Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 33 through 40 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Paul Howlett
    Participant

Hi,

I just thought I would share my experience of requesting a refund.

I was never a detractor of Star Citizen I was genuinely excited about the resurgence of the space sim genre. I pledged to Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen in the same month but while I’ve been playing Elite Dangerous I haven’t so much as downloaded the Star Citizen game because it isn’t a game yet but rather a set of tech demo’s which are buggy and problematic.

I started reading this blog, the other articles and the looking in depth at the progress. To be honest the Star Citizen persistent Universe didn’t excite me as much as Squadron 42 but I still watched with baited breath the updates and hoped we would get something soon.

About 5 weeks ago I’d had enough, I’m playing Elite Dangerous loads and don’t feel this will ever be completed to a high standard we’re still in Alpha builds of small sections of the game after years of development and huge investment!

So I requested a refund, at first they told me no but said they would escalate it to a manager to review my reasoning.

I was full of hope however it’s now been 5 weeks, I have had repeated automated mail saying they are experiencing high ticket volumes and would get back to me shortly but nothing meaningful and any request for a meaningful update is met with a standardised we’ll get back to you soon response.

I’m not impressed, I’ve lost faith in CIG’s ability to deliver the game as promised and my experience of trying to get your money back is woeful. I wonder how many others are requesting refunds?

Daniel G
      Participant

Well, if you’re in the EU you will get a refund, rest of the World they won’t give you a dime back. See Derek’s post about what they respond now. We have an Alpha 2.0 and have delivered great stuff, you won’t get any money back, stuff is cool…

MDrake SC
        Participant

@ Paul Howlett

I requested my refund way back in October. Since my refund is $2,500, CIG has done the best they could to ignore me after I confirmed my refund request. Luckily, I can afford to totally lose it in the worse case scenario. Though I would prefer not to.

The EU has stronger consumer protection laws than the USA, so the EU is where most of the refunds seem to be going to. Since I am in the USA… yeah. The folks at CIG are incredibly dirty.

Here is Derek’s post about refunds. Enjoy.

Paul Howlett
          Participant

@Mdrake SC

Thanks for the information, I guess I have a long wait on my hands then if they still haven’t replied to you and you pledged an insane amount! Sorry but that seems like a lot to me.

I hope you get your money back, I feel a little silly for worrying about my $125 now but my refund is on principle rather than amount or hardship. They’ve failed on so many promises and I seriously doubt they’ll even finish to a high standard what I want to see so it’s more about letting me down then anything else. I would have happily played something smaller in scope that could have actually been delivered.

I guess I have to keep waiting, I’m in the UK so we’ll have to see their response. Failing that I might raise the issue with PayPal and see if there’s anything they can do.

Thanks for the reply.

Paul.

MDrake SC
            Participant

@ Paul Howlett

If you used a credit card, ask your bank for instructions on a chargeback. I hear different banks have many different rules for them.

Also, go into your RSI account, open the full details of your $125 purchase, and make a nice clean screenshot of all the details in it. I’ve heard from other people that got refunds, that CIG will delete your account before you are fully refunded, which means a loss of purchase records. You will need everything possible for a chargeback. Maybe even your email from Paypal.

CIG is a dirty company, run by cruel folks. You need to be careful of any customer service tricks they may try. Even for $125.

MDrake SC
              Participant

Fun time. Lets start with the Escapist article, “Multiple sources from within the company stated that the Pacific Palisades mansion that Chris Roberts shares with Sandi Gardiner is being paid for with funds from the company, along with the couple’s personal vehicles and personal vacations.”

Now look at this picture, specifically the car behind…

View post on imgur.com

As someone from a comedy forum said… “That is a goddamn 911 50th anniversary limited edition!!! You can tell by the rims. That thing starts at 125k USD, if you can even find one. Only like 1900 were made.”

http://www.automobilesreview.com/gallery/2013-porsche-911-50-years-edition/2013-porsche-911-50-years-edition-01.jpg

Looks like the disgruntled employees that went to the Escapist were telling the truth. I never doubted the Escapist and how they vetted their sources. Of course, white knights and Chris just can’t let this chatter spread freely.

Chris has said “I’ve been lucky enough to be financially independent, driven nice cars and lived in nice houses. That’s due to money earned through royalties.”

Chris is such a lovable guy. Puts his (formerly secret) wife as Vice President of Marketing, also as Human Resources Manager, so employees with valid complaints have nowhere to go. Hey Chris, nice move. Nice stream too.

Daniel G
                Participant

@Derek, what happened to your latest blog, it was password protected and now it’s gone. Was it too explosive for CR/RSI?

dsmart
                  Keymaster

Yup. All paid for by backer money. He didn’t have any of that prior to Star Citizen.

Viewing 8 posts - 33 through 40 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.