Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 449 through 456 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Stan Porky
    Participant

From that thread …

“Lmfao @ the White Knights

This is Chris Roberts fault for giving IMPOSSIBLY UNREALISTIC dates like “beta by December 2014” just to get more funding back at the start

I for one knew how long MMOs took, but I didn’t think Chris would flat out lie so I just believed they were further along in the process or that he knew something I didn’t when he gave those ETAs back in 2012

If he had been honest about the date of release being ~2018 and how “rare and limited ship sales and original backer perks” would eventually be offered to everyone there is no way I would have given him $2,400

I’d have bought one package and walked away for 4 years, not stayed here constantly checking updates waiting for some kind of “playable” dogfight module or Alpha

Actually if he had said we would have Interactive mouse mode and pilot controlled gimbals on fighters like Freelancer 2.0 I wouldn’t have preordered at all “

Stan Porky
      Participant

Great post but what “design documents” does he think were produced ?

Stan Porky
        Participant

I love “gaming” sections of an an MMO community (in game) and it has been very apparent to me that the MMO part of SC was incredibly badly thought out.   It has been a wishing away of the experience of human behaviour in MMOs over 15 plus years vs CRs “vision” and the imaginations of these care bear MMO players that ruined most MMOs with thier PVE whinings.

Anyway wasn’t the AI supposed to deal with players that attacked others in safe space ?

Stan Porky
          Participant

To be fair the caveat on design has been there all along (AFAIK) but you are absolutely right that that won’t matter a bean to most players (or the law – if it comes to that re fraud etc)

The whole offering is absolutely littered with these sorts of problems that are just waiting to bite CIG on the bum.    They are so incompetent they just keep creating new sticks to be beaten with almost every time they open their gobs to explain some new features or sell another ship….

Stan Porky
            Participant

it is worse than that.

I personally love “griefing” in MMOS but CR is encouraging people to think they should “grief” other players by being bounty hunters etc…There is going to be so much whining from all these fantasy amateur “Bountyhunters” etc if they performed a miracle and delivered the game remotely as promised.

The large % of MMO players simply cannot handle being “griefed” = anything immediately stopping them from playing in their special bubble which they imagine is protected by the games publisher.  They respond by walking away or bombarding CS and forums with their crying and whining.

dsmart
              Keymaster

Well it’s easier to have players do it, than for them to script AI to do it; as that would take longer. Either way, they’re screwed.

dsmart
                Keymaster

It’s more about showing progress than it is about appeasing care bears. Thing is that this was trivial to implement given that, well, they have the CryEngine sandbox to work from. Go ahead and see if you can pick out one of the dozens of promised features you think they could possibly implement in this tech demo. My answer: none.

lir big
                  Participant

The usual crap. Now I’m just waiting here for when it’ll be common knowledge about this thing beeing vast con. From then we can start to move on more serious things such as how we can help , as witnesses and victims, to putting these guys into jail for long time .

Viewing 8 posts - 449 through 456 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.