Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 273 through 280 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

For those of you wondering about all those funding levels and associated ranks.

$30 – White Citizens Card (Scout)

$40 – White Citizens Card (Mercenary)

$60 – Green Citizens Card (Bounty Hunter)

$125 – Bronze Citizens Card (Colonel/Freelancer)

$250 – Silver Citizens Card (Rear Admiral)

$500 – Gold Citizens Card (Vice Admiral)

$1,000 – Platinum Citizens Card (High Admiral)

$2,500 – Platinum Citizens Card (Grand Admiral)

$5,000 – Black Citizens Card (Space Marshal)

$10,000 – Titanium Citizens Card (Wing Commander)

lir big
      Participant

To be honest Derek, If I had the money to sue them alone I would do. Even if I’ve been refunded, and thanks to you when you said “guys it’s now or never” back in october, I’m still so mad at Croberts and crew for what they’ve done. I want them to pay for real.  Now that said , do you know if consumers have started to meet up and organise, or, are we like the very first wave aware of it from when it began to stink? in wich case, how about we start organise ourselves? In Europe things can go fast if we gets enough crowd voicing in. I just absolutely don’t know how or where to begin nor have the ressources to do so.

dsmart
        Keymaster

I have no doubt that they won’t get away with this. It’s just a matter of time now.

And yeah, I know of at least one group (they wish to remain anon) that is working on getting a lawsuit going. They too have the same arbitration hurdle that I do and which I explained over here.

J HOW
          Participant

Today I discovered why they were chasing my references, after many many months.  It appears they are now chasing former candidates who had previously applied for positions and got turned down, and are now trying to make offers to those for completely different positions than they applied for.  Aware of a couple of people have also been contacted for customer service positions in Manchester UK.

Unofficially they are looking for customer service personnel (who can double as moderators) in the UK.  In the UK they are also looking for a backend engineer to keep the servers in order.

Without making it obvious who I am they are also now recruiting for;Cloud Solutions Architect to re-architect their server side infrastructure
            They are now trying to recruit a Build Engineer for the server side software, to allow for rapid deployments of their new code on the new infrastructure setup
            Senior Server Engineer to listen and implement what the Cloud Solutions Architect says
            DevOps Engineer to implement the server / code side between the server engineer and the build engineer.

In the UK this is the job role for backend engineer with the new Job Description:

Requirements:

• Strong C++ and multi-threaded programming skills
            • Experienced in <span class=”caps”>TCP</span> and <span class=”caps”>UDP</span> networking and creating highly reliable, scalable distributed server systems (This is new)
            • Development experience in Windows and Linux
            • A passion for making and playing games
            • Work well in a cooperative team environment

Pluses:

• Online game and/or <span class=”caps”>MMO</span> development experience
            • Experience profiling and optimizing server systems (network, <span class=”caps”>CPU</span>, memory, IO) (Also new)
            • Experience with client/server development including security and network traffic management (It seems like they are reading this thread)
            • Java and/or <span class=”caps”>LAMP</span> (Linux, Apache, MySQL, <span class=”caps”>PHP</span>) development experience
            • Experience with Cassandra, Riak, MongoDB, or other NoSQL databases (100% Reading this thread – this is not how their current infrastructure operates)
            • Development experience with zeromq, ActiveMQ, and/or RabbitMQ or other messaging systems (Really seems like they are reading this thread – not what their current server side looks like – similar to service bus) – Hello Guys! *Waves*
            • Use of Hadoop, Thrift, MapReduce, and/or <span class=”caps”>REST</span>ful <span class=”caps”>API</span>s
            • CryEngine development experience
            • Space combat sim development experience
            • One or more shipped products, especially PC products

Jobs are now listed here and they seem to have immense trouble hiring people, maybe why they are looking through past candidates. https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs

Trouble is, for the reasons mentioned in this thread, it’s not as easy as hiring new people.

MDrake SC
            Participant

Wow, that’s a crazy good follow up post. Love the “extras”. Over on the goon forum, Derek and the leak were both hinting that something really big happened, but both could not drop any further hints to protect others.

My guess is that there was more than just 1-2 people quitting. Probably 4-8, most likely customer service. I know Patrick Probst is in the UK, and is the CS manager and lead moderator. He also handled the Sandi email poorly (probably forced to). I would expect him to be mutilated by Sandi and Chris. Thus the search for CS and moderators.

I am really curious if Sandi is the one still hiring people. I doubt competent folks are allowed, especially those that “Work well in a cooperative team environment”, but have the slightest audacity to question the leading authority of Chris Roberts. Who has been out of the game industry since June 2000.

It’s really funny. All of the “leavers” (thanks Ben) free up money, but without actual employees that can do things, they can’t release a product that fulfills the bare minimum legal and advertised requirements. Normally, thats a big mistake. At CIG though, especially under Sandi’s qualified eyes, and is “the most formally educated person in this whole company”, it’s not an issue.

Sandi will be able to find and interview the right folks to finish this ponzi-project, no problem. It’s all in the double P’s. PAAAARRRRRP.

J HOW
              Participant

Not entirely sure what to think about it.  This means that they have very few people on the server side which is particularly bad,  also if the open jobs are anything to go by; looking at the job roles they are half way through a re-architecture without staff in place and at a guess – don’t have documentation to go by to continue with new staff,  hence getting an architect in at such as a late stage.  This paints a much grimmer picture of the current state of affairs than what has been released.  This means they have to potentially restart the architecture process all over again.

Normally you would have so many candidates for those specially skilled job roles but no one wants them.  Not just because of salary (£15k / year for that role is a complete joke – around $21k) but I’m guessing because of other reasons.  I can understand that role at £25k / year minimum with no prior experience – around $35k minimum but certainly not anything less than £22k / year or $31k.

If this is anything to go by you’re more than likely correct, more than 1-2 people have left the company.  My gut feeling is a group of staff – possibly on the same team have walked out and left suddenly,  they have researched similar roles online and most likely read this thread to repopulate their current staff R&Rs with what they want.

The fact HR are looking through a list of candidates who previously applied for positions ages ago smells of desperation, but without the funding to go with those roles they will prove very difficult to fill.  That is not directed at CIG either, a very common saying ‘pay peanuts, get monkeys’.

MDrake SC
                Participant

Fresh stuff. Our goon leak says in 3 posts,

On another note entirely look out for a high profile art resignation in the not too distant future.

Sandi has a far more complex and darker history than has been talked of. She is independantly wealthy and from a rich and privalleged background.
                  To expand on this however is to enter creepy land.

The stuff I’m referring to is smack bang in the middle of creepy central. So lips are sealed…….. Until everyone is safely locked up

Derek replies to the middle post with,

No it’s not creepy at all. It’s in my blogs. I already mentioned that prior to Star Citizen, Chris they were broke. Aside from that, my sources tell me that some of the initial seed funding (2011) prior to Star Citizen came from her (or her family; this part isn’t clear). And possibly that’s how/why they were able to pay themselves from initial crowd-funding. That’s the sort of thing you can only get evidence of from a lawsuit.

It’s a fun Sunday morning. Of course, the other goons continue with their trash posts.

J HOW
                  Participant

Further to this; the roles in the UK also come with an NDA which seems rather fitting.  Not seen this NDA yet but I will share if I get eyes on, don’t remember this being a requirement before for technical roles in the UK.  What irks me is that I have NOT reapplied for ANY position yet they must of kept me on file for >6 months to then contact references and then try to ‘vet’ me.

Still struggling to understand whys behind what they are currently doing with recruitment.  If the roles are mandated per cost or resource then paying below average will not get great people into the roles.  Contacting those that failed recruitment earlier also strikes me as very odd, although I do have theories – I don’t have enough to offer an adequate explanation.  Technically they SHOULD be offering a lot more money in the UK,  can’t speak for the US roles which I heard they are paying more than average for – can you confirm Derek or anyone else?

Not sure if it’s just me but do other people get the impression they are clutching at straws?  Changing architecture, changing staff at this late stage, changing structure, adapting their roles based upon criticism seems REALLY off.  As a wise man once said don’t attribute malice which can be explained through incompetence.

Viewing 8 posts - 273 through 280 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.