Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Forums Main Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Viewing 8 posts - 65 through 72 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

Yeah, I saw that earlier and just tweeted about it. It’s crazy. Totally crazy.

MDrake SC
      Participant

Thanks Derek.

As I guessed, and hopefully at least 1 of the 3 give their permission.

With the folks I’m chatting with, it will be the uber definitive proof to convince them SC has something going very wrong. They just don’t trust your blog and predictions alone.

The Escapist protecting their sources wasn’t good enough to prove Chris’s rant as a screw up. Other CIG screw ups will work.

Joao
        Participant

Derek Smart wrote :

Clearly you have reading comprehension issues because I’m not sure how anyone – with fully functioning brain – will read the blog and come away thinking that I was accusing them of money laundering. Nice try.

The rest of your missive is not worth responding to. Just remember the rules, keep it clean or your posts get deleted and you IP banned. My house, my rules. Take that anti-social abusive shit to Reddit.

Derek,

Sorry. I didn’t mean to insunuate anything. I was simply sharing my views and opinions based on what you wrote.
          As you well point out, “your house, your rules”.
          I’ve been paying attention to the things you point out, but I’m not taking sides….yet.

Regarding the money laundering part.
          Here is the thing. In the article you have the following topic title : “THE GIZMONDO MONEY LAUNDERING CONNECTION”

And you start by stating that four of the six top execs, throught their previous company Warthog were associated with the Gizmondo money laudering operation.

This is what you wrote.
          But the only thing you present is that they worked at Gizmondo. None of them were charged for anything. There was no suspicion.
          But still, you decided to use the above title in your article.

Let me be clear. In my post when I refer to manipulation, I don’t mean that you intent to manipulate people.

In previous posts you made a good point regarding Sandi speech in CitizenCon. You pointed out that she is an actress and that her speech was just theater.
          I understood your point. That might have been manipulation.

This is why I’m bringing this up. Trying to connect CIG employees to the Gizmondo money laundering scheme may look like it as well.

Don’t get me wrong. I just want this issue resolved for better or worst. But me and others here have put real money to support projects like this.
          I want to be informed and that is why I listen to you and I’m honestly concerned.
          But I need concrete facts. Evidence. Not more speculation and trying to tie people to events that may well have been out of their control.

In your response post, you point out that you weren’t accusing them of money laundering. So why are you trying to associate them with that?

Derek, the reason I point this out is because I want the truth to come out and you have brought out some interesting information.

So take my post as constructive criticism. Not an accusation or attack.

MDrake SC
          Participant

@ Joao

I think you may be using a few wrong word choices. Manipulation is a very strong negative word. Maybe too strong.
            You may be aiming for the word “sensationalized” and trying to say that Derek’s title is too sensationalized or flashy.

When you described Sandi’s speech, manipulation should be rhetoric, the art of influencing the thought and conduct of an audience.

Anyway it’s just my opinion. I do not know how Derek will read your post.

Daniel G
            Participant

Well, the Gizmondo thing was very shady indeed and while there is no proof that the people currently working at CIG were involved in the money laundering it still leaves a sour taste.
              Why? Well, these people that are now Executive Management at CIG were Executive Management at Gizmondo or one of the companies that was bought by Gizmondo.
              That leaves the doubts/questions how much they knew about what was really going on at Gizmondo and if they were developing software for that device (Erin Roberts) they must have known in what state the Alpha/Beta Hardware was and what would be possible. So by this mere fact they must have known beforehand that this was gonna bomb at least and how viable it would be in the market back then. I’ve worked myself on several occasions with Devkits of different consoles and I know exactly what I’m talking about.
              That’s the reason why Derek finds this suspicious and on top of that those multiple companies that have been set up, the Twin Bros one standing out immediately.

dsmart
              Keymaster

Looks like the White Knights are finally waking up. If you can’t access 4Chan, here is an image of the post.

I’m waiting for the point where they start eating their young.

But seriously though, as I’ve said before, the collapse of this project will be all Chris’s doing; not mine.

dsmart
                Keymaster
                  dsmart
                  Keymaster

Joao: Thanks for your concern, but I have high paid attorneys who found nothing wrong with the topic of the blog content. As such, I stand by it.

In your response post, you point out that you weren’t accusing them of money laundering. So why are you trying to associate them with that?

The fact is that, they were connected to Gizmondo (which was a money laundering scheme) because, for years, they worked there and at executive levels. That’s a statement of fact. How someone else chooses to interpret that, is up to them.

Whether they knew about or were part of the money laundering scheme, is neither my concern, nor is it something that I am willing to accuse them of without actual evidence. All I did was the research, then made the connection. It was so shocking to me, that for almost three weeks after I wrote the blog, I simply couldn’t publish it because I had to check, then double check, everything before publishing it.

It is what it is.

Viewing 8 posts - 65 through 72 (of 185 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.