Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 209 through 216 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

@J How: yeah, that’s a very interesting analysis and is part of the issues I’ve been lamenting about for months now. The thing is that, as has been pointed out many times, this game was never billed to be an MMO. However, based on how the features in the stretch goal were described, coupled with the architecture required to make it happen as promised, they had no choice but to go the MMO route. I believe that they’ve been refactoring for over a year now which is what led to the 2.0 release. However, doing that while still trying to implement 64-Bit positioning, is a pure nightmare.

I don’t believe that this game, as promised, will ever see the light of day.

dsmart
      Keymaster

Yeah, it looks something’s off. We use the bbpress plugin for the forums because the other plugins which added comments to posts were rubbish. I will see if I need to rebuild the post counts and such. Hopefully that will fix it.

I don’t believe that the plugin has a “recent posts” option; but I will check.

dsmart
        Keymaster

Yeah, they apparently killed the thread and put the poster on probation. Several people have pointed out to me that it is in fact true that the ship was already in the 2.1 build as part of the .pak files.

dsmart
          Keymaster

[quote quote=2287]@ Derek Something today, broke the date or chronological sorting of forum posts. You might want to find out the issue because reading stuff is extra difficult now. If your forum software can implement a “recent posts” feature, that would help too. [/quote]

I have rebuilt the forum db and also enabled a few new features via plugins.

MDrake SC
            Participant

EDIT: This post was meant to be a quote/reply to #2317

The new features I noticed are:

• Notify me of follow-up replies via email – have not used
              • Quote reply button – does not work, tried it for this post
              • Go to first unread post – does not work on first login, sometimes works after edit
              • Recent and older posts are still out of order by date

The forum plugin just doesn’t want to behave. Still, thank you for spending your weekend trying to fix the forums. On the unintentional side of this specific reply, recent posts now are at the top. Hopefully things work going forward.

dsmart
              Keymaster

[quote quote=2324]EDIT: This post was meant to be a quote/reply to #2317 The new features I noticed are:

• Notify me of follow-up replies via email – have not used
                • Quote reply button – does not work, tried it for this post
                • Go to first unread post – does not work on first login, sometimes works after edit
                • Recent and older posts are still out of order by date

The forum plugin just doesn’t want to behave. Still, thank you for spending your weekend trying to fix the forums. On the unintentional side of this specific reply, recent posts now are at the top. Hopefully things work going forward. [/quote]

Quoting works fine for me. I am using Chrome though.

Will keep plugging at it. I don’t want to use a separate forum that’s not part of the site or I’d switch to IP.Board which we use on our company forums.

dsmart
                Keymaster

I called this one months ago, but it’s now official: Star Marine, as we knew and saw it in many trade shows, videos, dev updates etc – is officially canceled.

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2016/01/25/star-citizens-star-marine-module-officially-cancelled/

I sort of get annoyed sometimes when I sort of see this pop up in comments and stuff like ‘Oh Star Marine is cancelled’ or ‘Where’s STAR Marine??” Well, Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS element of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together. Flying, running around, shooting, all the rest of the stuff, all together. Well, that is what’s in 2.0, that’s what’s in 2.1. So, with the Alpha 2.0 onwards, you have basically what we were planning to do with Star Citizen from the very very very beginning. If you go back and look at the original pitch, we didn’t say ‘Hey we’re doing Star Marine’, we say we will have FPS, we will have boarding. Well, you HAVE FPS, you HAVE boarding right now” -Chris Roberts, 2016

“Where Star Marine differs from Arena Commander is that we’re not launching it in its most basic game. Instead, we’re trying for something more. It includes animation fidelity and attention to detail that you wouldn’t normally expect in an “alpha” gameplay module. There’s even an entire sci-fi sports game with zero-G movement fully simulated and animated in there! (And don’t worry, there’s traditional FPS action too… with some new ideas that aim to set Star Citizen apart from the crowd.)” -Chris Roberts, 2015

lir big
                  Participant

I just saw your tweet about StarMarine and watched the 10ftc. Lol. Outrageous how he’s lying upfront everybody’s faces . “SM was just a module to test blahbla implement blahblah FPS in 2.0 etc “and in the end he’s dodging as usual. Quickly saying at the end of his speech backers will still have gold horizon etc in 2.2/2.3 – we all know that means SoonTm aka never.
                    Derek, I don’t know how contractor system work in game business. Is it possible that Illfonic not only left with the expertise, but also with some ownership on tech, code etc used in SM ?

(edit : just saw your post #2327 as well now )

Viewing 8 posts - 209 through 216 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.