Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 737 through 744 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Backer42
    Participant

CIG has managed to raise over $100 million from roughly 1.3 million eager players.</span>

No, they haven’t. On Kickstarter 34,397 backers pledged $2,134,374. That is the only certified number. Everything else is made up. Some backers have thousands of accounts on that RSI site. Most have pledged nothing.

CIG told the press, they had about 70.000 total downloads of the “Alpha 2.0” techdemo client, they had about 70.000 verified Twitch livestream watchers in Oct 2015. And tens of thousand is roughly the number of YouTube views they get.

So we can say they have 70k “eager players” spending money on this, but not 1.3 millions. That’s ridiculous!

dsmart
      Keymaster

Yeah, it’s bullshit. We know it, they [CIG] know it, and they know that we know it. Unfortunately, the media can only go by what they read/see on the CIG website.

dsmart
        Keymaster

2.4 Evocati report.

LOL!! yeah, wanna bet they release it to public with at least 75% of those bugs?

–    87.2% of ETF accounts logged into 2.4.0-353268 a total of 4,243 times.
          –    90.6% of ETF accounts logged into 2.4.0-352849 a total of 4,618 times.
          –    725 bug reports have been entered in the PTU Issue Council.
          –    87 bug reports have ten or more reproductions.

…and this is supposed to be a good thing apparently

It’s a great example that sometimes less is more: we’re getting the same volume of bugs reports from the larger past waves

Backer42
          Participant

Well, the media can do research and ask questions like

How many unique paying backers do you really have, CIG?  How many unique credit cards did pay for Star Citizen?

Then verify it by checking a second source. Just like real journalists did in the old days.

Parroting stuff from marketing websites is not reporting and is not journalism. Gaming clickbait blogs are not “media”.

Backer42
            Participant

Can’t wait until they add a pre-Evocati test flight limited to 42 carefully selected backers.

letitfail
              Participant

From all the recent hilarity going on the thing that got my interest the most would be Paypal putting their foot down regarding crowdfunding. Deadline 25th June. regarding implications others would know better then me as I am not a Paypal customer and don’t know the extent of their protection program. However it is my understanding that in general those who took their case to Paypal after CIG refused, received reimbursement? If so, then is this the last call for refunds for unhappy CIG customers as well as crowdfunding sites that allow Paypal payments? (excluding direct card payments with their own terms for chargebacks).  For CIG specifically the May TOS deadline might thicken the plot. I have always been of the opinion that people should seek a refund ‘NOW!’, likely get refused by CIG then chargeback. But I am wondering if its worth for them to delay to see what happens with the TOS. I am interested in other peoples perspective on this although admit most people have been sorted into got refund or not already. However there may be a few wavering holdouts who might be triggered by the announcement to take action this late in the game.

As for Paypals decision, with a small reservation I think it is overall an appropriate response to the high risk of crowdfunding.  People need to start looking past the promises and dreams and instead look at the years of crowdfunding experience now collectively gathered.  The comments on a number of kickstarter project pages are a warning to everyone who would think of opening their wallet. And satisfied customers in others. Choose wisely.

dsmart
                Keymaster

The PayPal deadline won’t change anything in terms of Star Citizen between now and July 25th. All the deadline means is that after July 25th, PayPal won’t be doing refunds/chargebacks for crowd-funded projects. So whether people try to do it now before the deadline doesn’t really matter because I’m sure that anyone who wanted to do it by now, already has.

dsmart
                  Keymaster

LOL!! Seriously. Read. This. Shit.

HEISTS!

From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 82

Apr 11, 2016 @ 23:33

we WILL make it so that, you know, for instance, ah… you know, PERHAPS there COULD BE a… uh… HEIST! in… a really… like… you know, something like the TERRA SYSTEM… ahm… for like a CARGO SHIP full of… I don’t know… GOLD BULLION or something… but the HEIST! would have to be INCREDIBLY WELL PLANNED, think of it like the… HEAT HEIST at the beginning of… the film HEAT with, ahm… you know… DE NIRO and… PACINO… ahm… the way you’d have to (jazz hands) TAKE DOWN ALL THE SECURITY SYSTEMS and DO ALL THIS and CO ORDINATE and DO IT ALL AT ONCE.

VAULTING!

From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 77

Feb 29, 2016 @ 24:50

we’ve got things like VAULTING, you know, like GOING VAULTING over objec… obstacles and stuff… and that, ah, isn’t going to be in 2.2 but it’ll be in… 2.3

ultimately it’ll… you know it’ll have the equivalent of being able to do PARKOUR with SLIDING and VAULTING OVER STUFF and LEDGE GRABBING and all the rest of the stuff.”

Viewing 8 posts - 737 through 744 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.