Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

Yeah 50 missions are promised. And backers get the Behind Enemy Lines mission disk free. No word on how many missions that one contains.

Of course in the past few weeks, Chris has already said that SQ42 is now three “episodes”. Which leads me to believe that they are going to probably somehow split those 50 missions and the mission disk.

That aside from the fact that backers are already entitled to it and so they have to figure out a way to make extra money from selling it to non-backers. Hence the reason that it had it’s own orders page since Oct.

dsmart
      Keymaster
        lmax
        Participant

Yeah, that is a little interesting.

What I’m going to find interesting this year is their cash situation.

So many people think $102M is some incredible huge amount.  And it is…

But when you have 500 employees, and high priced rents, combined with all the fancy furnishings…their monthly cash burn rate must be incredible.

dsmart
          Keymaster
            MDrake SC
            Participant

What a fun way to build steam for 2016. Checked the 10FtC video transcript, read some weird crap, then check Derek’s twitter for extra confirmation.

Chris is now saying that there will be animals to kill, skin, and sell? I laughed so badly reading the transcript, I had to view it in the video. Turns out Derek did the same too. Chris is soooooo mad, he has to imitate Elite, No Man’s Sky,  Infinity Battlescape… what other space games have amazing things that Chris has to imitate?

OK OK, I’m taking it too far. I agree with Derek that there is no game. Just more tech demos, more falsified features, more scope creep, and of course more sales.

What I am really curious about is what Chris is doing in the UK, again. He has some habit of going back and forth, and wasting backer money on flight tickets. This is the age of video conferencing. Draw the diagrams, flow charts on camera, cut costs while keeping communication realtime… but nope. Maybe he and Sandi are sticking in vacations in secret? Though it’s more likely that he is doing more mocap. Both?

I really wonder if Chris treats Erin with “equal” professional respect? Or gives the raving rants that he also gives to his talented, but unloyal employees?

I expect the whales will cough up much more funding for every sale, and drag this amazing show past Feb 2016 till March 2016 easily. If wave 5 ships are announced and sold rapidly, I’d stretch it to June. I try not to underestimate how far whales are willing to ruin their lives for this dream.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
              Participant

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/309774/my-fear-for-star-citizen

Just another day in  RSI forums.  Someone posts a valid concern asking for accountability and tangible progress instead of fluff and the cult converges to tell him he does not know what he is talking about.  Reference a bunch of links with the same information he relayed ignoring that he as asking for actual results.  Tell him he knows nothing about game development and these things take time. You don’t say.

How long until he is permabanned like me without any reason given nor a warning?

lmax
                Participant

What really amazes me is how they don’t have the foundation built.

And when I say foundation, I mean a basis of how a persistent economy, mining/salvage methods along with the other of myriad crap that gets loaded on each week.

It really is time for a facepalm.  They crank out a document for serving drinks on a jet liner yet don’t have the basic concepts of cargo and trading established along with the value of the currency.  Christ, they have a Reliant model that is basically a news helicopter.

But holy hell, I’ll be able to land on Nyx and skin wild life.

In short, it is fucking stupid.

dsmart
                  Keymaster

Yes. Chris has absolutely, totally, lost it. I’m serious. And this is what happens when there is zero accountability for a project.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.