Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 1,001 through 1,008 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    Hotsauce ShoTYME
    Participant

From the official forums a few posts down from the loaf

Derek Smart is a blowhard idiot but handing him more ammunition that fits in with his narrative is incredibly short sighted at best and heinously stupid at worst”

I just stopped laughing

dsmart
      Keymaster

lmao! yeah, I saw that. These people forget the rule…

This is CIG. There’s always more; and it’s always [i]worse[/i].

letitfail
        Participant

Once again, thank you Derek for an entertaining and informative read.  A notable part for me was the mentioned recent bonus payout. I suggest that the amazing amounts of cash people can feel entitled to for their ‘work’ has been the death knell for many a crowdfunded project.

So we wait for SQ42 (With some unspecified chance of total failure before it is released). How can people honestly have hope that it would be any good – the ‘have faith’ argument advanced a lot of the time. For SQ42 to have a hope of being good you would have to believe that a substantial amount of content is being hidden even if release is mid 2017. Face it folks, it will be shit. And if you think people have been complaining about SC up to now, well the floodgates open for real on commercial release of Chris’s movie.

Alternatively they can string along backers a la star marine but for how long? Well in the spirit of the recent and issue riddled “Star Citizen AA Trolls and $100 Millon[sic]” where we are provided a few calculations, I will give my own numbers. With a reasonable burn rate of $3m over 3 years we get $3m*36= $108m. Arbitrarily set the start to mid 2014. Then consider certain funding sinks outside that burn rate (vs sources aside from backers which are simply overwhelmed) then your out of luck next year. This is why those who say 2018/19/20+ are amusing.

dsmart
          Keymaster

The situation is a lot worse than most people realize. So no, there is no stringing this along for much longer. Wait and see.

dsmart
            Keymaster

So today one of Star Citizen’s superfans went on a YouTube meltdown in her channel, calling dissenting backers, trolls. So I wrote her a letter (scroll to the comments section).

Martijn Otto
              Participant

It just keeps on getting better, somebody is actually claiming to be bored with the game and advised to assist in bug hunting.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/334814/i-m-bored-again#latest

And I read somewhere someone asking if a Brexit would actually have an impact too. Wouldn’t surprise me if RSI goes down and then blames it on the Brexit.

This ongoing saga is getting priceless. Lots of fun at the Frontier forum as well.

J HOW
                Participant

Sounded like the bitter taste of the red pill coming though listening to the video and I think you’re right – it sounds like frustration at coming to a realisation.

As an outsider (not backed the game) still unable to comprehend this level of fanatical support, worse still it appears to be getting worse with the dedicated fans. The changes to TOS, refund policy, CS policy as becoming bigger signs of attention and seems to be drawing in media attention – which in turn is making the fans worse.

Everything seems quiet around the Manchester office these days, not many of their employees are even involved with local IT or game development groups or forums. Would speculate that it sounds like an enforced policy or maybe an unwritten rule not to talk outside the company or associate with “other” game studios or development houses, but who knows with CIG getting increasingly paranoid?

dsmart
                  Keymaster

It’s all coming apart now. That’s really what’s going on atm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1,001 through 1,008 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.