Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 145 through 152 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    lmax
    Participant

Guess he is your doppleganger.  🙂

MDrake SC
      Participant

To celebrate a fantastic week of Scam Citizen… time to share more with a little trip down memory lane!

SQ42 performance capture here. The relevant reddit here. Courtesy of the Goons.

After watching this… I feel really sorry for the competent actors that were brought onto the project, even if it is just for a paycheck. Chris is just… “magical” at how he ruins everything with serious promise. I have nearly zero hope for SQ42 being fun or enjoyable beyond 20 minutes. I get the impression that anything actually good in the script was likely rewritten and edited out by Chris’ idiotic desire for his “perfection.”

Read about Chris’ efforts here with his very talented composer. “Rescored it almost 30 times” doesn’t sound like a good thing at all.

Seriously, rewatch the Gamescom 2015 video here, and relive the 7 minutes where we thought this project had promise. Aug 7, and then BAM, the first Escapist article on Sept 25. Then it all goes downhill for everyone that has a functional brain.

To think, it’s been only 5 months where I was hopeful that this project had something, even knowing who Chris Roberts was. Then it all splatters as evidence smacks the internet repeatedly.

Derrick Avila
        Participant

holy shit, i just read that entire exchange. the level of ridiculousness contained in that conversion was astounding, as well as the arrogance that gardner revealed. i knew she was egotistical, but not that bad lol. good thing i wasnt drinking anything otherwise i wouldve spat it out at my monitor from the laughter. i understand its their forum, and their rules….but to give a guy with pedophilia post a week’s worth of the banhammer VS someone who was clearly giving feedback, bringing to light major issues, a permanent one is a very serious problem. its utterly disgusting. just like that other forum post i read about people being raped, and suffering vivisection by some galactic empire? who the hell are these people allowing into their community???

lir big
          Participant

lol , when Chris said SC is what WingComander should have been he forgot to tell us it was about the terrible movie not the game. With a bit of luck we’ll be watching SC in theatres right before the next star wars.

Roger Thomas
            Participant

I saw the Facebook thing and then spotted this comment from yours truly.

Customer Service sucks lol

dsmart
              Keymaster

Who remembers back when I was saying that Sandi was using backer funded resources to promote her acting career? It’s in two blogs that I wrote. And this was her response to one such query.

Well, some enterprising Goon put it all together last night.

If you go to her online resume, then click on the media tab, you will see a series of videos there.

The 2nd video “Full Performance Capture” is from Squadron 42 shoot.

The 4th video “Interrogation Scene” is Alex Mayberry (ex-CIG producer) as the detective.

The 5th video “Reverse the Verse” was added to a RtV video and has no relevance to that show other than her using company resources.

All of the above were shot on company premises, using company – and backer funded – equipment. Now being used on her personal ventures. In fact, the 5th video has absolutely no relevance to the game or company; and was tacked on the end of that AtV segment.

dsmart
                Keymaster
                  Hotsauce ShoTYME
                  Participant

I could really care less about this woman using CIG resources after hours for her pet projects.  Far more things warrant more attention than that and they can just make up face receipts if you try and prove.  The problem I have is if the entire purchase of media equipment was predicated on her personal use under the guise of open development.  This is much easier since open development is not what they have been doing.

We have no road map of feature and mechanics implementation.  For a supposedly agile project the lack of a published product backlog and dates on fulfillment is missing.  I know incompetence is not actionable in court but what about blatant negligence?  This is a complete lack of accountability because all those dev updates mean fuck all without any temporal context or expectation.

Speaking of which, remember all those Star Marine updates and the progress they made yet none of the mechanics they spoke of are implemented.  I wouldn’t expect the maps and game types to be in game but I would expect all the weapons and animations they spent a massive amount of resources “polishing up” to have made it.  Smells like they still have multiple builds going.  No one is asking questions.  Canceled FPS and the idiot masses are happy with the bullshit FPS in 2.0 despite it missing  a very large amount of work they told us they did.

That’s par for course cause if you ask questions you get permabanned without any warning or notification.  DX12 was planned all along but they come back and say they just got the resources to be able to implement DX12 so back when Chris was saying it he was full of shit until recently.  But no they said DX12 just came out…..Like M$ does not release SDK’s to developers before public release.  Like multiple games have not implemented early 2015.

Here is the fucking kicker.  Why the fuck have a stretch goal to build a MOCAP studio when you just planned to use a currently existing studio.  Proceed to do all your MOCAP at that current studio and still plan to spend money building another.  FOR FUCKING WHAT????? I KNOW AFTER ALL THIS SHIT GOES BUST THESE FUCKERS STILL HAVE STUDIO GRADE ASSETS TO GENERATE INCOME FOR THEMSELVES.
                    NO ONE EVEN SMELLS THIS SHIT?????

I bet Sandi could run the classic ass money gram scam on these fools.

Viewing 8 posts - 145 through 152 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.