Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates
- This topic has 184 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 2 months ago by dsmart.
November 6, 2015 at 3:09 pm #1661November 6, 2015 at 4:19 pm #1662Amir JonisParticipant
A bit unrelated I guess, but I did pledge $250 to Infinity Battlescape(more than I did Star Citizen). I think it is really unfortunate that these guys may not get their funding, they seem so genuine, have an anti-feature creep mindset and just true passion with the amount of work they already put in to the engine.
Even CR posted a message on the SC site to promote Infinity. It was a good gesture to be honest. But I keep my hopes up for the Infinity lads at the end of the day.November 6, 2015 at 5:14 pm #1663
Wait, so when Sandi says “upcoming Santa Monica office”, she is lying again?
Wow… cray cray couple.November 6, 2015 at 5:50 pm #1664
I have 3 opinions about Ozy311.
1. If he is truly one of those lucky tech people that gets to work at home and not commute… combined with living in AZ and lower cost of living, then it’s easily possible to have at least $15k in disposable income. If he is working hard on side jobs to finance his hobbies, more power to him. His money, his hobby.
2. If he is lying, and did use credit card finance, loans, his main income in some form… still his money and his hobby. But I have little sympathy or pity for his addiction. More so if he also white knights past a certain point and reaches Accelerwraith levels.
3. My main complaint opinion is that Ozy311 can just buy every ship 1 by 1, unless he really wants the Idris M and P and Scythe. It’s a lot more economical and less wasted money in a package. The guy is not even a kickstarter, original or veteran backer. Just someone who jumps in way later after a lot of early day risk is gone, then drops money for nearly every ship. Hardly the fan he claims to be when he could literally buy $5 to be a veteran backer, at least since it was part of the early end of LTI news blast. He could still get LTI ships elsewhere up till 2013. His join date of Jul 30, 2014 is pretty late.
Also I need to make it clear. None of the $15k packages ever had every ship. Even with the #2 revision to the package, you still have to buy the other Hulls A B D E, vanguard harbinger $280 and sentinel $265, endeavor for $350 and its almost $600 modules, and glaive $350. Somewhere around $2,700. Then the extra option to buy a javelin is $2,500. Incredibly inefficient use of disposable income and getting every dollar’s worth when it is somewhat easy to do.
In the end, just my opinion, and his income is his to spend.November 6, 2015 at 10:31 pm #1665Alex GrncarovskiParticipant
so cringeworthy. i wonder how awkward these people will feel when the game tanks and they’re just standing there holding a SC mug, wearing a SC t-shirt, and a stupid plastic card in their wallet.November 6, 2015 at 10:37 pm #1666
Hey hey. Chris Roberts can do no wrong. He was ultra successful with Wing Commanders and films.
4. Look at 1 again.November 7, 2015 at 6:39 am #1667
Yes, it’s pure madness. The sad reality is that there are others like him who don’t know any better. It’s really easy to get caught up in this.
Here is the thing, how much value do most of us get out of buying and playing a $60 game? I don’t know about you, but I don’t believe that I’ve ever extracted $30K worth of value from any game.
Also, how often is he going to be playing this game? Those ships don’t even have their functionality in place yet. And when it is in place, then what? He’s going to have various ships, sitting in a hangar and useless to him.
Finally, it could be that this is just an investment. Pretty much like the Grey market. He probably hopes that one day Chris pulls this off and he is then able to at least get his money back and/or turn a profit. Which is where the gamble comes in. If the game doesn’t come out as expected, he’s screwed. If the game ships in a subpar form and which makes those ships largely useless, he’s screwed.November 7, 2015 at 6:40 am #1668
I think she mispoke. The office is rumored to be in LA. I think when she refers to the “Santa Monica office”, she’s just using that to describe the studio/office itself, not the location.
- The topic ‘Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates’ is closed to new replies.