Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 521 through 528 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    starchip
    Participant

Elite dangerous + No man’s sky

Looks promising, but can they make it ???

Anonymous

Ben is a funny guy – a few years ago he was the first to step in and defend the (really, really bad) game called Wing Commander Arena, a shitty game for the 360 xbox. Why? ‘Cause he wrote most of the manual for this mess…

And he is (and he was) a huge fan of spaces sims, or at least the games from CR, as history is telling us by this lovely pics from the past (yepp,the net don’t forget).

looks like fun. or kindergarden…

lir big
        Participant

Why is fascism dangerous ? because it tells people what to do and what not and you can just shut your mouth up if you are not happy.
          Cult is even worse since you don’t even realise how drawn you are into fascism .This white knight could have easily lived in Russia prior to 1989.
          And I would’nt be surprised he would go all out if you tell him his mind is perfectly shaped for hardcore communism:
          Back at the Ranch

dsmart
          Keymaster

NOTE: Most of these morons attacking them, don’t even know who Matt Barton is btw. Let me quote someone who does:

Matt Barton has been doing “Matt Chat” for years. He’s probably the most widely respected video game historian in the world.

He’s written 4 (now 5 one is at the publisher) books on the subject. His viewers asked him to try the drink.

He usually reviews alcoholic beverages in his drinking horn. He has a PhD and he’s also a friend of mine.

The Japanese Drink Ramun or whatever the hell it was is a little joke, but not nearly as bad of a joke as Star Citizen is.

Matt and I had discussed previously (about January I believe) Rob Irving being interviewed and whether or not Irving was under an NDA.

Matt’s a little silly, but he isn’t an idiot. He’s interviewed most of the fathers and mothers of video gaming including Ralph Baer. He’s got more video game cred than anyone working on Star Citizen that’s for damn sure. I did give him a lot of hell about opening the bottle which was funny to watch.

It certainly would be interesting to see him interview Derek Smart.

starchip
            Participant

Anyone remember this? It seems CIG had no idea what this thing implies, eg. how it can vastly complicate the game design. I predict this thing will be next to useless once the broken water down game came out.

dsmart
              Keymaster

More bad news for Star Citizen backers. Yet another feature, Pirate Swarm, has been canceled.

Here is a statement from one of the modders who had a better version going awhile back.

“Pirate Swarm” is canceled. Partly because:

1) as CR said you can spawn a few pirates at a time once by doing a “mission” in the Crusader map

2) They don’t want to waste development time/resources on it (I’ll get back to that)

3) What he doesn’t say, is that two modders (I’m one lol) released a playable version of Pirate Swarm early last summer that was MUCH more advanced than what has ever been released by CIG to this time.

I threw a fit with Ben Lesnik and Disco Jadredo in general chat last summer after they “did not receive” PM’s. They spent TWO MONTHS claiming to be “working with us(modders)” on Pirate Swarm so they look good to the community when that was at no point true. (Which really pissed me off because the next god damned day from cornering DiscoBigO in public general chat telling him to STOP claiming that; he and Ben stare 3-eyed into the camera on their RTV webstream & continued their claim to be working with us on it…)

The sad thing? I didn’t even set it up… People legitimately LIKED the mod we built… Because it was better than anything CIG had done as far as AI strengths, weapon balancing & having non-flyable ships some-what included as much as we could fix them.

So strange that video mysteriously is deleted after 56 minutes now… The INN transcript survives tho.

http://imperialnews.network/2015/09/reverse-verse-episode-63/

“q-Pirate Swarm? Still in the works. They sat down with people who did the fan-based one.”

Hell half of CIG was playing our modified version and giving us props for it. Even Christ Roberts himself!

“cause right now it’s really the people that kind of know CryEngine and they know how to strip the assets out of our builds and they use it, and there was a group of modders already built their own version of Pirate Swarm, which was pretty cool.”

Back to #2) It would only take me maybe 3 minutes of light mending to fix their broken Pirate Swarm rule-set offset of Vanduul Swarm to get it working in Single Player.

Just so we’re clear… Christ Robert’s himself is saying they don’t want to waste a handful of minutes of a single developer’s time to give the community a fresh game type to tide them over.

MDrake SC
                Participant

Well, to be fair… Pirate Swarm isn’t much of a feature. Just using different ships with different AI settings, in Vanduul Swarm. It was not heavily promoted by CIG either. It’s no Star Marine.

And that ends the fairness. Toysrme6v0 and Tazius are the 2 modders that put the original Pirate Swarm together around June 2015, based on AC 1.1.3. The fact that no one at CIG did anything to release the real pirate swarm, was something I noticed. Not only was it something that was easy to do and would add variety to the game, it would be the first minor sign of progress in a long time (this was 2 months before the Gamescom 2015 demos).

And then word gets out that Derek is forcefully refunded by CIG in July 2015, coop campaign (2012 original feature) is downgraded afterwards, Gamescom, Escapist, and the rest is history.

Chris Roberts had the opportunity to create the original game for $23 million, then sell out to a publisher or investor, and get rich legally. Ha ha ha ha ha.

starchip
                  Participant

Actually the sellout is not a bad idea. If CR sold the right to a different company (when this project was still on track), this game could get properly done with early goals. The greatest problem with Star citizen is CR himself, CR prefer his dream over the reality of making a game, this is how everything got out of control. Now days he cant even sell even if he wanted to, the technology is impossible the scope is out of bound, the business is shady. Every sane dev knows SC is a tickling time bomb on a hype train.

Viewing 8 posts - 521 through 528 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.