Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 65 through 72 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    MDrake SC
    Participant

@ B B

Coincidentally, you and I share many of the same opinions. Did you hear about the Kevin Costner lawsuit? See my post on it here (Derek mentioned it first btw).

The whole Hollywood actor thing would have been… somewhat OK if it was just voice overs. But nope. Full motion capture. So much money dumped into a stretch goal. Yay.

I was just rewatching the stuff in the kickstarter Infinity: Battlescape. So much potential, but since I’ve been burned badly, I am not taking any risks in crowdfunding anymore.

And yes, ranting feels great. Join me in becoming another alt of Derek Smart. The hate reddit is already watching me.

B B
      Participant

I spend time looking for serous articles relating SC, and by serious I mean actually reporting. But nothing, it seems to me a lot of blogs/sites are to scared to lose readers.

I just don’t understand why so little has come forward in terms of investigating. How hard can it be?

I expect a few artists out there who are still waiting for their checks. I also wondering why Illfonic hasn’t come forward and try to clear their name.. Stuff like that.

You know, every time I think about those actors I start thinking in the near future on a show ala Oprah we will seem Hammil talking about SC and be like ” yeah, but you know at the time when Chris came to me, he really sounded legit, and the project really did look nice, I guess no one saw it coming really ”

WRONG.
        Also, what ever happened to that lawsuit regarding the Escapist, and that Lizzy girl who was to be fired lol?

lir big
        Participant

@Meat
          Unfortunatly you are still missing the point.
          yes he said that; and I believe I said it too re-read my post plz .

“They are faking the fact they do have a real time pg tech ”

Yes they are faking this in a a way they want us to believe they have the tech for it. And guess what you did believe them.
          Derek is not the only one that have seen it’s fake, we all have too and most of us are not engineers.
          Now what my post was about : they not only specifically faking that video, they are faking the whole project…. they’ve always been.

Quoting from :  “Where is the new stuff? The new stuff is the technology required to stream in dynamically changing levels of detail”

Everything you said then is CIG disclaimer about what they will do. You are paraphrasing them in the big lines . That shows absolute no proof of nothing.
          On other hand you can easy tell they put Nyx in a middle of bad modelised PG (not real time) planet , but yet you choose to believe what they are saying instead of what you are seeing. It’s been 6-8 months from Nyx first vids, 6 months on gamescon demo; They added nothing new. I can’t believe them anymore , they are so laughable. wtf have they been doing in 3 years?
          modelising high-end gfx ships and doing ultra expensive sales.
          What is no laughable is how they’ve waisted people money and time. 1 year star marine expectation, 2 weeks before citcon they were still saying it would be out soon…. you still believe them.. They lied about LTI in the very first place. You still believe them?, CRoberts himself unable to play his own game because how crap it is on every level. You still believe that clown? Arena Comander stuck at the same exact point it was when released ( take few bugs out add few others). 2 years later ? You still believe them ? Hollywood actors? wtf do we need this in a game? Sooo we are paying millions of dollars for hollywood actor instead of game making. Really? And you still believe them? (not to mention last time I’ve watched a Chris Roberts movie it was terrible). And the list goes and goes…
          How can you believe them still? I can make a shiny video too with a planet and a ship aproaching, and I can tell you tales and stories about how the tech underlying will effects etc etc etc, in the end I would have shown nothing new, only talks , never facts.

Anonymous

@lirbig again, for the 3rd time

Quoting from :  “Where is the new stuff? The new stuff is the technology required to stream in dynamically changing levels of detail”

Everything you said then is CIG disclaimer about what they will do. You are paraphrasing them in the big lines . That shows absolute no proof of nothing.
            On other hand you can easy tell they put Nyx in a middle of bad modelised PG (not real time) planet , but yet you choose to believe what they are saying instead of what you are seeing. It’s been 6-8 months from Nyx first vids, 6 months on gamescon demo; They added nothing new. I can’t believe them anymore , they are so laughable. wtf have they been doing in 3 years?
            modelising high-end gfx ships and doing ultra expensive sales.

If you watch the video of the seamless landing again, and keep a close eye on the landscape, you can see the levels of detail change as the ship gets closer/further away. It’s in the video. It’s right there. That dynamic LoD is the main technology that they were demonstrating, and you can see it working in the video you say is fake. So what I am believing is exactly what I’m seeing. And apparently you see only what you believe first.

Derek is not the only one that have seen it’s fake, we all have too and most of us are not engineers.
            Now what my post was about : they not only specifically faking that video, they are faking the whole project…. they’ve always been.

So let me get this clear. When CIG keeps something secret, they lack accountability. When they tell us as much as possible, it is a brainwashing tactic used by cults.

When CIG is working on the underlying technology required to make the game run, they are vapourware. When CIG releases a massive update that shows what they had been working on, it’s still a scam because the first release was buggy.

When CIG doesn’t have every single stretch goal completed 3 years into the project, it is a scam. When CIG fullfills stretch goals, it is still a scam.

So the whole project is faked? The game that so many people are playing and enjoying is a mass hallucination? Derek was right and the 2.0 alpha is technically impossible?

I deal in truth and objectivity, and while there is no way to know what the future holds, we do know what happened in the past. In the past, Derek Smart has been wrong on nearly every single prediction he has made. Derek Smart has claimed that some of the things CIG has already done are impossible.

Arena Comander stuck at the same exact point it was when released ( take few bugs out add few others). 2 years later ?

This is so far from the truth I can’t really be polite about it. If this is what you think, then you clearly have never played the game, watched it being played, or spoken to someone who has played it. The flight controls are COMPLETELY different from what they used to be. The physics are MASSIVELY improved. There are 26 ships flyable in arena commander, and it started with 2 or 3. The map is several times bigger than it was at first. You can earn money to buy anything in the game by playing AC. The balance has been shifting constantly. The addition of the signature system, which makes radar actually work based on detecting an enemy’s IR and EM emissions while taking radar cross section into account, changed the way the game is played completely. Countermeasures are harder to use to break missile locks, but they are useful in other situations like breaking an opponent’s radar lock on you as you enter an asteroid field to lose him. The options menu has improved massively. Setting up joysticks used to be a pain in the ass where you had to manually make and load an xml file, now its quick and easy to do in the menu, and it saves your settings. Basically, Arena Commander has improved in every single way.

When you say Arena Commander hasn’t changed, you are literally as wrong as a person could possibly be about anything.

MDrake SC
            Participant

@ meat, post #2079 and #2083

$5m = celebrity voice-acting, $5.5m = professional motion capture, $10m = build their own mocap studio

Basically, you proved that Chris has been out of the industry for so long, he doesn’t know the costs involved and scoped creeped the hell out of SC. Well at the beginning, before the $23m mark. Instead of using their home built mocap studio, they went off to The Imaginarium in London, one of the most expensive places possible, for mocap. It becomes even more suspicious when June 27, 2015 comes long, moving to the end of mocap, Derek Smart is a public shaming figure on the PC Gamer website, on July 14, 2015.

There has only been one SQ42 mission demoed. A total of 50 have been promised at $5m. There is only 1 system out of 100, promised in the $6m goal. The project is 1 year overdue, November 2014 vs December 2015.

Chris proceeds to humiliate himself, on a livestream, and it becomes apparent he does not play his game regularly. It makes sense why Chris has been pushing for mouse flight and trackballs for the Saitek joysticks. He does not play games often. He does not know what is fun or practical. He only has a vision, and many terrible ideas to show.

Derek stayed in the games industry. Chris lost ownership of Digital Anvil in order to have Microsoft finish Freelancer, and went to the movie industry with Ortwin. Thanks to Derek’s legal research, backers that have been suspicious of the SC project, learned that Chris Roberts was sued for $8m by Kevin Costner due to breaking a contract. I even made a post on it here. Chris has a history of major failures, including the 1999 Wing Commander film.

Derek Smart has proven to be far more trustworthy in 5 months, compared to Chris Roberts in 3 years since the public announcement.

dsmart
              Keymaster

@meat # 2083

“So the whole project is faked? The game that so many people are playing and enjoying is a mass hallucination? Derek was right and the 2.0 alpha is technically impossible?

I deal in truth and objectivity, and while there is no way to know what the future holds, we do know what happened in the past. In the past, Derek Smart has been wrong on nearly every single prediction he has made. Derek Smart has claimed that some of the things CIG has already done are impossible.”

I know you realize that’s patently false, but since you are the guys buying JPEG ships for a game that doesn’t exist, it comes as no surprise that the delusional thinking continues to pervade any meaningful discourse.

I am right – and remain right – that the 2.0 “tech” is largely non-existent. Even the excerpt you quoted, taken in context with what I was responding to, the shitty condition in which 2.0 was released for the anniversary sale, the current conditions etc, proves it beyond a reasonable doubt. Which is why it remains a tech demo.

Every single thing the “chalk” was referring to, is either a) non-existent or b) actually happening in a buggy form or another. And there are literally hundreds of videos proving precisely that.

As engineers, we tend not to pass off tech demos for completed “games”. We create them as proof-of-concept.

Here is a review that Rock, Paper, Shotgun did a few days ago. Here is Scott Manley’s latest 2.0 play through. NONE of that looks or sounds like a “game” yet.

For the removal of doubt, let me post – with context – what you are referring to.

“It’s all largely irrelevant. They can’t do any of the above because they don’t have the tech. They never did. They still don’t.

And no, 2.0 has none of the above since all they’ve been touting for that is the FPS merge and the baby PU. If they had any of that in any meaningful fashion, they’d be showing it off. 

Which goes back to what I’ve said over and over again: EVERYTHING shown at Gamescom and CitizenCon were staged – specifically for those presentations.

Meanwhile, in 18 months, Arena Commander is still a broken mess of a “module” that a bunch of modders could have put together on a whim.”

Robin A.
                Participant

Ha, about the concern subforum issue, you mentioned that 11 out of 30 were currently closed due to the absence of (correctly designed) poll, I looked at the remaining 19, there are exactly two in which the poll has a majority of “yes” (requests for melting weapons and two-steps authentification). No serious concern then, nope, complaints are clearly only due to a vocal minority that can’t accept how good the game already is.

dsmart
                  Keymaster

The irony is that you have to create a poll in order for your concern to be accepted and valid. Here is the latest one. So apparently if you can’t load the game, you have to create a poll.

Viewing 8 posts - 65 through 72 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.