Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 721 through 728 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    lir big
    Participant

CR +SG +OF = Con Win-Team.

dsmart
      Keymaster

Yes. And they continue to make shit up as they go along. For example, in that same thread, this person was spreading lies about some sort of settlement that prevents The Escapist from talking about Star Citizen. This despite the fact that he knows it to be false. I have since confirmed it to be false; hence this Tweet.

dsmart
        Keymaster

Following my blog about INN, I have added a third update. You can read all the updates below.

UPDATE1:

“Derek is going balls out with this, full guns blazing. If it turns out that INN is being run by this PR company paid for by CIG with backer money – which to be fair is exactly what it looks like – then **** all of these guys, **** them, and here is why:

INN disseminates all of the information coming from 10FTC which is used to part people with their money. It ends up in forums, comments sections and subreddits of other games. People go to INN, lift things from their poor, inaccurate, misleading and lazy transcripts and post them as ‘coming features’, ‘Star Citizen will have this’, ‘this new thing is right around the corner’, and people go to RSI and spend money.

Let me give everyone an example:

INN TRANSCRIPT:

Q: Will planets have multiple biomes? Will flora and fauna be high fidelity?

A: Yes and yes. They hope to one day even have full weather systems for planets. Flora and fauna will be high fidelity because they’re made by the art team before placed.

WHAT WAS ACTUALLY SAID:

Q: Will planets have variant biomes and or weather regions or will each planet be uniform? Do you think current procedural tech will be capable of generating flora and fauna at a fidelity close enough to the art you are producing?

A: “ABSOLUTELY there’s NO REASON why we can’t do this. WEATHER REGIONS is a bit of a DIFFERENT STORY”

“Moving weather and things like that on it? That’s a problem that we’re not yet ready to SOLVE””

“This is one quick example that I can find in 5 minutes, they’ve been spewing this garbage now for how many years? And now it looks like they’ve been getting paid all along to do this? This is how they’ve been selling those ships, this shit gets copied and pasted all over the internet, and people spend money because the whole thing just keeps sounding more and more amazing.

Not only do INN misrepresent what’s being said in these videos and 10FTCs – trust me, I could sit here and effort post for the next two days showing loads more little nuggets like that one above – but they are starting to look like a paid for marketing operation to sell jpeg spaceships.

Which part of Star Citizen doesn’t look like a scam at this point? Anyone? 

Bueller?

Whatever Derek has managed to dug up about this I am very much looking forward to reading.”

UPDATE2:

So Dolvak shows up, tried to deny them messing with the transcript. Then once the above was posted in the sub-reddit, he deleted his original post. We already had a screen shot because this is precisely what we expect these guys to do when confronted with evidence and proof.

UPDATE3 (05-09-16)

Since I wrote this article after doing extensive research (most of it involving Stolen Goon Valor – don’t ask), a lot has happened.

First, let me start with the serious part of it all. I reached out to William Usher who has had his run-ins with Shitizens (and the people who love them), and INN (and all 15 people who still read their site), the premier Shillizen site. My goal was to get third-party confirmation from CEO and founder Jake DiMare (aka Wolf Larsen) on the record saying that neither he, nor INN or any affiliated companies, have in fact received any compensation from CIG. Below is that on the record response sent to Usher.

on the record INN is a community funded fan site that operates at a loss out of love for the game. We have no relationship with CIG beyond being backers and fans of the game. With the exception of that time they donated a ship for a promotional giveaway.

A source of mine begs to differ, and claims to have more information about how people at CIG are connected to INN through Jake. And that sort of thing is precisely why I wanted to get an on-the-record response from a third-party, because, you know – Shitizens are a disillusion bunch of nutjobs stuck in a combination of sunk cost fallacy, cognitive dissonance, and a healthy dose of abusive tendencies.

So here’s the thing, INN is not purely a Star Citizen fan site. If you look at the content they have produced, aside from the cringe-worthy shilling (accuracy and facts be damned), disinformation etc, it’s clear that it’s way more than that. As a result, they were required to disclose that they are in fact running sponsored content donated by CIG. So if they lied about that, and/or failed to disclose it, aside from all the other crap they do, it’s clear that they can’t be trusted. Period.

Not to mention the fact that even though they are masquerading as a fan site, it should automatically and immediately disqualify them from being the source of any neutrality and which would be in the best interests of the true Star Citizen backers who just want the game they paid for. Instead, not only has Jake, Dolvak and others there, engaged (as per the links in my article above) in the same behavior as Shitizens (you know, the toxic Star Citizen backers), but they condone and continue it to this day. In fact, just this past weekend, people from INN were in a stream (nope – not going to give the link any hits) and conducting that very same behavior.

So now, just days following this article, they’re on damage control. Because, you know, f*ck Derek Smart, but lets just cover our asses anyway – it’s the only way to be sure. Pretty much the same thing that CIG does when I go sniffing (quick! see if you recall that one time where Sandi was singing the Nazi national anthem at a Star Citizen event) around. And with that, they’ve been doing some shuffling; no doubt in an attempt to distance Jake from his INN role. To wit: this is INN on 04-17-16 to 05-06-16. And here is it today, 05-09-16. See anything different in the top three roles?

It gets better. Jake has been running a Patreon as Wolf Larsen since Feb 2015. Why is this relevant? Well, here is an excerpt from Section 11 of the Patreon ToS (yes – of course we’ve reported it).

Your Information” is defined as any information and materials you provide to Patreon.com or other Users in connection with your registration for and use of the Service, including without limitation that posted or transmitted for use in Public Areas. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we act merely as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information. The information and materials described in this Section, as provided by each User, is collectively referred to herein as “User Generated Content.” You hereby represent and warrant to Patreon.com that Your Information (a) will not be false, inaccurate, incomplete or misleading; (b) will not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items; (c) will not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right or rights of publicity or privacy; (d) will not violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); 

Wolf Larsen is an alter-ego for Jake DiMare. He simply does not exist. And prior to the investigation that spawned this blog, nobody had made the connection.

So, there’s a real person (Jake DiMare), using a fictitious persona (Wolf Larsen), to get money from Star Citizen backers, to fund a site which, for all intent and purposes, is a shill site for Star Citizen, and through which some (not all) of it’s contributors (including the owner/founder) are conducting a social media proxy war against dissenters like myself and others.

And he’s now finally copped to it, complete with a lovely quote. Seriously, read it. No, I’m not making this up. Read it.

Although we recognize there are individuals who have the opinion that CIG is not diligently building the best video game anyone has ever imagined, we just happen to disagree. We also disagree that all our readers, and the legions of Star Citizen fans behind them, are the world’s largest collection of suckers being deceived by a sweeping, hundred million dollar conspiracy to pretend to build a video game starring Mark Hamill, Gary Oldman, Liam Cunningham, Gillian Anderson, and Andy Serkis.

So, this is where we are with INN when you pull back the curtains:

1. INN is owned by Jake DiMare
          2. There are no corporation (LLC, LLP or whatever) documents that we could find anywhere on planet Earth for INN. Contrary to statements made by it’s founders and contributors
          3. Wolf Larsen doesn’t exist. It is the alter-ego Jake DiMare
          4. INN didn’t publicly disclose they got freebies (among still to be disclosed assets) from CIG. Hence ‘sponsored‘ content
          5. INN transcripts are littered with bullshit, which in turn decimate and distribute misinformation to Star Citizen backers
          6. Jake is raising money through a fictional alter-ego from real life Star Citizen backers
          7. Some INN contributors – including the founder – are part of the toxic Shitizens which continue to plague this project and its community

That’s all for now. Our investigation continues. More to come as it unfolds.

UPDATE4 (05-10-16)

As promised, the resident archivist over at the Stimperor’s Elite Goon Squad has put together some of the most recent INN transcripts which show without a shadow of a doubt that they’re basically not only posting pure bullshit, but also distorting what is communicated by CIG. Knowing fully well that since most people aren’t watching the broadcasts, they rely on the transcribed material. Trust me, it gets worse. And it has been going on as far as when INN started. Basically, Reddit aside, INN as far as we can tell, is the #1 source of misinformation and disinformation about this project. Which pretty much explains why there is so much confusion surrounding what this project is, what was promised, and the current stated. Simple put, they simply cannot be trusted. And I personally believe that Jake DiMare is not being forthcoming about his relationship with CIG as it relates to this project. But as these things tend to go, it’s only a matter of time before it all blows up and gets out. And whatever it is they’re hiding, I’m going to get to it. It’s only a matter of time now.

10 FOR THE CHAIRMAN: EPISODE 78 MAR 7 2016

http://archive.is/fi7bI

Q: What are the plans to make future patches smaller and more efficient?

INN Transcript
          WORK HAS STARTED on a patching system that will only download exactly the files you need.

What was actually said
          So yes absolutely we have a PLAN in fact I sat down earlier this week … but yeah I THINK we have a really cool PLAN.

Q: How important is positioning relative to an opponent’s in Star Citizen’s flight model, and is it affected by 6DOF?

INN Transcript
          Positioning is always important in Star Citizen which implements pilot skill and ship characteristics.

What was actually said
          Getting BEHIND someone, or in their BLIND SIDE is a bit of an advantage.

Question according to INN
          Are you seeking guidance from people in the field when it comes to designing planets and procedural tech?

Question as it was actually asked
          You’ve talked about consulting linguists for alien languages, are you talking to exobiologists, exoplanetologists and exo-climatologists for direction and help in designing the ecosystems and climates of alien planets?

Answer according to INN
          They CONSULT with people at UCLA when they have an idea in mind about a certain kind of planet and CONSULT about where it would be most fitting to go , then they add in factors like in game lore and gameplay before deciding on a planet’s location. There will be a small amount of things like an ‘ice planet’ and a ‘jungle planet’ mixed with a combination of real life science.

What was actually said
          We have done a certain amount of working with a local school here in LA, so at UCLA we’ve been dealing with some sort of astrophysicists in terms of laying out our star systems and what kind of planets will be what distance from the stars. You know very much in Star Wars they sort of focus the planets to sort of feel like it’s a TYPE it’s a JUNGLE or it’s an ICE PLANET or it’s a DESERT PLANET.

10 FOR THE CHAIRMAN: EPISODE 75 JAN 25 2016

http://archive.is/wqUeN

Q: Thoughts on where CIG will go after Star Citizen is finished? Will you develop additional content?

Answer according to INN
          CIG will continue to produce features, content, functionality improvements, and new singleplayer campaigns for Star Citizen for the foreseeable future. (i.e. World of Warcraft, EVE Online)

What was actually said
          We’ll have what will sort of determine a sort of… MINIMUM VIABLE PRODUCT FEATURE LIST for what you would call Star Citizen the commerical release, which is basically when you say, “OK, we’ve gotten to this point and we’ve still got PLANS to add a lot more cool stuff and more content and more functionality and more features”

10 FOR THE CHAIRMAN: EPISODE 83 APR 18 2016

http://archive.is/S4JpH

Q: Whenever I lose my guns in space will I have to buy new ones?

Answer according to INN
          Generally if you damage your ship when you are flying it you will have to pay to get it repaired. Depending on the type of insurance you have it may pay for the ship and/or custom components. However there will be penalties for making repeated claims to prevent people abusing it: premiums increase, replacements take longer, there is extra scrutiny, etc. An advantage of having an Alpha phase is we get to find a nice balance for this with your help.

What was actually said
          I’m not stupid enough to say… “it’s DEFINITELY gonna work EXACTLY this way”, cos… you know… you’ve gotta get it out there LIVE and play around. Hopefully with all you guy’s help and playing it we’ll come up with something that is like a really nice balance.

10 FOR DEVELOPERS: EPISODE 08 MAY 02 2016

http://archive.is/SSIFS

Q: Will planets have multiple biomes? Will flora and fauna be high fidelity?

INN transcript
          Yes and yes. They hope to one day even have full weather systems for planets. Flora and fauna will be high fidelity because they’re made by the art team before placed.

What was actually said
          There’s NO REASON why we can’t do this. WEATHER REGIONS is a bit of a DIFFERENT STORY.
          These are the things we’re thinking about
          Moving weather and things like that on it? That’s a problem that we’re not yet ready to SOLVE
          VOLUMETRIC CLOUDS and all this sort of STUFF … to have MOVING WEATHER PATTERNS and things like that within the planets? That’ll be something for another time I think.
          How do we keep THAT FIDELITY for a planet that’s COVERED IN AN ENTIRE CITY, that’s a lot trickier.

Q: Will mined out locations be depletable, and will the minerals regenerate?

INN transcript
          Mining won’t alter geometry, but an object on the planet. If they do regenerate, they might not look the same or be in the same area.

What was actually said
          Well it’s… it’s a DESIGN QUESTION it’s really gonna be up to the designers, there’s no TECHNICAL reason why it can’t
          You know, it’s kind of a long answer to whether it regenerates or not… I would say NO IT DOESN’T ACTUALLY REGENERATE

dsmart
          Keymaster

I had added update4 to the blog, and to the excerpt above.

dsmart
            Keymaster

uh-huh, INN isn’t Star Citizen shill site at all. So the week dsmart outs them, let’s feature them on AtV anyway. And NO mention of Jake DiMare aka Wolf Larsen.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQcs87B4azY&feature=youtu.be&t=1561[/youtube]

dsmart
              Keymaster

Transcript of the INN section of the stream.

Around the Verse: Episode 2.31
                May 12, 2016

INN EMERGENCY BULLETIN
                STANDBY

Bowtie: Hello Citizens my name is ERRIS, breaking news on INN tonight as we come to you from inside INN studios

Bowtie: Hello everyone at INN we’re here with CHRIS ROBERTS

CR: Very nice to meet you guys and… welcome… you guys do GREAT coverage on STAR CITIZEN so…

Bowtie: So I first have to ask you have heard of INN? 

CR: Oh yes absolutely

Jared: On this week’s episode we’re sitting down with David Elojia, one of the members of the IMPERIAL NEWS NETWORK. David, how ya doin’ man?

Bowtie: I’m doin’ pretty well how are you?

Jared: I’m doing well thanks for asking

Bowtie: You’re welcome! We Canadians like to ask things like ‘how are you’

Jared: So polite

Bowtie: I’m sorry I apologise in advance

Jared: Are you sorry for being so polite?

Bowtie: YES I do apologise for my POLITENESS

Jared: Alright. Now the IMPERIAL NEWS NETWORK… you know what I’m not gonna bother explaining it, why don’t YOU tell the people what the Imperial News Network is

Bowtie: Oh that’s uh… that’s a bit DIFFICULT to do, uh, the IMPERIAL NEWS NETWORK… 

Jared: Well it’s the WHOLE REASON YOU’RE HERE so hopefully you can do it

Bowtie: I’m HORRIBLE at this part. Ah… the IMPERIAL NEWS NETWORK started out, um… basically as a way to… keep track of CONTENT, um… mainly coming from the SUBREDDIT but there was a whole bunch of content that got LOST. Uh… and mainly because it was… I mean… you guys put out SO MUCH EVERY WEEK, that it’s HARD to keep a TRACK OF. Um, so we started doing things like TRANSCRIPTS, ah, we started covering everything we could about STAR CITIZEN, and that’s… that’s where INN started, now we ah… we try and make sure we’re a HOME for TRANSCRIPTS for, ah… FAN FICTION, for VIDEOS, TUTORIALS, basically anything ah… anything… STAR CITIZEN RELATED that… needs a HOME and somewhere that it won’t get LOST like on the SUBREDDIT that’s what we try to uh, try to do

Jared: Ok, and for those of you, for those people who may not know what the SUBREDDIT is

Bowtie: (rolls eyes) Ohhh, the SUBREDDIT is… a… …

Jared: There are some people who have gone their entire lives on the internet without experiencing REDDIT

Bowtie: I was… I had gone my entire life without experiencing REDDIT until STAR CITIZEN and I found the STAR CITIZEN SUBREDDIT and… found TRANSCRIPTS done by NEHKARA… who… TRANSCRIBED everything you guys said in your VIDEOS and it was the most WONDERFUL PLACE EVER and now I can’t spend a day OFF the SUBREDDIT… the SUBREDDIT’s just, it’s a place… ah… for people to talk about STAR CITIZEN, it’s… it’s a BIT MORE OPEN than the OFFICIAL FORUMS, uhm… on… the ROBERTS SPACE INDUSTRIES SITE… but it’s also a bit more CHAOTIC than the official forums and it… it… it gets a bit CRAZY in there but it’s ah, it’s pretty FUN

Jared: So back to INN, who are some of the people who are involved with INN?

Bowtie: Oh wow. Um. INN started, was basically founded because of someone named NEHKARA and NEHKARA is one of my GOOD FRIENDS, he’s another CANADIAN like MYSELF and he started TRANSCRIBING every… all the videos that, uh, that you guys would put out from ah… AROUND THE VERSE, REVERSE THE VERSE, the TEN FOR THE CHAIRMANS… ah, he… he’d make TRANSCRIPTS and NOTES of what was said in those, so he was basically the FOUNDING… IMPETUS for INN, ah… and around him we’ve got, we’ve ah… we’ve… amassed a… pretty good uh… pretty good GROUP, we’ve got uh… CANADIAN SYRUP who now runs our TRANSCRIPTS TEAM, we’ve got STORMY WINTERS who now runs our FICTION, ah… SHIVER BATHERY is our European, ah… CORRESPONDENT, our DIRECTOR OF EUROPEAN RELATIONS, we’ve also got uh, JAKE ACOPPELLA… ACAPELLA… I’m gonna butcher his name… JAKE ACAPELLA who… ah… he’s our VIDEO and GENERAL GAMING… (waves hands)… DIRECTOR, ah, we’ve got, ah, PAPA DOLVAK, who used to run the SUBREDDIT actually, and uh… YEAH! We’ve got a BUNCH of other people as well, ah… LESSER PEOPLE who do TRANSCRIPTS and FICTION and… it’s… we’ve… I think we’ve got about 30 to 35 different members at any one time and people COME and they GO and it’s uh…

We’ve also got FIRE SPIKES, um… he… he hangs out and talks with us a lot as does FAST KART and…

Jared: We’ve also got Fire Spikes, he hangs out. Perfect, no perfect, just leave it there. Fire Spikes, he hangs out. Now besides the transcripts, what can folks, what does INN do, I know you do a couple of livestreams?

Bowtie: Yeah we do, we do… right now we just do one livestream a week, basically it’s on SATURDAY at 02.30 EASTERN, ah… which is… basically we talk about the STAR CITIZEN news of the week and then we answer questions, uh… between the TRANSCRIPT TEAM we know entirely TOO MUCH ABOUT THE GAME and… I like to say that we’re second only to the DEVS in our knowledge of STAR CITIZEN so people like to ask us questions when they can’t get a hold of… actual… CIG EMPLOYEES… but, um… we’ve got FICTION every WEDNESDAYS, we… TRANSCRIBE ten for the chairman, bugsmashers, around the verse, reverse the verse, ah, any of the SPECIAL reverse the verses th-the MONTHLY SUBSCRIBER ones, we do… MONTHLY REPORT SUMMARIES, um… we’ve also got HOSTED FICTION on SUNDAYS, ah… NEHKARA does CONCEPT SALE ANALYSIS… ahh.. tch..sh… I’m running out of… there’s MORE… and I just can’t REMEMBER it all cos there’s SO MUCH every week and now a bunch of our members have started um… STREAMING, ah… so… JAKE ACAPELLA and PAPA DOLVAK are off on their own, they’re gonna stream ON THEIR OWN, we’ve all started doing… GENERAL GAMING NEWS AND REVIEWS as well, it’s… there’s… there’s too much

Jared: I know BEN is a big fan because INN has reminded him of his own WCNEWS website that he started for WING COMMANDER back in the day 

Bowtie: I have… I have to say, uh… one of the HIGHEST compliments I’ve… I’ve been paid was Ben saying that INN reminds him of… ah… WCNEWS, and that was… yeah… (long pause) it was NICE! Yeah! 

Jared: Well said, well said David

Bowtie: I’m an author I don’t do the speaking thing

Jared: I’m sorry?

Bowtie: I’m an author I write things I don’t do this whole speaking, talking… thing

Jared: A’right. Well any final words for the community from INN?

Bowtie: Ah, for the community, thanks to everyone who’s, ah, you know, stuck with us, thanks to everyone who USES OUR TRANSCRIPTS TO SETTLE ARGUMENTS, thanks for everyone who comes and checks out INN and more importantly thanks to everyone who supports what you guys do cos… we wouldn’t exist without STAR CITIZEN… itself… and… we’re fans too, so… yeah, thank you guys

dsmart
                Keymaster

So in the latest RtV (2016-05-13), Tyler and Lando confirmed that the Evocati testing was done in part to save on bandwidth costs.

Lando also said “The vast majority of people download the game and login once, then never come back

Also….

UPDATE: 05/16/16

dsmart
                  Keymaster

Mark Hamill interview in PC World:

I don’t know how many millions of people must be involved in raising that kind of money, but that just shows you the reputation that Chris has developed over the years in the gaming community because he’s very well respected. People are really excited for this game, and it’s interesting because people either have no idea what it is at all or they’re ultra-passionate fans. There’s no middle ground. That’s the very definition of a cult following. “

Viewing 8 posts - 721 through 728 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.