Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 777 through 784 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

Star Citizen: Two Years after Arena Commander hit our hard drives

Some quotes:

Hello YouTube, today I’m taking a look at Star Citizen, essentially TWO YEARS after the intital release of ARENA COMMANDER to backers, and looking at where things are today and where they stand… and I can’t help but feel a little bit kind of DISAPPOINTED, because I would have expected MORE THINGS TO HAVE BEEN DONE RIGHT.

I’ve just witnessed over the last two years, a CONTINUAL DISREGARD for getting the devil in the details done to an ACCEPTABLE LEVEL. They seem to be content to let things FESTER ALONG for MONTHS and YEARS at a time. Instead of going forward and addressing those and building upon successful iterations, to deliver upon a product that could be so much more right now than what is shown.

They’ve gone for the n’th degree when it comes to the VISUAL aspects of the game, they have NOT put forth that same level of effort when it comes to things like CONTROLS and BASIC GAMEPLAY. And while it’s pretty to look at, the underlying POOR GAMEPLAY MECHANICS are just UNACCEPTABLE because it didn’t have to be this way.

Out of a staff of however many they’ve got now, over several hundred not including contractors and things of that nature, you can’t tell me that you didn’t have ONE PERSON whose job responsibility at least 50% of the time was trying to implement and iterate upon the CONTROLLER SCHEMES including functions that should be pretty BASIC.

TWO YEARS after the release of ARENA COMMANDER version point eight, we STILL cannot select which missile we want to fire when… The GLADIATOR has been around FLIGHT READY for over a YEAR at this point, and this would have seemed to me to be one of those CRITICAL FEATURES that was truly needed at that time. 

The tutorial mission has been broken for NINE, TEN MONTHS at this point throughout multiple iterations or multiple patches, and this is many people’s first experience into the game world, and instead of being a positive one to show them … they’re left most of the time UNINSTALLING IT when they learn the mission’s bugged.

It’s as though they tried to build a foundation, pour a foundation, but they got their mix of water and cement and aggregate wrong. And instead of solidifying into a solid base, it’s a wet, sloppy, slurry mess

dsmart
      Keymaster

This was brilliant. Regardless of alliances, I have to admit, these guys are true pros. Thanks for having me on!

Guard Frequency Episode 121 | Don’t Panic

dsmart
        Keymaster

UPDATE 16/05/24: Sources are telling me that a new ToS revision is in the works and will be shoved through either in the upcoming public release of 2.4 or thereafter. If you ever hope to get financial accountability or refunds – two of the key provisions of the current ToS v1.2 – do not agree to it. On June 1st, backers have the legal right to both a refund and financial accountability as promised.

Make no mistake, several things are in the works, and there are going to be legal ramifications – including the complete decimation of the arbitration clause introduced in ToS 1.1 by people who never agreed to that ToS revision.

More here.

Hyco Cam
          Participant

The challenge will be getting backers to click the accept button.  Wonder what CIG has devised.  What could get backers to click?  A free ship?  CIG seems too cheap for that.  Maybe a free outfit?

But what I really wonder about–how long until CIG starts to work the gambling angle for funding.  There was a write-up/bit of research into what makes people spend money in F2P.  Wish I had saved the link…  Anyhow, the premise was the more you introduce ways to tap into the gambling the higher the spending.  Something like a raffle for an Idris.  Or some kind of card pack–collect so many of a certain card and redeem for a Javelin, etc.  Might be just the hook to get folks to accept the new ToS–click here for you chance to win an Idris…

On a related note, on other forums I got into a discussion about what kind of scam Star Citizen is.  Someone called it a pyramid scheme.  I corrected them and mentioned it was more a ponzi scheme.  To which I was flagged as that not being accurate.

Then it occurred to me:  Star Citizen is a Shiponzi scheme.  Feel free to use.  🙂

kaizer scythe
            Participant

Hi Derek, there are some spammer on some of the threads, i think going by the name of http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/users/rohnsonmario/ there are no report button so i post this manually.

dsmart
              Keymaster

Thanks. Once in awhile they slip through. Looks like NoSpamX has taken care of it.

dsmart
                Keymaster

My guess is they will do it the same as before. They will introduce it with either a public patch release (e.g. 2.4) or some other way. New account creation is already the first method for new backers/purchasers. Either way, it’s coming – and I can’t wait to see what they put in it.

Yes, it is closer to a ponzi scheme than to a pyramid scheme. But Shiponzi works too. 🙂

dsmart
                  Keymaster

Star Citizen 5v5 fps. Five years, $114 million. This is supposed to be an MMO. Seriously. Just watch.

…five months ago…

Star Citizen Will Have ‘More Lethal’ FPS Gameplay Than Call of Duty

Viewing 8 posts - 777 through 784 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.