Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Forums Main Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Viewing 8 posts - 137 through 144 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

@DS

I would think for most people to hear of a “fan” who says they don’t want a project like this to fail, also to put so much energy into trying to prove wrongdoing, well they’d be call hypocrite, liar, hater, the list goes on and gets much uglier. Is your entire life devoted to sitting on your computer blogging about CIG and sending your “team” on which hunts? I hope it’s not, but it sure looks like you have ulterior motives. It’s almost hilarious that anyone would even believe you want SC to succeed. It’s hard to see it any other way with the comments you make. Please understand, I don’t have any vested interest in CR himself, I just want this sim to make it.

Joe McClintok
      Participant

I’m still confused as to why so many sites would list 2011 as the actual founding of Cloud Imperium.

Wiki Page

Gamapedia Link

GiantBomb Link

SteamGroup Link

It could be they got their information from the same source and the 2011 was just copied over and over all over the net but even when you google the words “Cloud Imperium founded” you get 2011 as the top two boxes straight from google and the big one is not a link. Try it and see for yourself.

Soren
        Participant

@Michael: I have been confused from time to time as well. What make sense for me is that there are 2 Derek Smarts 🙂
          One is (still) the Internet Warlord who has an ego and will seek victory through any means nescessary.
          The other is a veteran and passionate indie developer that wants to protect the indie business and reputation.

The passionate indie developer does not want the game to fail, but also want CIG to adhere to the rules that governs the indie business. This guy is the real deal that spend 6 digits $ amounts making sure CIG follow the law and want to protect as many investors and employess as possible.

The internet warlord digs up anything he can and runs an internet blog where he needs to produce a constant stream of news for his followers. The warlord always sees the information he gets as ammunition to prove the game is doomed and will ignore alternate interpretations or uncertainties. The warlord will also “group up” with anybody (with less noble intentions) to further his cause.

dsmart
          Keymaster

@michael I don’t care what people think. I never did. I am not responsible for people’s feelings.

Just because I feel the need to stand up for something that I deem to be in the interest of gaming proper, doesn’t mean that I have to prove my motives.

Fact is, I backed the project from day one. Then they screwed up. Here we are.

Basically, I have as much right to say and write what I want, as you and others who also reserve the right to White Knight the project.

And the simple fact that most people keep conveniently ignoring is that they made it personal. That’s things went sideways.

At the end of the day, I know that I will be proven right. It’s only a matter of time.

dsmart
            Keymaster

@Joe There’s nothing confusing about it. That’s when the project started.

Anonymous

Derek,
                Out of pure curiosity, what were your intentions when you tried to contact CR about SC being “in trouble”. Was it to possibly lend support? It almost seemed that it was by the way you worded it below.

I got in touch with Chris to try and get some more details from him. He ignored both of my inquiries on LinkedIn and Facebook.

So I continued with my research and subsequently published that first blog, Interstellar Citizens.

Anonymous

Derek,

Another curious question, would you actually ever want to work on Star Citizen? If so, what capacities would interest you?

johnny canada
                  Participant

I think it is important to remember that one man is not going to take the project down by writing a blog, if the project fails, then the project was doomed already. This means that it is wrong to be angry at D Smart for pointing out concerns.

Viewing 8 posts - 137 through 144 (of 185 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.