Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Forums Main Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates

Viewing 8 posts - 153 through 160 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Kristoffer S
    Participant

I don’t feel too bad since, from what we can actually see and what has actually happened that the project is indeed late and has exploded in size but it is still going.
      If January 5th 2016 comes long and
      – we don’t have 2.0: CR is so very wrong and the project is really really really fubar
      – the project is still alive, then DS is so very wrong (source http://i.imgur.com/9DiiDJS.png)

So far what Derek has stated are opinions (which even though they weigh far more than most peoples are still opinions!), guesses, predictions, “inside info” from, for us, unknown sources, conjecture and rumors with a touch of “trust me”. Well I don’t trust anyone, not CR, not Derek so I look at it with sceptical eyes and asking “what is tangible? What can be proven?” and in that regards both camps are falling short – very short. Yes, Foundy 42 filed their accounting as they have to but as everyone knows, that don’t tell the entire picture. Actually, with the amount of companies involved in this (which is a bad omen in itself!) that might not say anything at all – we don’t know. Maybe Ortwin moved money around because he knew it would become public, we don’t know. And the more Derek takes everything CIG is saying and twists the truth around to increase the F-U-D the harder it is to trust him – for me! I.m.o he’s best when he’s pointing out actual wrongdoings or downright lies. And the fact that there are wrongdoings and downright lies to point out isn’t his fault though, that’ll all on CIG.

So for me it’s still sitting in the boat, looking at the fireworks, enjoying the show and going back for more popcorn 🙂

lir big
      Participant

@kristoffer Remember at Citcon , Chris said something like ‘ It’ll come soon, just wait… 2 weeks…soon”
        after one month, No star marine, no new playable content. As usual more talks and videos and sh…
        They might as well release something out before 2016 ,they will call ‘2.0’ and say ‘you see?’, but it will be so bad I hope people will wake up.
        It’s not about trusting one side or another or stated opionions, it’s about compiling intel and facts, and logical leads you straight to the truth.
        Truth is Elite Dangerous is awesome with 15-20 millions, since its the only product that can be legit-compared with SC in any way.
        In other word, truth is SC is not a game, but is using game medium as a platform for a large scale scam , consciously or not. That’s what it is. not a game.

Kristoffer S
        Participant

@lir big : That’s not what I remember at all, I remember him avoiding giving any concrete timeline or date what so ever, just “soon”, no “2 weeks”.
          I have very few facts supporting the statement that this is a scam, there is no game and CIG will shortly go bankrupt with CR, Sandi and Ortwin retiring to an island somewhere with millions. Where is the fact to support that?
          The fact is it’s taking time, alot longer than they said it would and that there is today no playable game. And yes it’s a fact that they have lied about things and backtracked on their words. There is, from where I am looking, as much fact that there will be a game as there is that there isnt and that CIG will crumble before Jan 5th as Derek has said they would. What I see is them building a new office for everyone to fit in, which hardly supports the claims of them not having money.
          There just isn’t enough facts either way i.m.o. Please provide those facts that the game isn’t going to come out before the money runs out, I’m all ears…

Joe McClintok
          Participant

@Kristoffer S

Apparently you dont remember that Chris indeed did say “about 2 weeks” at Citcon. Here is a link to the video that is posted above in this very thread:

2 Weeks

If you go to about 4:09 into the video and play it from there, you will see he does indeed say “this will drop in about 2 weeks”.

Kristoffer S
            Participant

He’s not talking about 2.0 in that clip at 4:09. Link the original video for context please.

Kristoffer S
              Participant

Let me be a bit of fact checker for you regarding that clip at 4:09 – that is taken from GamesCom (not Citcon) of 2014 (not 2015) and he was talking about 0.9 (not 2.0) dropping in about 2 weeks. As always, correct me if I’m wrong.

This is what is dislike the most in this “argument” – supporters of both sides have their facts wrong or scewed, which is where I step in because facts should be facts and not something made up and repeated enough so it becomes assumed fact! As I say, both sides are guilty of it.

Hyco Cam
                Participant

Here is a full clip from GamesCom 2105: The Road to CitizenCon

At 2:51:13 is when Chris Roberts, himself, talks about how much progress has been made and what the backers should expect before CitizenCon. In this particular clip Star Marine is touted as being out by the end August. Important to note that CR never states which August. Might be August 2020, might be August 2016–it sure wasn’t August 2015.

Janis Egle
                  Participant

I watched SC progress up closely for last 6 months, and decided that there is no hope for this game. Cant even say it is a game, just glitches and instability… I liked very much idea of this game, but looks like that idea is just in air, peoples minds and forums. Tired from all promises, next week, next month, soon… And it seems that there is no hope for SC without 3rd party investor anymore… So i sold my ships and will return to this game only when it will be finished (if)…

Viewing 8 posts - 153 through 160 (of 185 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.