Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Forums Main Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Kristoffer S
    Participant

I would have let that slide since you know alot more about this than me, if it wasn’t for the last comment 🙂 Because I did read that article when you linked it on twitter and it says “The company, and Chris Roberts, are almost certainly public figures, or at least limited-purpose public figures in the gaming world. That means they’d have to prove actual malice to win a defamation case.” which is kinda what I wrote, wasn’t it? That since the Escapist wrote it about public figures the burden is on CIG to prove escapist knew what they wrote wasn’t correct? Or is my english bad again?

Michael van Hulst
      Participant

Also, I gave them a final chance because, well i) I do NOT want to see this project fail ii) lawsuits are NOT fun iii) since this month is the expiration of the TOS, it is only fair to see if they are now willing to comply with such reasonable and fair requests.

Fair enough I can only respect that or better said I respect what you try to do for the gaming community.
        Especial for the indie developers, it will be a sad day if even they have no real opportunity to develop a “dream”.
        Crowdfunding is a good platform for that.
        All I hope for that even if this goes to court, that in the end crowdfunding entities also take action.
        And forces that kickstarters should show how peoples money are spend.

Anchorite .
        Participant

Amir,

I’d love it if you could provide the link to that GIF again. I found it hysterical, and wanted to share it with friends.

Thanks

MDrake SC
          Participant

Kristoffer S: Just to get the fact straight?

CIG has totally ignored my ticket for 3 weeks and I’m a Grand Admiral. You do not value your $1,000 like I do my $2,500. I expect a product and not a dream. Chris Roberts repeatedly used dates, and missed every single one of them. That is on him. If he never put a date on the project or refund policy in the Terms of Services 1.0, I would have never backed.

CIG is ignoring the Terms of Services 1.0 that I agreed to. Don’t remember when I last actually logged into Arena Commander on my own account or PC. I have no interest downloading a minimum of 24 GB every 2-3 patches.

The last Steam Summer Sale I bought Strike Suit Infinity for $1.97 and played 45 min. Submitted a refund ticket on help.steampowered.com later in Sept and got my $1.97 back to my steam wallet in 8 days.

Steam may be slow as hell, but they actually do refund. CIG is ignoring large customers and even raises eyes when some refunds are sent from Twin Bros. GmbH, Ortwin’s company. If you don’t find that fishy and suspicious, you are not someone I can take seriously.

Kristoffer S
            Participant

I apologise if my comment sounded condescending or offended you, that really wasn’t my intention at all!
              I was merely pointing out that CIG has pretty much the same refund policy as Steam officially has – NOW! But that’s only for new backers, not for us OB. And unfortunately it’s the OB’s that are feeling most let down at the moment. I do hope you get your refund, no one should be a backer if they don’t want to!

dsmart
              Keymaster

Indeed. And the effects of this are already being felt. Several space combat games have failed to fund.

Everspace, which is led by space combat veterans, funded recently

Into The Stars barely funded.

Lord Of Rigel didn’t make it

Infinity Battlescape is struggling and probably won’t make it because it needs an average of 5K more backers to raise $70K within the next 14 days.

Here is a list of all Kickstarter space combat games (some are pure crap) that have failed to fund since 2012.

dsmart
                Keymaster

@Anchorite Your post was deleted. While you have not been banned, I invite you to edit your post (assuming you have it stored) to remove any/all personal attacks, statements which are veiled personal attacks etc and keep it strictly about the discussions within the blog. Anything else, you can go post on Reddit where it belongs.

Thanks for understanding.

ps: If you want to see what respectful disagreement and discourse looks like, take a look at Kristoffer’s posts or the many posts in the older blog comments.

dsmart
                  Keymaster

@Michael Exactly!

It’s clear that those toxic members of the community think they’re doing the right thing by defending him, the game etc. That’s all well and good. But people who are horrible by nature, will do horrible things without prompting. Getting them to do the right thing, is always harder.

And he has to know just how bad it is. He takes time to do all those 10FC shoots, writing updates, taking time to slam myself, The Escapist etc. So he can very well take the time to post his disapproval of what these morons are doing. But he won’t. And neither will Sandi, Ben, Lando et al because these morons do (by attacking me, dissenters etc) for them what THEY can’t do themselves. So they are OK with it.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 185 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.