Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 185 through 192 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    lir big
    Participant

Flavoured samples from CPC article :

« Story of a guy who’s looked for some cash in order to make a game.
      But as he was digging and digging, all he could find was gold.
      So he’s never stopped (digging). »

“Sc is a Promise buisness : Customers give because they are confident; the more they give the more they are confident, up to a point they become fervent supporters ( If not, that would be admitting they have been coned, and that explains the  backers outraged reactions at any fair critisicim on every forums in the world).”

“Usually, an alpha version is one version that comes with cut-off fonctionalities. But here, (SC) includes so few fonctionalities, the “alpha” term itself would be miss-used : It is more about an alpha version of the game demo (edit : lol exactly) , and the glorified missleading version numbering is a bluff.”

“There are several Chris Roberts”
      “First one is the young man who had set down the basis of modern space simulation. […] That CR had produced extremly ambitious, inovative, and popular games. He made a fortune with the Wing Commander series, and mostly when Origin Systems was bought by Electronics Arts in 1992.”
      “Second CR quits EA to create Digital Anvil, in order to produce games and movies. Wing Commander is the movie title, fortunalty the one and unique. It’s an atrocious fiasco that was given the mark of 0% by Entertainment Weekly, comenting : ‘laughable rudimentary FX ; the horrible dialogues are hilarious – and these are the best aspects in the movie.'”

About an out of stock screenshot of aurora shop page : “Marketing. Or how to straight-face declare the unavailability of a virtual good.”

Robin A.
      Participant

Haven’t read it yet (hope to get it early next week), but it seems the topic shitstormed weeks ago (before Christmas) when they only announced they’d publish an article about SC in their next issue, a horde of fans were angry (even before the article was even written) that it’d obviously be badly written, uninformed, biased…

Based on the few (non-whiteknight) people that just read it and gave their feedback on the forum, they agreed it was harsh towards SC, but factual and interesting, with the main conclusion being “we have doubts that they can make the game with 100M$, if they can’t, they still won’t be able to with 120M$ so stop throwing money at them”. Also apparently the paper talk about you at some point and not with a positive angle.

I’ll follow the thread in the canardpc forum in the coming days to read what the SC fans say about the article… will probably be “interesting”.

Robin A.
        Participant

I saw on Twitter that you posted a scan of the article on imgur, just wanted to say that it’s not very cool. While I understand you wanted to share the info, the newspaper only relies on paid purchases (with very little advertising) to earn money and openly sharing their articles as soon as they’re out is costing them sales (it happened in the past and they are very cautious about online piracy, for example they don’t sell an electronic version earlier than weeks after the paper release).

So, sure, someone else might publish it again, but please don’t be the bad guy here and remove the link to the scanned picture. Someone is about to publish online an english translation available soon to non-french speakers that wouldn’t have purchased the newspaper anyway; keeping the french version online so early isn’t really necessary to keep everyone informed, but it will cost sales to Canardpc. Thank you for listening 🙂

dsmart
          Keymaster

We’re in the digital age. There is no escaping that. And as long as it’s part of something else, it’s covered under Fair Use. Nobody reproduced the paper. I read (I am fluent in French) it, but opted not to translate it for various reasons (e.g. time, the fact that I’d get accused of being biased in how certain aspects were translated etc).

Also, I don’t care what people say about me. As I said on social media when asked how I felt about what they said:

nothing. don’t care. Irrelevant. No Star Citizen article would be complete without mentioning me in some form

if I responded to every thing someone says about me, I’d be very busy. that crap simply doesn’t faze me.

I know who I am. I define me. What people think of me is largely irrelevant & inconsequential to me as a person

dsmart
            Keymaster

Here are clean translations (1, 2) of the Canard PC French article

dsmart
              Keymaster

Yeah, it’s a pathetic money grab now; and has been for quite some time.

08/28 – Vanguard variant sale
                09/30 – Endeavor sale
                10/10 – CitizenCon military and Sabre sale
                11/19 – Anniversary-Thanksgiving Crucible & Archimedes with LTI sale
                12/16 – Reliant variant sale
                12/24 – Holiday and new Euro rate sale
                01/15 – Alpha 2.1 patch Aegis sale

Robin A.
                Participant

I wasn’t talking about the relevance of the translation or from a legal point of view, it’s just that publishing the whole scan of the article, which is the main selling point of this issue of the newspaper judging by the cover, is costing sales to CPC (probably not from those who’ll read the english translation, but from french readers) and they rely a lot on their paper sales to get income (few advertising, no online portal and a delayed electronic version so that piracy doesn’t hurt their sales too much). It’s a pity for a newspaper that took the effort and risk to write a pretty good review of the Star Citizen danger. Just sayin’.

MDrake SC
                  Participant

Straight from the goons (as info)… Turns out Sandi has received and publicly posted an award from someone.

2015 Internet Bullshit Award – Sandi Gardiner – For Surviving and Overcoming

Her facebook. A goon image as back up. Awww, how sweet. Batshit insane people comforting a toxic, pathological liar.

And here is the real gem… from another goon.

Cloud Imperium Games – who is in charge of finances? Makes u think.

Cindy Armstrong : November 2012 – April 2013
                    Joe Soethy: March 2014 – Present
                    Simon Elms: 2015 – onwards

https://www.linkedin.com/in/cindy-armstrong-7ba7781
                    https://www.linkedin.com/in/joe-sothy-aa000027
                    https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-elms-a050522b

In case folks don’t remember, Derek’s blog about the Swedish mafia connection and Simon Elms of the Cubic Motion (capture studio)… Well, Simon is a CFO and publicly lists it as so. And to think… there is still more amazing dirt Derek has been unable to share. Just how nasty and deep is this ponzi scheme…?

Viewing 8 posts - 185 through 192 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.