant

Got motivated to do another video.  Still waiting for Major Tom to tell us his secret from last weekends video

HERE

Hotsauce ShoTYME
        Participant

What manner of fuckary is this?  Did they fire their QA team?

dsmart
          Keymaster

LOL!! What “QA team”?

The backers already paid for the game, are entitled to it, and there should be no  instance (or excuse) whereby some paid backers get access to the game, while others don’t.

The massive patches are an engineering issue; not a testing issue. And it was only a matter of time before the costs caught up to them. This has more to do with controlling the narrative (of the shitty tech demo), than it is about testing.

Ask yourself this. The PTU is also a similar “invite only” system. So why is yet another layer, the ETF, needed? What can they do in the ETF testing that they can’t in the PTU? They can quite easily reduce the number of people who have access to the PTU if they wanted to, since that system is also a staggered access.

ETF -> PTU -> PU makes absolutely NO sense; and it’s just another bone-headed mistake that someone came up with. And it won’t yield the expected results.

So much for “open development”

dsmart
            Keymaster

LOL!! Man, that was hilarious. Wait till pgabz (Major Tom) sees this.

btw, this is the secret that he was talking about.

dsmart
              Keymaster

Needless to say, not everyone (1, 2) is taking the news lightly. What a mess this project has become. Shame, really.

Straight from CIG:

Thought I would provide some extra context…

If you played the very early builds of 1.2.0 (Social Module), 2.0.0 (Crusader), or 2.2.0, you will recall how terribly unstable each of them were. Clients and servers would regularly crash in a matter of minutes or sometimes even seconds.

The goal of this group is to get a limited set of external players onto early builds of a version so we can get it stabilized and ready for normal PTU playtesting and iteration while keeping our operational costs down. The reality is we do not need thousands of players to download a build that isn’t ready for primetime!

The need for this group will diminish once we are further into our patch size reduction project and our download costs are not so prohibitive. You can read more about that in our Monthly Report here:https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15285-Monthly-Studio-Report. 🙂

dirtroad
                Participant

Why am I here? not for moronic juvenile shit like this.

What they’re doing will have an impact on a shitload of things.

Is it true that CR and SG has paid their way to a good life using backer money?

Is it true that they put a ridiculous coffee machine for $20k in the office?

Not impressed with your video, sry..

Anonymous

[quote quote=2885]Why am I here? not for moronic juvenile shit like this. What they’re doing will have an impact on a shitload of things. Is it true that CR and SG has paid their way to a good life using backer money? Is it true that they put a ridiculous coffee machine for $20k in the office? Not impressed with your video, sry.. [/quote]

Well it’s pretty sad that most of those who post on this forum have nothing but hatred towards the development of a “game”, and that game is set to go where others have only dreamed of going. There are many accusations of wrong-doing, none of which have been proven to be true. All of this so-called inside information is posted as fact when it’s made with the use of “unnamed, anonymous sources”  and it’s yet to be proven as fact or possibility ever will. They talk about this 20K coffee machine as if it was bought out-right and not simply as being supplied by a company whom rents or allows the use of it as long as they continue to be their coffee supplier. It’s nothing but pure conjecture on and on.

Derek has stated that this forum is for open, honest discussion, shouldn’t that include “actual facts” instead of conjecture ?

I wonder what all of these naysayers are going to do/say when the game actually gets released. “Oh, I guess I was wrong, my bad” or will they actually be sorry for dismissing it as the “lie” they portray it to be.

What will Derek do when he is proven “completely wrong” ?

Viewing 8 posts - 649 through 656 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.