Forum Replies Created
November 4, 2015 at 9:45 am in reply to: Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates #1556
LOL!!! I have to admit, you had me going for a minute. Well done. 🙂November 4, 2015 at 8:10 am in reply to: Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates #1544
The blog is now live without a password.November 2, 2015 at 6:19 pm in reply to: Star Citizen – Terms Of Service #1496
Thanks. We’re still trying to figure out why buying from a game company, ends up being refunded by another media company (owned by Ortwin, one of the co-founders) that has nothing to do with the project.November 2, 2015 at 6:15 pm in reply to: Star Citizen – Terms Of Service #1495
Yeah, they are completely backlogged. I’ve heard from people who are only just getting their refunds now, after over a month.
The sad thing is that they made another $4m in Nov from mostly whales. And funding is down in 2015 year on year. So that money is really just operating expenses for about a month or so. With the anniversary sales coming up, we’ll have to wait and see how it plays out in the long term but 2016 is going to be the make or break year.November 2, 2015 at 6:03 pm in reply to: Star Citizen – The End Game #1493
Yeah, those were the glory days. Back when you actually had to read a manual to play a game the way it was meant to be played 🙂
btw, Universal Combat CE, the spiritual successor to Battlecruiser 3000AD is currently free on Steam.November 2, 2015 at 5:59 pm in reply to: Star Citizen – The End Game #1492
Remember what I said at the end of Aug 2015?
Well that’s precisely what is playing out atm.
- I don’t believe that there will be [b]anything[/b] tangible in the upcoming AC 2.0. And by the time the dust settles, everyone will be wondering why it’s not AC 1.47 (or whatever)
- I believe that they will try to get that 2.0 build out in the PTU in time for the anniversary sale on or before 11/26.
- That 2.0 build won’t i) have fps (aka Star Marine) in it ii) have anything “persistent” about it iii) have [b]anything[/b] previously promised (see below) in it
- Probably won’t support any new ships. And if it does, there will be maybe one multi-crew ship (still trying to find out which one is the likely candidate)
And whatever they release as 2.0 is purely designed as more smoke and mirrors to show “progress”. So it will be a buggy mess in PTU until well into 2016. Lest you forget, AC is still a buggy mess. And whatever it is they currently have in the PTU is best not even discussed. Remember, they still can’t even get buggies to work right.
Going into 2016, we’ll be dealing with v2.0x builds; all of which will remain in the same buggy state that the current v1.xx builds are in.
[b]Four years. $94m+. 500+ people. Still talking pre-Alpha. And no game in sight[/b]
2016 is the mad rush to get a scaled down version of EP1 of SQ42 out. Depending on how much they want to cut, it probably won’t happen. Which is why they are currently hiring more people at Foundry 42 because all bets are now being placed on SQ42.
Then I hear today that, amid all this, Roberts is still doing mocap shoots. Seriously.November 1, 2015 at 3:12 pm in reply to: Star Citizen – Terms Of Service #1485
November is going to be a very interesting month. Aside from the fact that it’s apparently the anniversary of the project.
We don’t have any reason to believe that they will be comply, let alone compromise outside of legal action. If that were ever in the cards, we wouldn’t be here having this discussion three months later.
If you looked at the sequence of events since July, starting from how they singled me out, handled my refund, their responses to our legal letters, their baseless legal threats at The Escapist, Chris’s diatribe etc, you see ego and wanton incompetence at play.
Notwithstanding the fact that Chris foolishly believes that this is me i) not liking him, as per some perceived made-up ship from over two decades ago ii) wanting to kill the project our of jealousy (this ones hilarious)
Only a complete idiot would even think that ONE MAN (me) is capable of killing a $90m project. But they want a villain and someone to blame, regardless of how things play out.
Chris and co have routinely LIED to BACKERS since DAY ONE. That is a matter of FACT and not hyperbole. And there is no reason to believe that this will change.
So no, I don’t believe that there will be any acceptable resolution outside of legal action that’s already been underway since Aug.
Key components of any such resolution revolve around the three demands, which haven’t changed.
1) Complete financial accounting for this project.
2) A firm and fixed delivery date for this project.
3) No questions asked refunds to those who request it. NOTE: Even though they have been doing refunds, we have emails from people showing that they are asking people whether they want a refund because of something that Derek Smart wrote or an article by The Escapist.November 1, 2015 at 1:15 pm in reply to: Star Citizen – The End Game #1478
Yes, a new blog is being posted on Tues, Nov 3rd in the AM (EST)