Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Forums Main Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Viewing 8 posts - 25 through 32 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    MDrake SC
    Participant

Some Dude: Personally, I think Chris Roberts and Ben Lesnick talk a lot of shit. They are well known for saying LTI is not significant and bringing LTI back over and over.

I don’t see how Chris Roberts can act like a badass game developer when his last game Freelancer was a failure for Microsoft.

Arena Commander is a half assed buggy piece of shit. It is even more shit thanks to interactive mode.

I want my refund, and CIG is not giving it.

Did you know? Steam offers refunds “if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.” Steam is a lot nicer than CIG is. They also have qualified employees handling customer support.

If you are 1 of the 100 that review bombed Derek’s game, and then got a full refund, that really just makes you a hypocrite.

Edit: It looks like the post I replied to is gone. I was having fun.

MDrake SC
      Participant

The mug owner OP doesn’t seem like a bad person.

GrudonFactory states “To all the people downvoting: Yes I know that ain’t a major problem, but it is one. And only because it is something negative regarding the game (more ore less, let’s call it “brand”) you shouldn’t instantly downvote it. If the criticism isn’t stupid bashing, but justified, we should face the problem and find a solution for it. We have done this in the past with ingame-mechanics and brought up ideas, which is something great! But if we keep on downvoting everything that isn’t positive about the game we will be called “fanboys” more and more often – this is not what we attend. OP out. ”

If only there were more reasonable people. Alas games, forums and reddit are shelters for antisocial misfits.

On the other hand I don’t know what to describe Sandi as. Queen bee? Idris lady? False Vice President of Marketing?
        I have difficulty respecting someone who lies about their college education, especially on this scale.

It shows in her merch.

dsmart
        Keymaster

Sorry about that. Some people just don’t get that you simply can’t walk into someone’s living room, and piss on the floor. So he’s blocked and gone.

Zyll Goliath
          Participant

Hi guys check-out this Citizen Circus funny SC video which is collection of many other funny SC videos in one place,enjoy……

MDrake SC
            Participant

“It has some limited joystick support but who wants to control a spaceship with a joystick anyway.”

Hey hey hey Chris Roberts is so awesome, he asked Saitek to put track balls on their joystick.

We should be dropping more cash so that he can make these track balls extra smooth and durable since Saitek products are not high quality on a standard basis. If people want to fund dreams, they can fund unique joysticks that are perfectly tailored to Star Citizen’s “can be played by absolutely everyone” gameplay.

In order for Star Citizen to be a slamdunk success, we must all contribute our kids’ college funds, our disability benefits, and our life savings to make the Best Damn Space Sim Ever. Don’t forget the cookie jar stash.

Eventually, the track ball will ascend into a mouse and become the one pure device, and bring true enlightenment to all JPEG worshippers.
              All hail Chris. All hail Chris. May your endeavor be our vanguard against all competing sims. Sandi watch over us. J-PEG!

Kristoffer S
              Participant

Hey Derek,
                Since you go through everything everytime you make a blog post I might as well remind you of where I’m coming from: I’m a backer of the project over $1000 in. And I fully realise it’s a dream and hope to maybe see a game sometime around 2020 if they are alive by then. I also proud myself in trying to be objective and sticking to the facts. You know this since I have repeatedly pointed out factual errors and things that are “grey” in your arguments and was annoyed when you missused the two words “public money” (and to be fair, you’ve stopped doing that which shows you actually do listen and change accordingly which I hoped more people on the internet would do!). But still I agree with some of your points. Their continued “changes” to milk us backers for more money and changing terms as they go along is a real kick in the crotch.

Also, awesome to get a proper forum for these long threads!

So here goes
                1 : I’m Swedish. So I was very much looking forward to you stepping in the pile of shit which is the “Uppsala maffia”. Not because I enjoy seeing people stepping in shit but I was looking forward to seeing how much research you’d do and apparently not alot. Either that or you intentionally got it wrong. “Uppsala maffia” isn’t a thing, it doesn’t exist. It was one of our worst tabloids that created the label because they needed a container to put these criminals in and since they couldn’t connect them to an actual criminal organization they made one up. So “Uppsala maffia” should always be used in quotations since it’s a made up alias. Also “Fat Steve” may sound cool in english, but the untranslated Swedish alias (“Tjock Steffe”) is very, very far from a cool gangster name.
                This doesn’t do much to discredit the, to be honest, thin link of CIG and the criminals involved in Gizmondo, but since “Fat Steve” have been either in prison or court since 2005 it’s a far reach connecting him to this project. It’s easier to connect CIG to Lego!

2 : “It is a known fact that the Star Citizen community is one of the most toxic gaming community in recent memory”. Quite simply no. You and I have both been around long enough to know that’s not the case! There are plenty that are worse than the SC community. I agree that it’s very polarized though. If you come in there with a negative attitude people will jump at you, most certainly. But if you come in there asking “what’s up” people are helpful. Or just check this https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/294270/why-is-so-much-withheld-from-us/ thread that I thought was going to be nuclear but actually got a discussion going.

3 : Is it Sandi Roberts or Sandra Gardiner, even you get the name confused. What is her actual name, surely you must have that by now 🙂

4 : “This scandal” (https://citizengate2014.wordpress.com/) Really? Referencing that site is quite nonsensical. It’s an anonymous blog hosted by Automaticc with 3 posts last year making alot of claims about an individual but proving nothing. (I so hope for your sake you’re not behind it to be honest, but that’d come up during “discovery” I guess). Links to somewhat established newssites is ok, but this is just something someone with an anger towards Wulf Knight put together in an afternoon, nothing more. It’s not a scandal or even “gate”. I’d go as far as to say it’s pathetic, but that’s just my opinion. I can’t defend Wulf Knight though because I really don’t know the guy at all but he doesn’t appear to be the most sane person on the planet. Anyone could put up a “Derek Smart is into some shady things” WordPress blog and make alot of claims and hide behind their anonymity wall and then try to use it as “source” the way you are using that site.

5 : “community headed by Chris Roberts” – no Derek, just no! You can’t keep attributing what the community and White Knights are doing and holding CIG or Chris Roberts responsible for it! You can’t merge them into one evil corner of the internet and say they are one entity.

6 : “Last we heard, the monthly burn rate was over $3m per month.” Source? It may be accurate, I have no clue, but I’m not accepting that as stated fact without source.

7 : Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Frontier Development a publicly traded company? So they HAVE to publish their financials? And neither CIG nor Foundry 42 is, so they don’t? (other than their taxes)

8 : “Over at Foundry 42, Simon Elms (..) is said to be the CFO.”. That’s quite easy to check up: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/officers. No Simon Elms. Yet you then write “Simon Elms, now the CFO of Foundry 42” as a fact?

9 : You say that Disco Lando and Ben Lesnick are at the bottom of the food chain, and that Sandi is at the top. Yet they work, literally, side by side. Not just on screen but their offices are next to each other. Not sure you can have it both ways on that one 🙂

10 : “uncovered by The Escapist.” Did I miss followup article? Escapise didn’t “uncover” anything, they published alot of claims. You uncover “proof”, but they made claims. If they could prove that Sandi said “we don’t hire old or black people” than they should have published that, but they simply claimed she had.

11 : FYI some of my $1000 are physical merchanise like t-shirts and hoodies, they have all been delivered and ok quality, so they are atleast delivering that.

Other than that – good write up 🙂

dsmart
                Keymaster

Seriously, Chris really thinks that people play flight games with a track ball. That is all.

Kristoffer S
                  Participant

Just a reply regarding Steam refund – CIG has a two weeks no questions asked refund policy. Even if you backed during Kickstarter they will consider refunds. So they aren’t “worse” than Steam in that regard. Just to get that fact straight 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 25 through 32 (of 185 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.