Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Forums Main Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Viewing 8 posts - 49 through 56 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

@Kristoffer

I would have let that slide since you know alot more about this than me, if it wasn’t for the last comment 🙂 Because I did read that article when you linked it on twitter and it says “The company, and Chris Roberts, are almost certainly public figures, or at least limited-purpose public figures in the gaming world. That means they’d have to prove actual malice to win a defamation case.” which is kinda what I wrote, wasn’t it? That since the Escapist wrote it about public figures the burden is on CIG to prove escapist knew what they wrote wasn’t correct? Or is my english bad again?

LOL!! OK fine, I get it now. And you win that one 🙂

MDrake SC
      Participant

Kristoffer S:

Your first 3 sentences were perfectly neutral.
        It was your final sentence followed by the emote face that really implied a smug or condescending voice.

My advice to you is to avoid using emotes when being serious.
        I accept your apology and have no problems with you or your opinions.

Anchorite .
        Participant

@dsmart,

Thank you for your reply, and taking the time to read my post. I am sorry if you found parts of it to be offensive, as that was not my intent. I will opt not to re-post it here or elsewhere, and will instead step back and resume being merely an observer of the situation.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Thanks again.

pa pa
          Participant

I just want to point out a refund policy means jack until a finished product is delivered.

MDrake SC
            Participant

Hey Derek,

Do you know of anyone willing to let you crop and post a refund image with the Twin Bros GmbH and whatever other small details in it?

It would help out convincing backers and outsiders that something is very very wrong at CIG. I got some folks to read your blog and all they want is the Twin Bros GmbH pieces to really help make up their minds.

One by one people are waking up.

Amir Jonis
              Participant

Hey, my Twitter is @AmirJonis. Thanks Derek!

Here it is again, lmao 😀

i.imgur.com/pOubzw4.gifv

Amir Jonis
                Participant

Hey Anchorite!

Here you go 😀

i.imgur.com/pOubzw4.gifv

Derrick Avila
                  Participant

hello Mr Smart,

ive been following this whole thing ever since i somehow caught wind of it while surfing the web on break while working. i find it all to be very interesting and at the same time quite disturbing. the past few years ive been following star citizen on and off during its development ever since i saw a video of it on gametrailers.com back somewhere in 2011 or 2012. i cant remember, its been a long time. the kickstarter era of this game had ended and so they moved on to start collecting backer money through their website. it was at this time before i think the game had even raised 20 million that i threw down 60 (and later on another 15) to get my origin jumpworks ship. several months later they let us throw in money for the exploration racing or the military spec one. so i threw in for the 325A.

i was being told i was “being taken for a ride”, but i blew that off figuring that the game would begin to see a ramp up in development progress. we had the dog fight module out already, surely a beta couldnt be far off for at least several months to a year right? this was in 2013 i believe. well, its 2015 now and all we have now is still the lousy dog fight module and a single map of a race mode. that whole chat lobby thing i could care less about, that isnt GAMEPLAY. so as time went on i saw those crowd funding dollars pile up to the sky. we’re at 94 million and i am still just wondering when the fuck will i get to fly my 300i around space looking for trouble to stir up or find cool things to see. this game has been in pre-alpha now for how long? this brings me to my next worry should this project go belly up like you say…that is:

this game will scar the crowd funding PC gaming scene for many many years. people will say “oh its not gonna do much damage, it’ll be yesterday’s news”. well i hate to say it but this game has piled up so much money, made so many promises, has stirred the pot in independent game development without publisher assistance, that its gonna be the next R101. you know, that giant zeppelin the british made all those years ago? the one that crashed in france that was a tragic and horrifying incident of legendary proportions? thats gonna be star citizen if this game isnt delivered with all those juicy features bragged about AT LAUNCH. thats what all these backers are expecting even if they say otherwise. its all just crazy knowing there are people who have dumped several thousand into this game, even crazier people have dumped enough money to put a down payment on a really nice home and property as well! so when they get a shell of a game, thats probably gonna be barely worth $20 that they have paid so much for…what then?

my concern now at this point in time is what is it going to do to smaller indie devs and the crowd funding scene in general? i saw a post above that its already making waves. but when it crashes to the ground its gonna do really really big damage. damage that for years when people see another up and coming rising star of a game, people who are skeptical will say “well shit, here comes another star citizen incident. hopefully this one actually makes it past launch and stays with a player base beyond 1 month”. i am one of those gamers who is tired of the AAA gaming scene. we pay good money for incomplete or trashy games with many issues (like batman arkham knight on PC). they have all these huge budgets and we wind up throwing the game into the bargain bin shortly after (except witcher 3, that one is actually worth every dollar imo). indie games are there to give us things that we want outside your usual tentpoles. star citizen is gonna crash right on top of that because of arrogance, misallocation of backer dollars, and just plain fucking up. thanks for reading, i know ive repeated alot of what you already know but thats just how i feel about this whole mess. i think star citizen will come out, but we’re getting a frame with 1 seat, a steering wheel, junkyard tires, and not even a windshield or an engine. just push it down the hill and hope its steep enough.for 94 million dollars.

Viewing 8 posts - 49 through 56 (of 185 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.