Star Citizen – Year Four

Forums Main Star Citizen – Year Four

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    lir big
    Participant

I confirm, the refund I got came from RSi Int as well. I can provide links if needed

Justin .
      Participant

Oh I just learned that if you want to have NPCs manning certain points on your ship… you going to have to pay RL cash for each NPC.

MDrake SC
        Participant

@ Derek

One of my contacts got back to me and has small info about Ortwin showing up in payment histories. They claim to be only in the USA and have only bought stuff from RSI from the USA. They went through their payment history and noticed Ortwin came up a lot. CIG followed by Ortwin and this history goes for a bit of time before going back to CIG.

Would this info be useful if you are still considering a class action lawsuit? They do not know if the info is useful or just another list of Ortwin related purchases with dates before they switch back to CIG. Where should I tell them to send it if you think it’s useful? If they do not get their refund, they have an interest in joining your lawsuit and I’ve already sent them the info in How to Obtain Relief and outlook email.

I wonder just how many CIG has screwed over in the refund storm… It’s gonna be pretty bad for the folks that sent in their refunds months ago and got nowhere. Hell, I don’t know what to do. Is it true that Sandi is the human resources or customer service boss? She may be the one to pick and choose who gets refunded and screwed.

dsmart
          Keymaster

Yeah, it’s very useful. Please have them send it directly to wethebackers at outlook dot com

dsmart
            Keymaster

The Ill-Fated Star Marine Module

Back in Aug when I said that the Star Marine “module” had in fact been canceled, they denied it; and White Knight extremists went on the attack.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

$29,000,000

Enhanced Mission Design for Squadron 42 – The team at Foundry 42 has big plans for Squadron 42, and we’re going to provide extra funding to make it a true spiritual successor to Wing Commander! Squadron 42 can go above and beyond anything you’ve seen before. From opening with an epic battle instead of a training patrol to missions that seamlessly combine boarding and space combat, we aim to put you right into the action! Additional funding will let the team realize this, with enhanced mission design and more resources and animations to enhance fidelity.

$20,000,000

First person combat on select lawless planets. Don’t just battle on space stations and platforms… take the fight to the ground!

$16,000,000

Arena mode: The next generation of Wing Commander’s TrainSim allows pilots to test out their combat skills against friends or strangers in a simulation. Gain valuable combat experience without the downside of losing your ship in the game universe! Place bets on competitions across the galaxy.

$5,000,000

Enhanced boarding options: melee combat, heavy weapons, zero gravity simulation, suit HUD options and EVA combat.

$3,500,000

Ship boarding – learn more about how Star Citizen will allow players to conduct boarding operations.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12777-35-Million-Unlock

FPS gameplay style was introduced right off the bat and added in various forms via stretch goals.

Like changing “Arena” to “Arena Commander”, Chris himself tagged the FPS module as “Star Marine”.

And like Arena commander’s ships, flight dynamics etc, everything SM was to be in the PU as well as SQ42.

The Star Marine module was only as “independent” as Arena Commander in terms of it being used as a testbed.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Marine

According to in-game lore, Star Marine was developed by InterDimension Software. It can be accessed from the Sim pod located in every player’s hangar.

…and this update was made on Oct 3rd, 2015.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14981-Star-Marine-Status-Update

Below you will find the weekly list of changes, updates, fixes and issues. We’re getting very close to release; those that remember the early days of Arena Commander will remember how frustrating it was that last minute blockers continued to pop up… and the same is true here. It’s part of the process, for sure, but a part we’ll be happy to be done with very soon.

In closing, it’s been another week of solid progress. We get closer and closer to putting this into your hands. I hope to have a video for you next week detailing one of the major blockers that’s kept Star Marine out of your hands thus far, including the solution we’re in the process of implementing even as I write this.

At that was merely three weeks before Chris announced at CitizenCon that Star Marine was no longer going to be released as a stand alone module, but that it would be a component of the Star Citizen Persistent Universe.

This was June 2015: Star Marine: Bringing crowd-funding to a gun fight

As we’ve seen in the 2.0 pre-Alpha, the same shit that was shown before, is what’s actually in there now. None of the new stuff they claimed they were working on appears to be in it. In fact, last I checked, they haven’t even mentioned anything about FPS in these 2.0 updates, let alone “Star Marine”. And it’s apparently still in the production schedule.

Star Marine, as we knew it, is dead.

Anonymous

Your claim that ‘Star Marine’ is scrapped and “dead” are incorrect. You appear to be inferring they plan to never release it, instead drop the mechanics into PU. True, everything will get dropped in the PU at some point, but the ‘Star Marine’ module is still coming as a separate entity from the PU. Evidence by discussion of it on the latest ’10 for the Producers’ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo85N7P5UeQ#). This question was answered after the live stream, and suggests that they still have plans that include it.

It will be the same as AC, a VR game inside of Star Citizen, primarily functioning as a test bed for design and mechanics.

dsmart
                Keymaster

I never made such a claim, nor did I infer it. Please read my post again. There will be FPS; just not in the stand-alone form that Star Marine was originally designed to be. It has been canceled. By Chris. At CitizenCon.

I never said anything about FPS being canceled.

Star Marine, as a stand-alone module, has been canceled. There’s no argument about that.

dsmart
                  Keymaster

The Star Citizen financial waste continues:

For those of us keeping track of this inbound train wreck, some have been compiling all the stuff seen in videos of the new Santa Monica location (the one rumored to have a $20K cappuccino machine).

This one is new. It’s from the latest broadcast. See this pic? http://i.imgur.com/CnDy9MC.jpg

That lamp alone cost this much:

1) SPUTNIK FILAMENT FLOOR LAMP: $595

2) VINTAGE SQUIRREL-CAGE TUBE FILAMENT BULB ($9×12 bulbs): $108

TOTAL (without tax): $703 https://goo.gl/HqLPS0

For a floor lamp.

And others have been cataloging this sort of thing from various new videos. Take a wild guess what those work tables (with the casters) in the background cost. e.g. the chair and desk are from there. The wing desk costs $2,500.

So much for this:

“As a crowd funded project, Star Citizen’s scope is based directly on the support provided by our backers. Money pledged goes directly to the game’s development.”

Found here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 105 total)
                  • The topic ‘Star Citizen – Year Four’ is closed to new replies.