Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Forums Main Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Viewing 8 posts - 57 through 64 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    MDrake SC
    Participant

Derrick Avila:

I just learned from Around the Verse: Episode 2.06 that CIG is spending money on a new studio in Santa Monica, CA. Actually Derek mentioned it some time ago but today is the first time I ever got official word.

Chris Roberts is one loony guy. He “restructures” the Austin studio. The lead technical designer Dan Tracy is gone. Don’t forget that Dan Tracy worked from Santa Monica in the first place.

They are just blowing money away. Extremely smart people are leaving. It will be possible to see a Constellation Phoenix or Crucible sale before the Nov Anniversary Sale.

Chris and Sandi just gotta have that nearby Hollywood life with $20,000 coffee machines. Maybe the new office will be built with the decor of a Phoenix? Oh snap that glitz up!

dsmart
      Keymaster

@MDRake we actually have several emails forwarded to us already regarding that Twin Bros company. We still do not know why refunds are coming from there. And of course they’re not going to tell us why. That’s what attorneys are for.

That company has nothing to do with this project, other than it being an older shell company owned by Ortwin, one of the co-founders of Star Citizen project. It’s just one of the many Red flags we’re keeping track of atm. No clear answers.

dsmart
        Keymaster

I added some of the more hilarious 1.3 “buggy” videos to the blog. Here are the links.

Remember: Four years. $94m. 500 people have worked on this game on and off since 2012.

dsmart
          Keymaster

@Derrick Thanks for stopping by. Your post is precisely the reason that more and more people are finally waking up, taking a long hard look at the project, and asking the tough questions.

This whole SC fiasco has already had consequences in crowd-funding, and especially in the space combat genre as I posted earlier some examples.

The sad reality is that, even if they do end up shipping something, it’s never going to live up to the hype. And that alone is going to keep this discourse going for years to come.

And your R101 example is spot-on. However, even in the gaming sector, if you haven’t already, read up on the sudden and catastrophic collapse of 38 Studios back in 2012. The ramifications from that one are still on-going today, as are all the lawsuits that came from it.

Chris had the chance to build a great game. He got crazy; and blew it. Again.

MDrake SC
            Participant

I meant specifically, can you release full images, cropped images, or host images with enough details about the Twin Bros GmbH on it?

It would maybe require you to ask the customers that sent it or require some editing, but having those images out in the public, if possible, would be very helpful.

dsmart
              Keymaster

In case u missed this Star Citizen editorial when it first ran, go read it. I am chatting with Red this weekend.

dsmart
                Keymaster

Yup, it was blocked. I have unblocked. Try not to troll me. 🙂

dsmart
                  Keymaster

@MDrake I have emailed three of them for their permission. Then I can just redact their personal info etc. I can’t share anyone’s email in the public without their permission.

Viewing 8 posts - 57 through 64 (of 185 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.