Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Main Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

• Creator
    Topic

dsmart
    Keymaster

My new blog is going live in the AM. It was finished but at the last minute, something came up that legal needed me to source.Once you read it, you’ll see why.

By the time I got around to doing that, it was already late and I was busy with other things.

The blog will go live at this link tomorrow morning at 10AM EST

Viewing 8 replies - 137 through 144 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Amir Jonis
    Participant

Hey Anchorite!

Here you go 😀

i.imgur.com/pOubzw4.gifv

MDrake SC
    Participant

Hey Derek,

Do you know of anyone willing to let you crop and post a refund image with the Twin Bros GmbH and whatever other small details in it?

It would help out convincing backers and outsiders that something is very very wrong at CIG. I got some folks to read your blog and all they want is the Twin Bros GmbH pieces to really help make up their minds.

One by one people are waking up.

pa pa
    Participant

I just want to point out a refund policy means jack until a finished product is delivered.

Anchorite .
    Participant

@dsmart,

Thank you for your reply, and taking the time to read my post. I am sorry if you found parts of it to be offensive, as that was not my intent. I will opt not to re-post it here or elsewhere, and will instead step back and resume being merely an observer of the situation.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Thanks again.

MDrake SC
    Participant

Kristoffer S:

Your first 3 sentences were perfectly neutral.
    It was your final sentence followed by the emote face that really implied a smug or condescending voice.

My advice to you is to avoid using emotes when being serious.
    I accept your apology and have no problems with you or your opinions.

dsmart
    Keymaster

@Kristoffer

I would have let that slide since you know alot more about this than me, if it wasn’t for the last comment 🙂 Because I did read that article when you linked it on twitter and it says “The company, and Chris Roberts, are almost certainly public figures, or at least limited-purpose public figures in the gaming world. That means they’d have to prove actual malice to win a defamation case.” which is kinda what I wrote, wasn’t it? That since the Escapist wrote it about public figures the burden is on CIG to prove escapist knew what they wrote wasn’t correct? Or is my english bad again?

LOL!! OK fine, I get it now. And you win that one 🙂

dsmart
    Keymaster

@michael Exactly!

It’s clear that those toxic members of the community think they’re doing the right thing by defending him, the game etc. That’s all well and good. But people who are horrible by nature, will do horrible things without prompting. Getting them to do the right thing, is always harder.

And he has to know just how bad it is. He takes time to do all those 10FC shoots, writing updates, taking time to slam myself, The Escapist etc. So he can very well take the time to post his disapproval of what these morons are doing. But he won’t. And neither will Sandi, Ben, Lando et al because these morons do (by attacking me, dissenters etc) for them what THEY can’t do themselves. So they are OK with it.

Michael van Hulst
    Participant

Also, I gave them a final chance because, well i) I do NOT want to see this project fail ii) lawsuits are NOT fun iii) since this month is the expiration of the TOS, it is only fair to see if they are now willing to comply with such reasonable and fair requests.

Fair enough I can only respect that or better said I respect what you try to do for the gaming community.
    Especial for the indie developers, it will be a sad day if even they have no real opportunity to develop a “dream”.
    Crowdfunding is a good platform for that.
    All I hope for that even if this goes to court, that in the end crowdfunding entities also take action.
    And forces that kickstarters should show how peoples money are spend.

Viewing 8 replies - 137 through 144 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.