Star Citizen – Terms Of Service

Forums Main Star Citizen – Terms Of Service

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Ranger Man
    Participant

Now we’ll get the no refunds because of blah, blah, blah.

What are the legal implications when you have paid for SC as a backer and then they basically take away what you bought.  For retail it’s like they came and took your CD away.  There must be some legal ramifications to banning and not allowing you to play the game anymore.

Hotsauce ShoTYME
      Participant

If I am understanding this correctly

-If the ships you pledged for currently exist in the PTU no matter how fucked up or offspec they are, then you get no refund

-Fuck your right to financial audits
        -Fuck you Gray market
        -We can ban your account for whatever reason(including for activities in non-RSI/CIG websites) and you get no refund
        -If you don’t agree to this new TOS you can’t play the game you could play and pledged for previously.

The last two seem incredibly anti-consumer and inflammatory.  That is going to piss off people with money to burn on lawyers.  I can’t see how this doesn’t dump gasoline on the fire.  Why does this TOS not only apply to pledges going forward.  They are retconning TOS and denying access unless you agree.  That sounds like extortion.

Sean Tomlinson
        Participant

I didn’t think they had the fish working yet…

lir big
          Participant

There is a recourse I haven’t heard about yet – as far as I know of. : A sitting protest for accountability at CIG’s headquarters frontdoors.
            I’m asking to the fellow US backers , would it possible to organise such a protest in an official way ; maybe even have some media around ?

dsmart
            Keymaster

Yeah, it’s one of the points in my OP. We don’t know the significance of this just yet.

dsmart
              Keymaster

The new ToS has a switch of corporate entities from CIG to RSI; and it is not yet clear what is going on.

Then yesterday it was discovered that, back in May (the same month that certain conditions in the previous ToS were set to trigger), Cloud Imperium Games LLC, the only entity operating in Texas (where the down-sized Austin live ops team is located), filed a certificate of withdrawal as a Foreign Limited Liability Company * in the State of Texas.

*Foreign or Out-of-State Entities FAQs

My foreign entity has decided to close its office in Texas and will no longer be doing business in the state. What do I need to file?

If the foreign entity will continue to exist in its jurisdiction of organization, but will just cease to transact business in Texas, the entity may withdraw its registration by filing Form 608 (Word 106kb, PDF 74kb). Unless the foreign entity is a nonprofit corporation, the certificate of withdrawal must include a Certificate of Account Status from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.

You can create a temporary login at the site; then search for doc # 669908670003 or filing # 801701457

As they did file a Form 608, this means that they’re not converting that entity to a Texas corporate entity.

All of this is curious because that Austin office was rumored to be down-sized and ultimately closed a few months back.

Now we have learned that Erin Roberts (who heads F42-UK) was just in Austin. Is this just some procedural entity cleanup/consolidation, or could they be in the final stages of closing the studio? If so, where are they going to handle live ops for the game? Certainly not in the LA office, since only a bunch of clowns (no offense to those who aren’t culpable to this shit-show) work out of that vanity “head” office, while the teams doing the gamedev, are mostly located in CIG-Austin, F42-GER and F42-UK.

More to come as we continue digging into this. Since the new eye-opening ToS conveniently appeared over the weekend, and going into E3, there isn’t much to go on.

This new ToS, coupled with what I am now hearing from various sources, tells me that we’re now in the End Times. Which is precisely why I had written both Extinction Level Event and Condition Red blogs about the on-going situation.

This is CIG. There’s always more; and it’s always worse. 

SJ Parkinson
                Participant

They are also changing their official address to the UK. Out of the jurisdiction of the FTC would be my guess.

Ranger Man
                  Participant

That might  be  a mistake.  Much of Europe has much tougher consumer protection laws then the US and as Derek has pointed out there is mandatory financial reports they have to file.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 92 total)
                  • The forum ‘Main’ is closed to new topics and replies.