Star Citizen – The End Game

Forums Main Star Citizen – The End Game

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

This topic discusses Star Citizen – The End Game blog post.

3000AD DevTeam
      Participant

This is a test. It looks like it works!

Anonymous

It does seem to work! 🙂

By the way, are you planning to write a new blog post about the massive layoffs and the “restructuring” and shutting down of the Austin studio?

Thanks!

Ivan Illich
          Participant

pretty quiet in here. 🙂

dsmart
            Keymaster

It’s quiet because we only just installed it; having disabled forum commenting due to issues with the previous plugin we were using which crapped out and caused 505 errors when the latest blog got 700+ comments.

dsmart
              Keymaster

Yes, a new blog is being posted on Tues, Nov 3rd in the AM (EST)

Percopius Maximus
                Participant

So…

I await the next post, good luck in your endeavor sir. I started game development in 1990 so been at it awhile. Heck, I can remember the BC300AD cover on Computer Gaming World (is that right?) With an article with some screen shots. Wet my pants. Neural networked AI and a living world, and giant starship with ALL the nessary systems. Fghters, ATVs, crew, prisoners escaping, etc… And the tactical engine, the map where you could order starships and fighter then zoom into the surface of planet. That was crazy stuff so far back. You have my respect, played them all, always wished I could make something with no comprises and simultaneously not be full of shit (and not rip people off) Good show sir, And thank you for what you are doing. It’s a clarifying moment in gaming history for sure.

P.

MDrake SC
                  Participant

This end game will be long and drawn out. Patience is a virtue, but with crazy amounts of public money at risk, the customers are still on the losing end.

I hope the next blog hits like a jackhammer. Seems it will be a very long time before the Escapist and Defy make a move.

On a tiny note, MaxLexandre is the white knight of the ED forum thread, and does not consider the loss of Dan Tracy as important. “Oh i heard about him, but he wasn’t any Lead Engine coder” and “It certainly means something, yes.”

These people don’t want SC to fail, yet completely lack the critical thinking that it takes months to get new technical designers up to speed and that burns up funds.

Scratch that. Crucible sale coming soon. If not that, the anniversary sale. All funding issues are “solved.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 15 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – The End Game’ is closed to new replies.