Star Citizen – Year Four

Forums Main Star Citizen – Year Four

Viewing 8 posts - 73 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    MDrake SC
    Participant

@ lir big

Thanks for checking up on me. But nope. I’m screwed.

No one is assigned to my ticket. Not surprised since I am $2,500 and CIG has no money to spare. I get all the generic “refund request in our queue” or “you have not been forgotten” messages from various CS folks. The gray market is crashing and it’s no surprise. Derek is living up to his promises which is a lot better than Crash Roberts. Lawsuits are slow, a process and all I can do is wait.

At least I can sit by and watch Ben trip up. Good show there folks.

MDrake SC
      Participant

You can’t fix stupid.

But I think we are way past stupid. The english language needs new words to describe these folks.

dsmart
        Keymaster

I don’t believe anything they say. I think it was deliberate because the awards gave them a platform to reach more people. So they took the opportunity to do it.

Note that they didn’t show any such reel at CitizenCon. And what they showed, were all quick cuts from the same glitchy 2.0 build that’s currently in the PTU.

To the extent that even hardcore White Knights are pissed (1, 2, 3) about this because, yes, it casts the game in a poor light. But then again, this is now a cash grab. So I’m not sure why anyone is surprised.

Aside from that, it cost a LOT of money to show that trailer at the award. One more expense (marketing) that’s NOT going into the game as promised.

ps: So that happened. More and more people bailing.

MDrake SC
          Participant

Opportunity… Is it true that Crash Roberts has a cocaine problem? Or just a rumor? I bet no one can disclose or confirm it though… would be a nice thing to know. Lawsuit and defamation fodder keeps secrets hidden. Then NDAs keep the costs of that trailer hidden too…

But yeah, that was one amazing wasted opportunity. I know it was deliberate… but to take such a risk… screw up, then backtrack in public… is stupid. I love how desperate they are.

Derek putting pressure with his inside sources and lawsuits… being rich enough to pay for a lawsuit… Customers rebelling and revolting. White knights bickering and betraying… The possibility of Sandi shaming Chris in private…

No one would have seen this coming back in 2012. Crash Roberts is da man for epic opportunity. We can expect more great things from a man that was sued $8 million by Kevin Costner.

Blix
            Participant

Lets be honest here:

CIG has never hit a deadline ever and never kept a single promise. Yet once again the do the same thing this time to most likely the largest audience the game has seen.

This is beyond incompetence now, now we are into malice. They could have hedged their wording because of every past failure but they didnt.

You are correct now Dman that this is gone beyond everything to wring every last little penny a person has out of them before they get disgusted and go away.

And now I love the white knights saying it only brought in $2200 bucks so no biggie. Want to bet the cost of the ad and the time to create it was extravagant?

dsmart
              Keymaster

@Blix The reason it didn’t bring money is because a) only the whales are funding this train-wreck now b) they just had two back-to-back funding events (CitizenCon, Anniversary) which drained their wallets. Heck, even then, they didn’t even get 15K new “citizens” during the anniversary.

So if they thought that this broadcast was going to rope in new suckers, they were sadly mistaken. They have already peaked. Which is why they released 2.0 in such a shoddy manner. Just as I predicted and said that they would. If the whales stop giving them money, the project is screwed.

This is another reason why they are rushing to get SQ42 out the door in some fashion. Unfortunately for them, over 700K people are already entitled to that game via their on-going backing. There is hardly any room to grow.

2016 is going to be very interesting indeed; and anyone who still has money in this game, come 2016, might as well kiss it goodbye.

dsmart
                Keymaster

Star Citizen. 4yrs + $100m + 500 people later. Now in pre-Alpha-Alpha 2.0. Coming in 2016 <— LOL!!

dsmart
                  Keymaster

Statistics for yearly anniversary sales. This year the sale was extended one extra day due to a snafu with the funding page and processing of sales data.

11/2013…..$7,880,937
                    11/2014…..$6,123,928
                    11/2015…..$5,374,050

Viewing 8 posts - 73 through 80 (of 105 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Year Four’ is closed to new replies.