Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 25 through 32 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Sorry for the double post below. My first post didn’t show up for an entire day, so I figured the forum ate it like it did to MDrake SC.

Anyway, in response to this post:

“We have horrible REC grind. $165 super hornet and $150 gladiator ships that are clearly Pay 2 Win compared to $45 starter package ships. Next thing we might see is Squadron 42 broken into more parts than announced (3 currently?)… under the excuse of a bigger, complex, epic story. A trilogy or more to cover it all. Buy more mission packs! Private servers may cost a fee, subscription, license, or maybe require CIG to host them… There is no accountability in anything pitched.”

The p2w argument could go either way. The gladiator is an inferior combat ship to the avenger, which costs half as much. Many people who are much better at the game than I actually prefer the Avenger to the Hornet, which is pretty insane considering the hornet costs even more than twice as much as the avenger. Yes, buying some ships will give you a stronger tool with which to fight, but in the majority of cases, you are paying 150$ for something you can earn in a couple of days playing the game with a 45 dollar ship. And saying that the aurora is 45$ is only true if you assume the game comes for free with the 45$ package.

So in conclusion, you can either pay 150$, or play the game for a day or two for the same result. You could consider that p2w I guess, but it’s the least grindy grind I have ever seen in a game. I don’t play many games with grinding mechanics (I played S.K.A.T.E. once), but there’s no comparison to killing floor, cod, war thunder, world of warships grind mechanics, where you can play for a week and get nothing.

Of course, this argument could become completely invalid overnight if they give out less REC.

I think there is a big difference between ‘pay to win’ and ‘pay to not grind’. If paying money gives you power that cannot be acquired for free through game play, then that’s ‘pay to win’ and it’s bullshit. But if someone wrecks my face with a ship that he bought instead of earned, I don’t really care as long as it’s something I can get for myself for free. I mean, if you are playing a multiplayer game, I can guarantee 100% that you will eventually get stomped by someone who is either better than you, better equipped than you, or both. Whether or not that person bought or earned his ship doesn’t matter to me, other than the fact that him not having earned the ship makes it more likely that the person is better equipped, but not better, making it a more interesting fight that I still have a chance of winning.

Basically, people buying constellations doesn’t make me cry that the game is unfair, it makes me want to go out and pirate that poor fool.

Hyco Cam
      Participant

More Idris’s and Javelin’s–shocker!!

Daniel G
        Participant

OMG, more and more sales, one after another, it’s really beyond incredible how the whales keep on churning money into this black hole. They must be in desperate need of money as the sales just don’t stop at all, how people do not see this is beyond me, they’re really preying on the addiction of the people, any mobile freemium game looks like kindergarten compared to this.

I’m also wondering how they’re gonna get SQ42 finished until the end of 2016, I’m pretty sure they’ll release like 3-5 missions to release something and then will say more coming in 2017. Get the preview now and btw recommend it to more friends…

lir big
          Participant

1st tos sequel .
            Same, actually was wondering when people that asked for refund lately were to start getting this nice kind of an Anwser.
            CIG stands that by accepting the patches people are accepting the inherant TOS changes that would go with – shall it be reminded that very few people actually read the TOS. It is right and absolutley legal, you click you sign in.
            Now I don’t know about the law in the US about shaddy ads or in our case shaddy TOS change. While EU citizens  are then bound to their respective country laws, the EU law is clear about unfair contracts. If a comercial offer is considered too shaddy for the consumer point of view, it is considered possible non-valid, from legal point of view alone. Let alone shaddy altered and unilateral non-edited retro-active TOS…. ( smiling here ).

I’m glad I’ve asked for refund when you said ‘it’s now or never’ in a laster blog.

dsmart
            Keymaster

Here is one of the key issues in the Star Citizen ToS : arbitration. Which means the chances of getting a class action lawsuit going, is zero.

dsmart
              Keymaster

Chris Roberts playing Star Citizen right now in the holiday live stream, 12.9K views. This guy? 33.9K twitch.tv/lirik

MDrake SC
                Participant

@ Derek

I remember you mentioning this some time ago. It may have been on the comedy forum. I know you said that you can’t share much, so I won’t ask you.

All I will say is, I hope you and the lawyers found something.

MDrake SC
                  Participant

@ Daniel G

I was expecting the Sabre to return. What I did not expect was Reliant variants. I am even surprised that there is no “surprise” variant for LTI.

Regardless, the folks at CIG are desperate. The white knights remain all too happy to give their life savings to the dream.

Viewing 8 posts - 25 through 32 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.