Star Citizen – Terms Of Service

Forums Main Star Citizen – Terms Of Service

Viewing 8 posts - 57 through 64 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Martijn Otto
    Participant

The list from Derek shows only 2 RSI names, all the others are CIG. So moving everything formally to RSI International UK (and then killing all the others CIG companies) might be their way to move money out of USA / sight. Especially if they create a whole new entity in the UK.

The above mentioned TOS however, states this:

“To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us (Roberts Space Industries International Limited, Freedom House, Church Street, Wilmslow, SK9 1AX, United Kingdom, [email protected]) of your decision to withdraw from these Terms of Service by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, or e-mail) during the Withdrawal Period. You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.”

So RSI UK can be reached via e-mail with an CIG address. So killing all other CIG companies probably won’t hold up in court…

Hyco Cam
      Participant

I believe the Hill Country Galleria office in Bee Cave, TX has new tenants.  Around Thanksgiving time there was a listing for 14,000ish sqft of office space in building A, office 250:  http://www.hillcountrygalleriatexas.com/space.php   The space was listed as available either June 1st or July 1st.

That listing is gone, but these guys still have the space advertised: https://www.thesquarefoot.com/tx/austin/13420-galleria-circle  (Kind of the zillow of commerical space, lagging behind the times a bit.)

On a bit of a related note.  The Restoration Hardware Aviator series of furniture that folks love to harp about didn’t cost CIG anything, if my memory is correct.  The previous tenant in Galleria space was Fired Up, Inc., the main office for the 170 or so Carino’s Italian restaurants spread across the country.  Carino’s went into Chapter 11 and when they did, more or less moved out of A-250, leaving everything behind.  Some of the stuff left behind included the kegerator and the Restoration Hardware furniture.  When Sandi realized people were watching Wingman’s Hangar and she was missing an opportunity to be a star–that is when Mike Morlan and crew got kicked to the curb, the show moved to LA, along with the set furniture.

Ranger Man
        Participant

Interesting.

I bet that special door that looks like one in SC cost them something though.  That  doesn’t look like a Carino’s door  that I’ve seen <G>.

dsmart
          Keymaster

Yeah, that’s false. Please don’t do that here. The $20K Espresso machine was bought new. And the Restoration Hardware furniture didn’t get stolen from office space they rented. Are you serious right now?

dsmart
            Keymaster

You already know that you shouldn’t download the game launcher in the 2.4 patch update, as that’s the only place where you will agree to the new ToS.

Someone (married to an attorney), put up a video. You should watch it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJK3sfZVIcM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Ranger Man
              Participant

Interesting.  And as usual the white nights, cultists dismiss it all on reddit.  As one said “It’s CIG so I don’t care about TOS”.  How deluded.

Martijn Otto
                Participant

In the comments of this video, Major Tom said this:

“By removing CIG from the ToS entirely they remove liability from CIG (Cloud Imperium Games) and shift it to RSI (Robert Space Industries). Since Robert Space Industries is a subsidy of CIG, when (or if) the project crashes, the parent company can technically claim no liability (see https://www.invigorlaw.com/when-can…-parent-entity/ )”

dsmart
                  Keymaster

Yeah, they are right. It is in my original post (item #9) in this thread. And I also Tweeted about it yesterday as well. It’s good that people are doing their own legal research into this new ToS nonsense.

Viewing 8 posts - 57 through 64 (of 92 total)
                  • The forum ‘Main’ is closed to new topics and replies.