Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Forums Main Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Viewing 8 posts - 129 through 136 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Quasi
    Participant

Another video on the Star Citizen drama. Sadly it doesn’t add anything new to the discussion, it’s mostly just a brief review of “where we are now”.

https://youtu.be/SpyUYDdgxoQ

Note: He does make a mistake when he said Elite Dangerous is ripping off Wing Commander’s gameplay. The original Elite came out about 4 years prior to WC. And seriously, how many times do I have to read/hear people say “Derek Smart is a massive piece of shit, but I agree with everything he has said.”? Damn Derek, do you wake up every morning and piss in the mixing machine at the Corn Flakes factory or something?

dsmart
      Keymaster

@hyco Yeah, it will be truly hilarious to watch if they blame me for the inevitable collapse.

dsmart
        Keymaster

@anthony Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. And yeah, that Gizmondo thing threw me for a loop. But that’s the sort of thing that happens when you go digging.

As I’ve said before (in my blogs), I will say it again, I too do not believe that Chris and co set out to cheat or scam anyone. But the fact is that, nobody how you look at it, there is lots of evidence to support improper conduct, spending etc. But it’s up to the authorities to determine whether or not any wrong doing does in fact exist.

All I know is that they made a promise, have failed to keep it. And thus far, they have reneged on the most important accountability aspect that they promised backers. That being, to provide refunds and accounting for the project if they failed to deliver within one year of the estimated delivery date. And thus far, they have failed to address it.

dsmart
          Keymaster

I hope you’re sitting down, not eating or drinking anything when you watch this.

sezmra
            Participant

Whoa, didn’t expect to see one of my former friends(Wulf Knight) from the early 00s being an insatiable “white knight” of hinky vaporware developers.

That blew my mind and made me kind of sad.

*WOOSH*

george r
              Participant

The main points are that they missed their own targets, and they’re using public money to develop this game. Of major concern is their continued selling of non-modelled ships to continue funding an operation that has very little to show for it, while constantly missing their own targets. You have more than a dozen ship models that need by Derek’s estimation $40k to model that isn’t done, on top of a game that isn’t functional. A game that has under constant development by over 300 people, some of whom are vets in the industry, and is still in alpha after 4 years raises red flags.

Add on the allegations that donation money is being used for private reasons and not for the game and now people have the right to get answers. If CR put his own money into this project and didn’t accept a penny of donations then he can do what he wants, and private investors can sue him for any breach of contract. There is an accountability issues here besides the game itself not being finished.

Joe McClintok
                Participant

Derek,

Can you shed any light as to why there are conflicting sources to the year Cloud Imperium was founded? I see on their website they list 2012 but interviews and other sources say 2011. I believe they are hiding the actual date to mask that they have been developing the game for longer than they admit.

dsmart
                  Keymaster

@Joe it’s pretty straightforward actually. During the 2012 KS campaign, Chris went on the record as saying that the game was one year in development prior to the Oct 2012 Kickstarter. In fact, the campaign started on their own website first. Then moved to KS, then continued on the new website after the KS funding concluded in Nov 2012.

Viewing 8 posts - 129 through 136 (of 185 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.