Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 601 through 608 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Stan Porky
    Participant

It seems plausible that they would give up on SC “for now” and focus on trying to rescue SQ42.  I could see them getting away with it for a while too until something major breaks  x 3-4 (the minimum i think it would take for a large enough section of the SC backers to get the sinking feeling and panic to set in)

Star Citizen Trades on Reddit may be busier than usual soon…

Thanks again for the heads up.

J HOW
      Participant

Can vouch for the technical issues, some of the things I’ve heard have been terrible from the programming / engineering side. Some I’ve heard has been over the last month or so from people looking for jobs from CIG they applied at my place of work. We are already seeing the negativity at being associated with a failed project as we did not hire any who had applied.

Trouble is because they failed to fix the underlying platform wide issues they now have a severe technical debt. Their engine is practically kaput as no one knows exactly what does what as the experienced staff have already left and no one has full documentation. I was skeptical of various things I had been told about the UK office (more so some than others), I did not think some were physically possible to break Cryengine in so many “wonderful” ways to cause some of the issues they are seeing. The engine is I understand it is layers and layers of tentacles stacked on top of each other as part of “features” added into the engine but no one has looked at how they all work together – assume it’s a complete mess similar to their server and architecture components. To make matters confusing they refer to certain features as modules of the engine and refer to features-of-features also as modules code side.

Some things I couldn’t verify or refuse to believe were:

• Refactor is a keyword within CIG to mean looking at the code, sorry that’s not the word means and having difficulty believing it
        • Parts of the modified engine have no documentation as to how it interacts with the base of the engine or the API to how a client interacts with a server and vice versa
        • Some branches only compile successfully on certain dev machines and they don’t know why
        • Their programmers or engineers usually have to trawl through code to find specific modules which have no standard naming convention
        • There is no internal standard naming convention for features-of-features for modules
        • Some underlying base code has changed so much some previously working assets and previously working code no longer works (had heard this is specifically to do with the FPS module), pretty much the two options were to either maintain two code bases or start again
        • Some days some engineers are disheartened they fail to write any new code and “refactor” old code to maintain a CVS quota (which is apparently an arbitrary number based on commits per-line)

Taking the above with massive pinches of salt it still looks bad, again they are applying for new jobs for a reason so some of it may likely be true but can’t validate it. I’m wondering to see if it matches what you or someone else has.

Josquin
        Participant

If even half of this is true, then we can indeed expect a spectacular implosion.

starchip
          Participant

Doesn’t look like a piece of super sophisticated machine, is that worth 20k? Don’t know. Im sure there are other brand industrial coffee machine for much less money, and the question is why CIG did not pick it up from someone else for less than 5k? That sort thing is meant to pipe you coffee 24/7 20 years none stop, unless you are running a Starbuck, you just get urself the most expansive cup of coffee.

Quasi
            Participant

All of those seem to indicate one thing, project management failure. There very well may have been a good one at the beginning, but it sounds like he/she departed early on without leaving any structure in place. They don’t even have standard conventions for friggin’ code writing? It’s a miracle they even got a tech demo going if that’s the case.

It’s hard to believe a project can limp on for years without any actual leadership, but SC may be about to create history in yet another way. And seriously, these morons had multiple studios around the globe working on a single project. This is just one studio.  How in God’s name were they ever planning to fit it all together without even having simple naming conventions in place?

There very well may be a great criminal case after this implodes if the part about basic planning turns out to be true. Such gross negligence would be evidence they never intended to release a finished game.  It would be like a contractor who agreed to build you a 10 story building in one year, but 11 months later he hasn’t even ordered the concrete yet.

dsmart
              Keymaster

Let me assure of one thing: It’s a lot worse than than.

And the E.L.E (Extinct Level Event) that I have been hinting at these past few days, is playing out as I type this. I have stated since last year that if they survived 2016, that it would be a miracle.

Regardless of what they do now, neither Star Citizen (mPU) nor SQ42 are ever going to see the light of day in completed form.

The last ditch feature attempts coming up in the “persistence” (hinted for 2.4 patch) are solely geared toward making money.

If you think I’m kidding, watch yesterday’s RtV in which Chris made an appearance. Listen. Watch. Observe (the body language, mannerisms etc of everyone).

dsmart
                Keymaster

Let me assure you of one thing: It’s a lot worse than you can possibly imagine.

And the E.L.E (Extinct Level Event) that I have been hinting at these past few days, is playing out as I type this. I have stated since last year that if they survived 2016, that it would be a miracle.

Regardless of what they do now, neither Star Citizen (mPU) nor SQ42 are ever going to see the light of day in completed form.

The last ditch feature attempts coming up in the “persistence” (hinted for 2.4 patch) are solely geared toward making money.

If you think I’m kidding, watch yesterday’s RtV in which Chris made an appearance. Listen. Watch. Observe (the body language, mannerisms etc of everyone).

And all those who thought that Chris was saying these things are coming in 2.4, is an uninformed fool. I told you it was all bullshit. Well, read this then.

There will never – ever – be a completed Star Citizen (Persistent Universe) or Squadron 42.

ANYTHING (implementing in-game sales) they do now, is geared toward a single goal: get cash quick

This is what I said back in July 2015 when I wrote that first Interstellar Citizens blog.

Without disrespect to anyone, I’m just going to say it: it is my opinion that, this game, as has been pitched, will never get made. Ever.

There isn’t a single publisher or developer on this planet who could build this game as pitched, let alone for anything less than $150 million.

The original vision which I backed in 2012? Yes, that was totally doable. This new vision? Not a chance.

The technical scope of this game surpasses GTAV, not to mention the likes of Halo.

Do you have any idea what those games cost to make and how long they took?

Do you know how many games which cost $50 million to make took almost five years to release? And they were nowhere in scope as Star Citizen?

lir big
                  Participant

Okay
                    I stopped listening to CR after he began to go on about persitence. For real this guy naturally speaks like a Cult leader. His wording is manipulative to the extreme. Is this what people mean when they talk about his ability to share his vision?  trancript from INN , at least they’re still usefull for some things:
                    ‘[Most of the questions are about Persistence – Where is it?] Persistence is the ability for the game-state, items, inventory, ship, person, etc… to persist beyond the game session. Right now what you have is what you’ve pledged for, and every time you load into Crusader or AC, it’s an instance. Ship gets damaged, leave the game, come back, and your ship’s fine.’
                    Some pearls : ‘Persitence will allow you to persist reputation etc’ > No way CR !? ‘Persitence is huge’ … Then you hear the fracking word maybe 50 times.
                    And he goes on and on and on. Lol wait, what !? I’m pretty sure by ‘persitent universe’ you meant ‘persistent universe’ CR, and we all know what that meant back then. WTF is this about all the unsignificant details of it? we don’t care, unless……..unless there’s nothing bout persistent in your PU (as we could see anyway) and you are trying to dodge as usual? But this is what the backers pledged for, and I’m sure you’ll remind them about when the time comes.

So from then I begun looking at the behaviors. Jared nothing to say. He’s the perfect troll. He could be one of the most active cultist or he could be the maul, I don’t know.
                    Ben is very uncomfortable , scared and upset . And is giving up.
                    I’d like to say few things bout his health and the way some people make fun of it. I dunno about Ben’s health , I don’t care, I hope not for bad things to him , and I’m not happy at all the way some people makes fun of him because of his weight. This is not fair, this is not fun at all and at the same level of those shitizens’s talks . The goon forum was spoiled with that kind of things for a while : None of this was fun.

But what tick me is about his eyes and hands and they way he looks at CR. Something tells me he has realized how fraud are the people he’s working for. Not that he didn’t know about , but the same as for the former cultists, he just seemed to be awaken now. He also seems totally washed out broken by the weight of the lies he’s been telling us for all that time. I dunno why but I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt, and I believe he was a true CR fan and SC believer untill very recently. He seems upset and very angry toward CR . And tired out of distress/stress. Something in his whole behavior seems to say : “Those guys were right (us), I’m working for a cashgrab and dream selling machine, I really don’t like it anymore, and the whole truth to my eyes is just breaking me down”.
                    I wouldn’t be surprised someone there has played  a long term psychological harassment on him.  No proof but this is how it seems.

Okay I could be completly wrong, and the guy would just be a total asshole ,that take his cool paycheck each month. Untill we know the truth…
                    Also Sandi wtf are you doing in the background? why don’t you come show your face up front camera? at least say hello to backers.

Let’s persist in the verse commandos.

Viewing 8 posts - 601 through 608 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.