Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Main Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

• Creator
    Topic

dsmart
    Keymaster

My new blog is going live in the AM. It was finished but at the last minute, something came up that legal needed me to source.Once you read it, you’ll see why.

By the time I got around to doing that, it was already late and I was busy with other things.

The blog will go live at this link tomorrow morning at 10AM EST

Viewing 8 replies - 9 through 16 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Replies

dsmart
    Keymaster

@michael: No, it was to discuss with him my findings, what I had been told etc and get an official response from him so that I could include his perspective in the blog without it being one-sided.

Nowhere did you see me say anything about lending support. What I said – and which you quoted – was pretty clear on the motives. So I don’t even know why you’re asking.

dsmart
    Keymaster

Indeed. And the effects of this are already being felt. Several space combat games have failed to fund.

Everspace, which is led by space combat veterans, funded recently

Into The Stars barely funded.

Lord Of Rigel didn’t make it

Infinity Battlescape is struggling and probably won’t make it because it needs an average of 5K more backers to raise $70K within the next 14 days.

Here is a list of all Kickstarter space combat games (some are pure crap) that have failed to fund since 2012.

dsmart
    Keymaster

@anchorite Your post was deleted. While you have not been banned, I invite you to edit your post (assuming you have it stored) to remove any/all personal attacks, statements which are veiled personal attacks etc and keep it strictly about the discussions within the blog. Anything else, you can go post on Reddit where it belongs.

Thanks for understanding.

ps: If you want to see what respectful disagreement and discourse looks like, take a look at Kristoffer’s posts or the many posts in the older blog comments.

dsmart
    Keymaster

@michael No, I already stated clearly that I have NO such interest in the project.

ps: you have been banned for making personal attacks here

dsmart
    Keymaster

They made quite a bit of money in Oct/Nov due to CitizenCon and the anniversary sales. So that should last at least two months. Regardless, 2016 is the definitive year. And since they’re already tapped out on what they can raise money on, the next target seems to be SQ42.

xionicshockwave
    Participant

Actually after reading this you bring up some great points.

I think there has been some dirt slinging on both sides of this situation, so it will be interesting to see what happens come January 6th if they do run out of money.

xionicshockwave
    Participant

@Big Lir

Can you maybe give a little more details about your refund?

I am considering getting one myself and interested in hearing any pitfalls you may have had?

george r
    Participant

Star Citizen anniversary sale today. Now we see if they raise enough to continue to summer.

Viewing 8 replies - 9 through 16 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.