Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 769 through 776 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Backer42
    Participant

CIG simply doesn’t have the server capacity to support 1.3 million accounts. They collected money for it, but they didn’t invest it.

Ranger Man
      Participant

Hehe!  My invitation says that due to high volume the copy account to PTU process may take up to 45 minutes to complete and deliver my email.  The can’t grant an account access in less than that time they sure can’t host any amount of people!  I’m not signing up for it.

Ranger Man
        Participant

The more times I read the email the more I laugh!  They don’t have bug reports they have the Normal Issue Council.  Sounds like someone has crossed into their own fantasy and are living in it.

dsmart
          Keymaster

It’s a trap. They probably want people to login so they are held to the current ToS 1.2 which they are probably going to change.

WARNING

The current ToS 1.2 expires on May 31st. If you want a refund, do NOT agree to the new one. Sources say they may change it; hence the reason they released 2.4 prematurely to the standard (from Evocati) PTU, and are now inviting more people (e.g. those who subscribed) than before. The issue is that if they change it, and you login to the site, you will need to agree to it, and thus be bound by whatever new one they come up with.

So watch out for this!

dsmart
            Keymaster

Star Citizen Streamer’s epic rant at CIG after discovering he doesn’t have 2.4 PTU access.

Transcript:

Loken:

Why don’t I have access to the PTU exactly!?

How DUMB is this stuff!?

I’ve spent like a hundred and fifty, a hundred and sixty quid on this STUPID BLOODY GAME I should have access to the BLOODY PTU! Oh for crying out loud, for real CrimsonWolf, you mean you have to SPEND EVEN MORE MONEY on this STUPID not… UGH! Star Citizen, you know, I… you know something guys, I… I SWEAR, I’m trying to LIKE you but right now that is a really, REALLY dumb way of doing things, I mean for real, people who have spent a decent amount of money on the game already  should just have AUTOMATIC ACCESS to it, by sheer virtue of a THANK YOU, for being committed enough to the game to actually uh… to actually… yeah I think it’s BLOODY RUDE, I spent, like I said, a hundred and sixty pounds on a GOD DAMN RETALIATOR ok? I think I should have access on a regular BASIS, I mean I have access to the frikken ETERNAL CRUSADE, I’ve got bloody um… I’ve got bloody access to the PUBLIC TEST UNIVERSE on ETERNAL CRUSADER, I’ve got BLOODY CONTACTS in the PR DEPARTMENT of Eternal Crusade because I’m a streamer and I said, you know, I love the game, let’s play it, let’s work together. I’m like ‘Yeah! Of course! No problem!’… Star Citizen come on guys, what is this, seriously?

Gah, Lee, I’m sorry to say I’m like a… I get… I… I… No, I… if people come in and I sound like a spoiled brat, but I just FEEL that from a CONSUMER STANDPOINT, from a standpoint from ALL of you ladies and gentlemen out there, who are playing the game and who have bought into the game… even if you’ve got, I think ANYBODY who’s bought into the game should have ACCESS to the PUBLIC TEST UNIVERSE, you know what I mean? You SPENT MONEY, REAL MONEY you didn’t have to spend, on a game that is going to be BUY TO PLAY ONCE.

shadowofamaterasu:

that’s the requirement lately. They give access to people who are active in reporting bugs and erros in the PTU cycles

Loken:

I don’t CARE particularly about them Shadow … it SHOULDN’T BE SELECTIVE, it should be a case of if you SPENT MONEY and you BOUGHT INTO THE GAME, then you get access to the public test universe as one of the THANK YOUS and results… resultant factors of being, you know… GRACIOUS enough to give a game that… give a game that ISN’T OUT YET, you know, CASH.

BoredGamerUK:

yo

how’s it going bro

Loken:

So BoredGamerUK it’s going alright apart from I’m a little bit… a little bit MIFFED that I’m not a, uh… I’m… I… I had ASSUMED that because I had spent a decent amount of CASH on the game that I’d be able to get into the PTU, and unfortunately I am apparently NOT on the PTU. So I’m a bit… you know, I’m a bit NARKED I have to admit. I don’t see any real reason not to let people play who show interest in the game, they should have access, exactly. Thank you very much BoredgamerUK for the follow my man I do appreciate it and welcome to the community brother.

This is the silliest way I’ve seen of handling it, I’m sorry but it is. And I don’t actually give a monkey’s… REAR about them saying (air quotes) ‘oh, it’s to do with those who give BUGS TEST etc’, if you paid TEN POUNDS A MONTH you can get access to the PTU by being a (huge air quotes) SUBSCRIBER, you know? (shakes head) It’s a GOD DAMN… you know what it is ladies and gentlemen, you know what it is, they just WANT MORE MONEY.

MORE MONEY! A game that has a hundred and thirteen million dollars!

shadowofamaterasu:

PTU is for bugfinding and test purposes. Hence public TEST universe.

Loken:

Shadow, I’m saying you can get access to the PTU if you spend TEN QUID A MONTH on the SUBSCRIPTION PROGRAM (ironic thumbs up). So I don’t think that’s the reason brother. As much as I’d love to think it’s something as SIMPLE and as INSTANT as that… I just think it’s a case of GIVE ME MONEY. Hmm. I’m actually really rather narked about that, I have to admit. I don’t actually know how to proceed. I’m not gonna lie. I could just by the, uh, STUPID, um… SUBSCRIPTION I guess. Because I would like to see what to do with the STUPID GAME, it’s just… I… I… I’m so… I’m so NARKED about that. I’m really sorry guys, I don’t usually get this narked over things but… I… I… aaaghhhh…. just…. WHY?! Why would you not give people who have spent money the opportunity to be in? Maybe put a cap of, I don’t know, maybe FIFTY QUID or something.

nicks123132:

bored gamer explain to this man why things are the way they are

Loken:

Oh please do I’m genuinely curious.

BoredGamerUK:

I understand your PTU pain. They had a load of people complain when the PTUs are buggy. And to build hype and make some more monies they have restricted it a bit. I mean, it’s ok for them to make money & it is pretty open dev. But yeah I know what you mean, I’d be annoyed if I wanted to play

Loken:

Again, I… like I said, when I came on today, and I started the stream up I assumed that due to the fact that I had a, you know… I’d bought into the programme, I’d got the uh, the SHIPS, you know I have a couple of them, I’ve got a RETALIATOR, I’ve got an AEGIS AVENGER… I… you know, I don’t understand why then I haven’t got access from… and I’ve also ALREADY HAD ACCESS IN THE PAST, uh, it’s from PTUs that I don’t get from THEN ONWARDS access to… the following PTUs you know… I’ve shown an INTEREST in the game, I’ve given REPORTS in the past, I’ve shown VIDEO FOOTAGE from the LIVESTREAM, about things that haven’t worked, or things that have gone wrong, or been falling through ships… I mean just recently we were playing with… on the free ship weekend, we were playing with some of the bits and pieces there and I FELL OUT OF THE HANGAR a couple of times from a CONSTELLATION… and it’s like (shakes head)… you know?

Again I’m just… UPSET.

dsmart
              Keymaster

Less than 24hrs later, they are no allowing paid ($10 per month) channel subscribers access to 2.4 as well; thus leaving out a swath of backers with no access to a game they’ve already paid for. Yeah.

lir big
                Participant

Good good, it seems the streamers are waking up now. Things are evolving though, they have not called him DS once. More and more of the things you have warned about months ago, are now into reveal, and see how they slowly understand, bit by bit, waking up. Good good.

Ranger Man
                  Participant

Good point.  I have no intention of signing up anyway.  I’ve had it with them.  However, it’s like a soap opera where you figure they can’t get any dumber than they are and then they do.  Kind of like some places I’ve worked at – made Dilbert’s PHB look smart!  At this point they are not refunding anything it appears and that’s probably to stop the bleeding and keep what cash they have.

Viewing 8 posts - 769 through 776 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.