Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event

Forums Main Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event

Viewing 8 posts - 49 through 56 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Denan
    Participant

[quote quote=3064] @denan You know why I’m not even addressing any of things you’re writing? Because it’s clearly as waste of my time because you can’t be serious, let alone objective. Saying stuff like “<span style=”color: #343434; font-family: Ubuntu, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5;”>They didn’t start the war, you’ve been highly critical and negative about the project from the start.” </span><span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>is yet another example of what I’m talking about. The project started in 2012. I backed it. I wrote my first blog in July 2015. They closed my account, refunded me, then tried to lie about it, while posting statements about it on their official forum. Yeah, that’s me starting a war.</span> Nice try. [/quote]

You’ve made statements (twitter/facebook) before writing your first blog.. before even the kickstarter finished. And none of them have been positive. So yes.. i am serious.. and, besides the fact that i backed at the lowest level, i consider myself as objective as possible. Yes, i want them to succeed.. no, i’ve seen enough to highly doubt that they will ever will.

You being right doesn’t change the fact though that you’re acting like Randy’s male twin, not targeting the company and their faults, but individual employees and trying to crucify them for statements made in the past.

If you spend some time googling me i’m sure you’ll find plenty of stuff i wrote online when i was younger, some funny.. some good.. but mostly just banter between me and my friends that contains plenty of ‘inside jokes’ to be funny to me, but highly offensive to someone not involved in the inner circle. The same stuff that can be found about yourself and most other people who tend to have a large online footprint.

Add: just to clarify: I don’t care that you “threw the first stone”. You had valid points in your first blog and your previous behavior doesn’t disqualify those points. What i do dislike though is the feigned innocence and ‘martyrdom’. It just drags the discussion away from the key points 😛

Denan
      Participant

[quote quote=3069]Wow, still seems some people still don’t get it. And by ‘it’ I mean how far down the toilet star citizen has gone. The latest blog is called Extinction Level Event for a very good reason. Just my speculation but perhaps those such as Denan want to believe that there is still hope for the game, simply because they don’t want to face the fact that their money has been wasted. Following that reasoning, if everyone pointing grim opinions like that out, as well as the other horrors occurring then go away, everything will be better. [/quote]

Read it.. again.. SLOWLY this time.

I share dereks concerns, he has valid points. I do not believe the game will ever see the light of day, at least not in the form i first assumed when backing it. I consider the 35$ that i spent on it ‘throwaway’ money, i spend several times that amount on a night out. So losing it is no big deal.

I do however think that some Goon’s (not all) and Derek are acting in the wrong way to get the truth out. Quite counterproductive 😛

lir big
        Participant

Well, the former backers are doing it out of anger.
          The goons are doing it for fun
          DS is doing it for both + a good bonus share of free advertising. Doesn’t hurt I guess.
          I would be interested in what alternative way you’d propose so it’d be more productive?. And it is not asked in a sarcastic manner.

letitfail
          Participant

I did read your posts friend, all of it. It is a pity you seemingly did not read all of mine.  I even had highlighted an important part just to make it simple for you in a section you did not quote. Here it is again:

But it does not mean anything at this point in time.

Your concerns regarding the game are irrelevant due to star citizen being FUBAR.

This also means there is nothing any other party can do at this point that is counter productive as CIG has already been sabotaging themselves for years.  But hey just my opinion. By all means go on blaming ‘counter productivity’ on whoever you want.  Feel free to include me too for the shitizen tear harvesting i will do elsewhere as this plays out. There is a chance I could bring the whole thing down with such counter productivity!

Seriously, good to hear that you only lost that much. A bad situation (in this case no game) could always be worse.

dsmart
            Keymaster

I have updated my original Ben-Ghazi post with more links.

lir big
              Participant

It’s astounishing. sounds like total nazi freak psycho’s words. I mean these are not just few lines of text out of context. It’s a fracking full book.
                As for the non-apology missive : No apology no nothing , taking the depressive excuse out as a pretext.

Come on, for the people out there that are still sceptical about this ‘project’; he just wrote this yesterday, you can’t argue about ‘out of context” stuff.
                _”[…]my ideas about things like politics and history were pretty freaking stupid.”
                No Ben just no, you’re a racist dude so you can’t get it, but we are not arguing about your politic and historical views.
                _”the thing I most regret from years past was what a jerk I was on message boards. I’m sure that’s all out there to find, too!”
                Oh because what we’ve found isn’t you beeing a jerk yet?
                _ “I’ve spent my life becoming a better person”
                Ben Lesnick. Developer.
                _ “I don’t want to say I’ve figured out how the world works, but I’ve learned to respect everybody else in it instead of imagining they’re out to get me.”
                No way Sherlock, you know what you sound like those guys who pretend to have Black people as friends but won’t shake their hand.
                _ “but I’m not going to pretend to be someone else :)”
                Scary. I wonder how many Jews/Muslims have been paying your salary those past 3 years?

Lol for fun : http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?query=chris+roberts

“Poor stupid Chris Roberts. He wants to be a ral director. #10,893”. BL, The Book of Laugh.

Denan
                Participant

[quote quote=3077]I did read your posts friend, all of it. It is a pity you seemingly did not read all of mine. I even had highlighted an important part just to make it simple for you in a section you did not quote. Here it is again: But it does not mean anything at this point in time. Your concerns regarding the game are irrelevant due to star citizen being FUBAR. This also means there is nothing any other party can do at this point that is counter productive as CIG has already been sabotaging themselves for years. But hey just my opinion. By all means go on blaming ‘counter productivity’ on whoever you want. Feel free to include me too for the shitizen tear harvesting i will do elsewhere as this plays out. There is a chance I could bring the whole thing down with such counter productivity! Seriously, good to hear that you only lost that much. A bad situation (in this case no game) could always be worse. [/quote]

I consider it the risk of backing a kickstarter. And yes i have a strong sense the game is beyond hope of repair. I’ve had that ever since the largely expanded scope of the kickstarter and the strange lineup of stretch goals. That’s why i supported Derek’s questions and criticism. And no, i don’t think any actions of Goons/Derek dug the hole for SC. The project management did that themselves. The counter productivity i was talking about was the diluting of the original argument by shitposting and attacks on employees/community members.

Or in other words: Do you support the current argument about Ben’s old quote archive? If so.. there’s no use talking to you. 😛

[quote quote=3076]Well, the former backers are doing it out of anger. The goons are doing it for fun DS is doing it for both + a good bonus share of free advertising. Doesn’t hurt I guess. I would be interested in what alternative way you’d propose so it’d be more productive?. And it is not asked in a sarcastic manner. [/quote]

Ah well… both SC’s advocates as the Goon’s/Derek have given me plenty of amusing moments… So i guess that’s worth something. 🙂

But in all seriousness i would prefer if the critical side would focus on asking the hard questions and pushing for answers, leaving the personal attacks out of it. And that’s on a professional note.

On a personal note i would love it if both sides “man the fuck up”. Everyone is entitled to their opinion… and everyone is entitled to post it. What i thoroughly dislike is the constant complaining.. Both sides playing ‘innocent’ and enlarging every small infraction like it’s some stranger beating up little kids. I have no objection with Derek, SC’ers or Goons behaving like asses.. i do object if people act as asses and complain that other people treat them as such.

letitfail
                  Participant

“Do you support the current argument about Ben’s old quote archive? If so.. there’s no use talking to you.”

I regard that question as being a bit flawed as I would throw back the question: What does Ben’s reprehensible old quote archive have to do with the failure of star citizen? Which has the obvious answer of nothing. Note how I never mentioned it in past posts.

But ok I will bite anyway. Take a general member of the public who knows nothing about star citizen. Provide only the the info that the very public figure/customer relations person of an unnamed $112m company (just for arguments sake) wrote this (a few select quotes with admission of writing them). Question: should this person remain in that public role? A reasonable majority will say no due to not having vested interest, and will rely on their moral alignment which shows that disturbing, reprehensible shit as being intolerable for a public position. There is my opinion as well.

Alternatively say the archive belonged to an elected member of a political party I hated/made fun of. Would I use it to attack the party itself? No as the typical supporters themselves would find it reprehensible. Would I expect the official to stand down? Most definitely. Of course,would there be others who attack the party as a whole as well as opposing diehards who refuse to believe/accept/whatever? Also yes. Would I attempt to intervene? No, that’s life. The analogy should be fairly clear. If you are so inclined then take your moral issues up with them, not me.

However I don’t recommend it. I suggest that your flawed question to me was a result of you eagerly attempting to take the moral high ground above both ‘sides’, as demonstrated throughout your posts (whether you realize it yourself, meh) . As an example one particularly damning line is:

“Both sides playing ‘innocent’ and enlarging every small infraction like it’s some stranger beating up little kids”

By probability, it is highly unlikely you do deserve to be a higher moral authority for any side or individual. Additionally as has been a running theme in my posts, even if you were such an authority the end is nigh and your complaints/concerns are pointless, valid or not. Meh, my opinion, by all means carry on.

Viewing 8 posts - 49 through 56 (of 155 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Extinction Level Event’ is closed to new replies.