Star Citizen – General Discussions

Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 replies - 49 through 56 (of 1,083 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    SJ Parkinson
    Participant

I backed it. I back quite a few games on KS. Having a playable demo to download was a good point in SS’s favor.

I doubt there will be any issues reaching their goals. It’s been positively received overall.

letitfail
    Participant

Once again, thank you Derek for an entertaining and informative read.  A notable part for me was the mentioned recent bonus payout. I suggest that the amazing amounts of cash people can feel entitled to for their ‘work’ has been the death knell for many a crowdfunded project.

So we wait for SQ42 (With some unspecified chance of total failure before it is released). How can people honestly have hope that it would be any good – the ‘have faith’ argument advanced a lot of the time. For SQ42 to have a hope of being good you would have to believe that a substantial amount of content is being hidden even if release is mid 2017. Face it folks, it will be shit. And if you think people have been complaining about SC up to now, well the floodgates open for real on commercial release of Chris’s movie.

Alternatively they can string along backers a la star marine but for how long? Well in the spirit of the recent and issue riddled “Star Citizen AA Trolls and $100 Millon[sic]” where we are provided a few calculations, I will give my own numbers. With a reasonable burn rate of $3m over 3 years we get $3m*36= $108m. Arbitrarily set the start to mid 2014. Then consider certain funding sinks outside that burn rate (vs sources aside from backers which are simply overwhelmed) then your out of luck next year. This is why those who say 2018/19/20+ are amusing.

J HOW
    Participant

Sounded like the bitter taste of the red pill coming though listening to the video and I think you’re right – it sounds like frustration at coming to a realisation.

As an outsider (not backed the game) still unable to comprehend this level of fanatical support, worse still it appears to be getting worse with the dedicated fans. The changes to TOS, refund policy, CS policy as becoming bigger signs of attention and seems to be drawing in media attention – which in turn is making the fans worse.

Everything seems quiet around the Manchester office these days, not many of their employees are even involved with local IT or game development groups or forums. Would speculate that it sounds like an enforced policy or maybe an unwritten rule not to talk outside the company or associate with “other” game studios or development houses, but who knows with CIG getting increasingly paranoid?

dsmart
    Keymaster

lmao! yeah, I saw that. These people forget the rule…

This is CIG. There’s always more; and it’s always [i]worse[/i].

dsmart
    Keymaster

They are charging $35 for a tee shirt that cost about $5 to make because they can. Whether they sell or not, is a whole different story.

Stan Porky
    Participant

I thought they were supposed to be done with the mocap crap !

Ranger Man
    Participant

After two refund requests were rejected I filed with BBB, FTC (twice for no refund and TSO changes) and with my state Consumer Protection division.  I got the CIG is not the entity but we answer anyway nonsense.  I had no results until my State Consumer Protection contacted them and in their response they said I’m supposed to get a refund but we’ll see.  I guess they figured I was serious if I contacted all the agencies.

Derek, I also contacted the Morrison/Lee attorney but have not heard.  In one of the posts you told us to contact you via email if we wanted information on attorneys.  I did but assume you’re swamped.  Who can we contact if we don’t get the proper refund or any at all?

letitfail
    Participant

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if they got away with charging $55 for the shirts. Same idiots would buy them. Happy $117m down the shitter day everyone!

Viewing 8 replies - 49 through 56 (of 1,083 total)
  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.