Star Citizen – General Discussions

Forums Main Star Citizen – General Discussions

Viewing 8 posts - 89 through 96 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    dsmart
    Keymaster

It’s unfair for people to continue to throw Illfonic under the bus when thus far, only few people (like me) know precisely what happened. No, it wasn’t their fault. So you guys need to stop doing that.

dsmart
      Keymaster

Instead, white knights are saying that Derek took Chris’ quote out of context to slander SC again. “Selective perception” being one insult. Total lack of slightly critical thinking to connect what Derek and Chris are saying… The custom CryEngine still needs a massive amount of work to even begin to go MMO.”

They’re idiots. And as such, it is expected that they would take everything out of context, ignore the facts, and try to twist things. It’s not like this is the first time that Chris is making statements which everyone harps on.

The fact is that, the same way in the past whereby he has said things (remember when he said Star Marine wasn’t canceled, though I pointed out his exact statement?), I point it out, then extremist White Knights go on the offensive. It’s the same thing here.

This is the first time that he has ever – ever – admitted that they were using an engine not built for this game. Usually that sort of difficulty is gleamed in the dev updates. Pretty much how I blew the alarm back in July after seeing that update regarding their 64-Bit issues.

Of course since July I’ve been saying that they don’t have the tech for the game and that they were still building it. And when you have efforts for building a game engine, while other efforts are in building game, you can expect horrendous things like this to happen.

As I type this, 2.1 is an absolute mess. And I already stated that what is going on in the 2.x kernel now, is precisely what has been going on in the 1.x kernel since AC was first released. So this is the on-going state of things.

FYI; this is a public statement from Petar Kotevski (one of the original programmers of CryEngine in my Facebook feed.

As one of the original programmers of the CryEngine, I can say that the network update of various pockets of activity was perfectly doable even in 2004. Not sure where he is going with network persistent cups of coffee (and how that could be usable, or justifiable in a design sense), but that would also not be a problem – since I presume they would be client side only anyway

btw remember this? from : Chris Roberts Interview: mmorpg.com (Dec 5, 2012) interview #1 (Transcript)

dsmart
        Keymaster

@BB yeah, it’s unfair that people keep throwing them under the bus. Third party contractors tend to have very little control over a project. They only do as they are told.

lir big
          Participant

You are right about Illfonic, my mistake , I was in a hurry and couldn’t write a lot, let me fix it 🙂
            . I do believe indeed Illfonic had to deal with CR managment and he ‘s the one who had them waisting money and time. They certainly done a good job, and the horizon map and sata ball were all there to prove their work. I dunno what happened but I’m about sure CR was betting on StarMarine so he could give something to backers . Nonetheless something went wrong and Illfonic went off with assets and knowledge .CIG ahd to deal with starmarine stuck at state since there was no developers left that had worked on it. I also believe T.Day had tried to do something out of it and left when he finally had enough with CR ridiculous managment and missplaced expetactions.
            Well nevertheless, my point on post 2108 was that I think they had every modules up and ready at late 2013, just needed few more work to make the tech demo into playable elements. I know you can’t tell us about yet but, I think I’m close to the truth within the big picture. I could be wrong, this is all thoughts, but  well, facts + everything details and specifics you provide us lead me to this reasoning. And sorry again for my bad english , I realise I do lack of technical vocabulary and synthax, I hope it is still understandable.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
            Participant

These people are idiots.  This is a phenomena I have never seen.  I am going to troll and Pvp(Griefing according to the carebears) the shit out of them for however long this hot ass mess stays alive.

How these people can’t see something is fishy after the unmelt crap is beyond me.  Then again they didn’t notice Chris was high as hell in the pitch video.  They don’t notice he fresh off something in half his presentations.  The community is the worst.

Screw Jim Jones.  This guy takes the cake.

B B
              Participant

Fascinating information in this post.

The thing I’m more interested is, is you mentioned this before( I think in your first SC blog )

At this point the CE has been modified to the core, that it has turned in this sort of Frankenstein of an engine, you said before that Crytek has very strict license rules. you have different types of licences for various purposes.

Where does SC fall in this category? Can we still call it the CE?

In short, will they ever be allowed to use the engine once/if the game launches? If the game stays crappy as it is, wouldn’t that hurt Crytek business?
                What about all the coders who left the company to go work over at Cloud?

MDrake SC
                Participant

@ Derek

I believe our discussions have been fun and incredibly helpful to moderate outsiders. The comment from Petar makes me wonder what Chris has instructed his engineers to scrap and rewrite for AC back in 2013-2014. If the original CE netcode was close enough to do what Chris is using as an excuse now (for ~40 players per instance), that means either Chris is beyond idiotic and getting in the way of his engineers, or lying, or both and has created an even larger mess. Hopefully, one day you can share the confidential secrets you have learned.

@ Hotsauce ShoTYME

You re-reminded me of this cringy video… technically Derek did first in Oct 2015. I had always suspected that Sandi was the wife, but as long as she didn’t get in the way, it didn’t matter (2013 mindset). Time flies.

@ B B

You have made me question what type of Crytek engineers are working at the Frankfurt office. I suspect the folks at Frankfurt are mainly specializing in graphics, art, textures, cinematics, and motion capture features. Basically, anyone that can contribute to, or produce a good movie for SQ42.

Ah well. No point in hoping for a fun game to come out. Chris wants his mouse flight, he’ll get it. And his cringy script writing too.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
                  Participant

That’s the video.  20 seconds he is high as hell. LOL he created a mess.  It was all good early on but then he started fucking up fast and picking up speed

Tracey leaving
                    Travis leaving

Mayberry leaving

Those people leaving those positions mid-project are not normal turnover despite what the armchair developers on CIG forums think.  The fact they can’t read between the lines of all those monthly updates is appalling.  CIG really lays the screw ups out there but dress it up real nice.  A pig wearing lipstick is still a pig.

Forget hiding it,  not disclosing the fact that your wife is a VP in your company is shady.  Much better story to tell when your wife is helping you build your dream versus the crap they did.  Her resume(from her introduction video) for that position is laughable.

Blatant misrepresentation of backer numbers.  Fleet size is a blatant lie too considering a large amount have multiple ships.  Do they even have fleet size in visible location on the page anymore?  I’d wager actual backer numbers to be around 25%-33% of fleet size.  Here is a question for 10 FTC.  How

Unmelt “feature” won’t let you use store credit.  Hilarious.  That is a blatant attempt to try and pump cash out customers.  Like you really think it was a mistake to not allow the use of store credit.  It was designed that way.  That is a configuration setting change unless Turbulent are that bad at web development.

Viewing 8 posts - 89 through 96 (of 1,084 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – General Discussions’ is closed to new replies.