Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 441 through 448 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Scott Barber
    Participant

Well, I see that idiot Lowtax moved the SA thread behind the pay wall.  Guess I’ll just keep up from here.  I’ll be three days dead before I give SA a nickel.  Keep up the good fight Derek.  I love that you have the same rep as the Boogey Man to the cult.

Blix
      Participant

You are in the EU. Your govt is on your side. Keep pushing them. If not try a charge back then on your payment method.

They may delay a lot as well.

US/Can is a lot more corporate and less consumer rights.

MDrake SC
        Participant

I take a break for 1 and a half days… and so much has happened and been said, or history brought back up. I did notice the PMs being monitored thing back when the goons were talking about it a week ago.

Though seeing that Lowtax has paywalled the SA thread is… slightly questionable and sad.

But I think we got enough info from the goon investor and leak. We know lots of people have left and thus money has been freed up. There are some company share buying events going on. Chris is still wasting money, most likely on SQ42 reshoots, theater trailers or progress shows. Sandi is doing something terrible to employees behind the scenes with the private investigator. Ben is such a terrible person, he deserves many of the insults that are hurled at him. The crazy monitoring and censorship hopefully means things at CIG are VERY bad now.

The ridiculous thing I hinted at sometime ago, but cannot revisit due to the SA paywall, is that apparently backer money was used to own a race horse. It was all traced to a CA Irvine business address with Chris’ name. So yes. Backers paid for Chris’ mansion, cars, 1st class travel, Sandi movies and auditions, and a bloody horse.

The ugly situation is that… this show will be drawn out way farther. Unless the other thing that Derek hinted at has finally occurred, it may be another 4-6 months of CIG lousy patches, videos and refund denial attempts.

Derrick Avila
          Participant

wow, so at the conclusion of that post…because people are ramming eachother in an alpha they went ahead and set up an anti-grief system complete with a “jail”? for a PRE-ALPHA? are you kidding me? LOL. ok here is my experiences with such mechanics, they do nothing good for a game and actually cause the playerbase to dwindle because when you add more rules to open environments like star citizen, you are also in effect giving griefers more power in some ways as time passes. that may not be so atm for star citizen, but later it could balloon into that after patches have been added. here is an experience i had, remember that game called “age of conan”? it was an MMORPG by funcom.

the carebear populace were complaining about getting ganked and killed in the game’s world. so they cried enough to get funcom’s attention and thus the anti-grief system was put into place. iirc correctly, striking a lower level player and would make you turn “criminal” at which point its open season on your head and if you got a high enough score, you will begin to drop a random piece of your equipment off your character upon your death. i was one of many  voices on that forum that spoke against it with its potential rammifications and it fell upon deaf ears since we were shouted down for it. this eventually led to max level players being griefed by low levels out of their gear.

standard attacks in Age of Conan were AoE. all it took was a group of griefers to run into your strikes, and they’ll all die to it. you just murdered 5 innocent low levels! then here come their friends lying in wait to come gank you out of your equipment. im not sure it’ll lead to this in SC, but i will say thus far, what they have done is probably far more damaging than what funcom did to their game. because they are implementing an anti-grief system in pre-alpha (instead of focusing on you know…finishing the game) and thus all the things people wanted to do….may not be possible now. this was supposed to be a game where they could be pirates and murderers and mercs. if you are punished for doing random acts of violence or whatever, this is going to highly discourage settling scores in-game, discourage pirating, a much wanted and talked about feature, and doing jobs for money as a merc. Star Citizen from my initial impression was to be a sandbox where the players themselves policed the game. now backer money has further been used up to make this and i find it absolutely hilarious yet very upsetting. all because people wanted to ram ships in a pre-alpha??? what a joke. a 110 million dollar game’s development has been literally rail roaded by people goofing off. WOW.

simonbull
            Participant

[quote quote=2621]Hi Derek love this blog BTW Im from Europe and tried getting a refund but was flatly told that the 14 days was over and refused a refund What 14 days i have no idea maybe someone can help me here kind regards Simon [/quote]

i was once again flatly denied  a refund despite me telling them that the 14 day period is not applicable for an undelivered game

they also warned me that if i charge back  then that will be considered fraud and they will be monitoring my account an replys closely

i asked them what happens to my money when this game goes tits up and you go bankrupt

dsmart
              Keymaster

Do a chargeback! There is nothing illegal about it since a) they have increased the scope of the project b) failed to deliver by the promised date

dsmart
                Keymaster

When will SC finaly start to get seriously?

Oh Shitizens, don’t even change.

dsmart
                  Keymaster

The latest Star Citizen outrage summarized

Viewing 8 posts - 441 through 448 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.