Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    MDrake SC
    Participant

I enjoyed listening to Derek. I really agree. Sandi has zero respect for the people that even make it possible for her to enjoy the high life. I love the video comments. People can’t handle the truth.

Next thing you know, publishers will become incredibly valued… for their accountability.

dsmart
      Keymaster

It’s that lack of respect that really bothers me. Sure, several people have said things about Chris, how he runs the project etc, but I have yet to hear any such complaints from anyone. The Jennison letter was pretty much all we’d hear; and anyone who knows or has worked with/for Chris, should already know how things are. But when it comes to Sandi, I have yet to hear anyone say anything nice about her. And since nobody cares for or speaks to her sycophants (Ben et al), all you get to hear is all the horrid stuff.

What really ticked me off, hence the rant, are what she wrote in those emails to Kevin (aka @Beer4TheBeerGod). It shows a complete lack of respect not only for the very gamers who gave them all this money, but also the teams who are working their hardest to make their “dream” come true.

Then when you think about all the time that Chris spent writing a diatribe saying how we were picking on her etc; then you see her writing stuff that gives credence to what people have said, it all suddenly makes sense.

The Wulf Knight thing is the same instance of how they cultivate horrid behavior from the community, while punishing dissenters. In tact, the BTH Radio and Information Redux folks were discussing that in their stream (start at the 1hr:05 mark) yesterday as well.

dsmart
        Keymaster

Yes – they are completely toxic. Which is what they accuse others of being. The thing about it is that even those who just want a game, and who are not part of the Shitizen cult, are now too embarrassed (or even afraid) to even associate themselves with the game and community. And being an MMO type of game, imagine how that’s going to play out if they ever finish and release it.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
          Participant

Is anyone else thinking Sandi masterminded this entire scam manipulating Chris like a coked up puppet.  She stands to benefit the most from it because the way I see it, most of the legal risk is on Chris.

She divorced him and got back with him before and he seems infatuated with her and she seems meh.

MDrake SC
            Participant

I don’t think Sandi is smart enough to be a true “mastermind”… She is definitely shrewed (haha) enough to take advantage of an egotistic failure, with serious issues with any criticism, but has (had) money. Yes, most of the legal risk is on Chris.

I am curious who the first wife is (assuming I read things correctly long ago), and if she had anything to do with Chris being a very broken person. Chris had so much potential, but his inability to accept serious criticism probably doomed his first marriage, and is also the same aspect that crushed his professional careers too.

He had a chance to fix things and prove his skills, but nope. His sheer arrogance, being broke, and the flow of money turned him into a horribly corrupt person. I literally do not care for the shitizens that will go down with the project, and I hope all 3 CIG leaders go to prison for what they have done.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
              Participant

I need the PTU and game to go as long as possible. After the mindless faith, attacks and unwarranted and unwarned, permaban I want to pvp(grief) the shit out of the carebears

J HOW
                Participant

You’re right beginning to think I did luck out after reading through these threads.

I applied around earlier in the year, then got a reply so around March – May which is when they were recruiting. I applied to the UK but some of the roles were in the US hence the conference call – Ops was UK according to notes but servers were managed in the US. Yes it was a woman manager who was having issues with the way I spoke. Sorry can’t remember the name and don’t have it in my notes either.

Can’t comment but I have read on Sandi, don’t know if it was the same person.

If it helps on my notes it mentioned the problem they were having was server instancing specifically load balancing and fault domains. Basically in the virtual space – if a Virtual Machine died then it would take out that instance or node – or how many nodes were on the virtual machine. This was the technical conversation around the conference call. I suggested a DNS round robin approach and then a load balancer for each node group – all connected to a SQL cluster backend so it did not matter what node it was connected to then all instances would be available as long as they were all acting on the software layer. The point was to make all nodes mutli-session aware in each node group – as in able to talk to each other and the SQL DBs then get around the instancing problem as all nodes could share data freely in a mesh configuration for that node group. Which is how it was done in a few other smaller MMOs.

From the notes it’s not what they were looking for as cost factor was raised as an issue and the fact the server side software did not support certain required functions to make it possible.

As I understand it, currently it’s still an outstanding issue with their Persistent Universe.

MDrake SC
                  Participant

@ J HOW

Wow, you applied and got a reply 2-3 months before Derek was forcefully refunded in July. A lot of time before any of the media controversies came up. Even as a rough estimate, May 7, 2015 was a good time for Star Citizen as it was when AC patch 1.1.2 was released, and that also included the much anticipated tutorial.

Thanks for going through your notes and sharing some details from the conference call.

Just for fun, there are rumors from the goons/SA forums (devs might be leaking info) that since Chris and Sandi are in the UK, Foundry42 is going through hell. Chris wants all resources on SQ42, to fulfill contractual and legal obligations. Sandi is on a rampage and smashing the customer service team located there. I know Kraiklyn_CIG and pixelpicker (Patrick Probst in Beer’s email) the lead moderator and CS manager are based there.

Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.