Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 57 through 64 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster
      MDrake SC
      Participant

Once in a while, it is fun to shoot down trolls and trash talkers. Examining how they ignore your points, how broken they are, is fascinating stuff.

I have to wonder if these exceptionally toxic folks are raised properly, frequent drinkers, potheads, divorced, desperate for friends, and have other supposedly mild to serious life problems. I still think anyone that spends $30,000 for a game as a game, is unsound.

Under the Church of Chris, The Gardens of Sandi, The Ortwin Hammer… I look forward to being accused of being Derek Smart, Mr. Small, jealous, a troll, a boot licker, scum… though my favorite remains deserter.

lir big
        Participant

@meat

You are totally missing the point. You just don’t want to listen to what Derek Smart have told you because he is Derek Smart.

We are not saying  they ‘faked’ the video just for the purpose of saying so.  ; we are saying they did that in 5 minutes and faking the fact they have not done any progress for a long time on the game itself.  So yea it’s a cheap made 3d planet with nyx as a proof of hand-made stuff. .

I’m astounished you are not asking yourself ‘what have they been doing all this time’. We ‘ve known about nyx for a year or so, its no new stuff. That pg planet as it stands in the video can be made in 5 minutes with skill and 3dsmax/maya etc. And actually that’s what they did and you say yourself they claimed it took them couple of days to put that up. So again what have they been doing ??? where is the new stuff? Is it Alpha 2.0 ?

Well about it : first the gamescon demo 16core cpus : Yeah they did required 16cores cpus to run that back in august; 6 months is the time they needed to make this a ‘large range’ playable demo. And demo is what ‘alpha 2.0’ is, there’s no gameplay, bunch of copy-past boring ‘missions’ and thats it. Add to it the crashes, bugs, glitches, lags, and people that can’t play more than 10 minutes. Call it whatever you want it’s technically not even an alpha, and ‘alpha’ itself does’nt mean anything out of the bound project. And no, you DON’T sell something as buggy as this to people, claiming it’s playable. It’s called fraud whatever the way you look at it.

There’s no new revolutionary tech as you claim there is. Today games can do that 10 times better and with better scale (and actually doing it > E:D as an eg).

Sooo, Nyx has been made for about a year, they modelised that planet in about 2 days. They are faking the fact they do have a real time pg tech wich , tbh I haven’t seen any of that in the videos. They’ve been working 3-4 years on the game and all they can show to us is those stand alone ‘modules’ with no gameplay , and shiny ships. Do not come by me the with hoollywood actors, comercials, the overwhelming infos they provide ( this has a cost, and no, subscribers money isn’t enough to provide that amount of daily updates), conventions (huge cost),high-end furnitures and studios, and all the bullshit they say they can do , because this is absolutely irrelevant to a game creation project. And yet this is where the money is going at. Smoke and mirrors..
          Thus, providing overwhelming amount of intel is a known brain-wash technic,  anihilation of free will, one doesn’t have time to compute and synthesis all of this. This is precisly how cults work. This is how they have kept questioning away , by flooding people with infos.

It’s too bad you are keeping your eyes closed, cause really you are curious in a civil and nice way about what we’re saying here. what a change from those white knigths and angry birds that are naziing the rsi forums and reddit.

You will see clear once you accept C.Roberts and S.Gardiner might be fraud, and are not that good persons people want them to be.
          Try to agree to disagree just once , so you see the way we see it; then it’s up to you to think and believe what you want.

Shall I remind you they have waisted an entire year on StarMarine ? how many times have they lied that it will be so soon into our hands? And you still believe any of what they claim? Come on…Where is that map gold horizon? and the one in space? nono don’t tell me it’s in the alpha 2.0. It’s simply not there, and the ‘fps’ part i’ve seen is just about troll-kill other players just as in gtav . wooohoo what a gameplay indeed, I’m impressed.

B B
          Participant

A fucking Men.

Seriously, I really flabbergasted how so many people can’t see SC for what it is.
            They are bleeding the people dry, and some of them are smart but most of them I am sure are ruining their selves to buy the next big ship.

I just want it to stop.

And websites like MassivelyOP are the worst, they rather play along then upset their viewers. Anyone with a sane mind can see this is a scam.
            I wish SC would be treated with the same scrutiny other company’s face.

dsmart
            Keymaster

The extremists don’t realize that they are the ones giving the community a bad name. Other gamers know; the media knows it etc. And in the end, when this whole thing fails, every single media outlet will be writing about it.

MDrake SC
              Participant

To be fair, many people originally wanted SC to succeed. That included Derek and myself. But… once you see both horrible mismanagement, and outright embezzlement of public money, it’s damn near impossible to be nice. Derek cannot share a bunch of stuff from former CIG staff, but I bet the stuff he learned is terrible. Same reason why the Escapist is not sharing anything. Something big is building. It will be glorious.

What was not glorious, was this whole one procgen planet with Nyx. Maybe if they showed 5-10 planets, each with 1-2 new base layouts, I might’ve been convinced. Of course, it’s a lie. Smoke and mirrors. All before a sale.

To make matters worse, Chris doesn’t even play Star Citizen much. The livestream proved just how out of touch Chris is. He doesn’t know how to troubleshoot a PC, game, or joystick. No wonder he wants trackballs on the Saitek joysticks. Chris is a nutcase, and the rumors of him frying his brain from cocaine may very well be true.

It’s disgusting that folks idolize Chris, even after that kind of screw up. I am starting to develop the opinion that even if Star Citizen fails, every cultist and zealot will blame Derek Smart, and people that got refunds. They will argue with something like “Chris had everything in place. He just needed more time. You people signed up to donate to a project, and all your refunds killed it. Derek Smart and the goons are responsible for the failure of the largest crowdfunded project in history. One that had the foundation to be the BDSSE.” Cultists and zealots will just ignore the whole FTC, embezzlement stuff though… “Chris and everyone else were being paid for their work. They deserved a few perks.”

I feel kind of sick thinking like a white knight…

dsmart
                Keymaster

As I’ve always said, if the general public knew half the shit that myself, The Escapist and others (e.g. the bona fide investor who pulled out) know, people will see this project and people running it, for what it is.

Time will tell. I am very patient and I know with 100% certainty, that I will be vindicated in the end.

B B
                  Participant

I think I should clarify,

CR might have started with a genuine dream of a new game, to re-invent the old games.
                    However once the money started flowing in, he went nuts.

Like what has been shown over and over again, every single time CR had a project where he was the one making all the decisions it went horribly wrong.
                    The guy has been out the industrie for what, 20 years now? He has no clue how these days games run, whats capable and whats not; I mean, Crysis is a damn FPS engine, and they still can’t manage to create some FPS content. And still no one bats an eye.

The community is a cult, they move on the internet like locust and find every negative article/comment and jump on it and by sheer numbers they remove any criticism. I actually feel anger towards most of them, because they are part of the problem and in a big way.

We as gamers are always yapping how those big studios put profits before actual content, thats why KS funded games would change the playfield.
                    Yet we now how a 100 million invested company, with no oversight, even tho this should be mandatory. Actually a real game studio gives more transparency then Cloud does.
                    In my book, Cloud Imperium is worse then all the above ( EA, SONY etc.. ) Heck, sure DLC’s are a big scam but at least the content is there, ready.
                    In this instance we have JPEG’s and promisses with a 3 digit price tage on them. FFS a referral program in an alpha… and when I say alpha I laugh.

This shouldn’t even be called an alpha, ffs this can barely be called proof of concept.  And people find this normal? WTF man?!
                    Then we have this whole Hollywood actor stuff…

Seriously, I wonder how many millions went towards those actors.. like seriously… What do you think Hammil and oldman asked for a few lines?
                    That could have gone, to you know actually making the game. And tbh, what I saw was mediocre, even with all the fancy tech they say they have.

Then we Sandi lined up with them big names, a washed out producer with a (no one’s ever heard of her)actress. The fact she was cast for a role just proves whats wrong with the whole management. How can she be put on the same screen as a name like Oldman, or Hammil.

NEPOTISM, and again no one cares!

Not to mention the whole restoration hardware store they ransacked. And yet people seem to be fine seeing thousands of dollars being spend on everything except the game.

Take Mark Jacobs for example, he knows how to make a game. Have you seen their office? Its just a few chairs and a table and they do what they are doing. And they are doing an amazing job.
                    Bling comes later, get the code/engine out the door first.

/Rant, goddammit that felt great.

Viewing 8 posts - 57 through 64 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.