Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 169 through 176 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Robin A.
    Participant

The French gaming newspaper CanardPC is about to publish their 12-pages long article about Star Citizen

Even if you don’t understand French, the cover leaves few doubts about their opinion… I’m eager to read it.

lir big
      Participant

Nice, CanardPC is the “EliottNess” kind when it comes to  gaming journalism in France.
        The front page says : “SC, the secret of a cash-grab machine”

Robin A.
        Participant

Yeah, don’t be fooled by the childish drawings of the cover, it’s actually a very grown-up-oriented newspaper.

The other subtitles read “The business of the pledge”, “The abuses in crowdfunding”, “Our feedback about the alpha”.

lir big
          Participant

And this might be helpfull for EU citizens seeking for refund. I used it as a support to my refund request back in early October. The TOS had’nt been changed by then so I had got my refund request validated, and thus been refunded. BUT this might help you still .
            You can claim in your refund request mail that referral program, and the shape of actual SC merchandizing strategy may be in violation of EU rules when it comes to legal comercial activities.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/unfair-treatment/unfair-commercial-practices/index_en.htm
            http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/unfair-treatment/unfair-contract-terms/index_en.htm

As well as in the USA, you can report the fraud at your country’s authorities, FTC equivalent.  But the EU law itself is powerful enough to base protect you. Now M.Smart can tell us more about it, but I guess the issues regarding refunds are mostly about poeple living in the USA (?).

Tracy Acord
            Participant

Dsmart,

Thanks for this site.  I’m like you and many others on the scamming of RSI.

I purchased the Constellation Andromeda Physcial package on Jan 31, 2015.  By Feb 7, 2015 I wanted to know where my items were at.  I received the same bogus response that items are not promised until the game is finished.  Funny, that wasn’t listed when I purchased the item.  It just stated I would receive the physical and virtual items.  No line item stating “When the game is finished”.

So, simply short, no refund.

Contacted again on Dec 30th, 2015 and Just received a response on Jan 13, 2016

“RA Collectors Boxes will be shipping in the second half of this year.”

Ok, wait, I’m confused.  On their store, they are selling physical models but yet they can’t send me physical items I ordered last year?  Hum…one large scamming company.

I took your advice and contacted FTC and filed a complain.  I hope they all get arrested and spend time in jail.

Oh, if you go onto the forum and make a complain, they will bash the living shit out of you.

dsmart
              Keymaster

Yikes! I can’t wait to read that!! Let us know when it’s published.

dsmart
                Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know. But yeah, as long as they have not delivered those goods, you have every right to a full refund. You should pursue that.

dsmart
                  Keymaster

Their ToS will never stand up in any EU court. Even here in the US it won’t stand up in court. The issue is that the US justice system is so convoluted that it can take awhile.

I just heard that someone in the UK is actually suing them in small claims court. I will post more tomorrow as it develops.

Viewing 8 posts - 169 through 176 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.